The sun never sets on the French empire

France love thread

seeing all those little islands is triggering me more about what could have been than it is solacing me about what we still have

Kerguelen is Peruvian and we'll get them back sooner or later

The French Empire was pretty low-tier though. It was more of an economic burden and benefit. The French claim that unlike Anglos they were just trying to bring civilization and culture around the world but thats pretty dubious considering, unlike the former British empire, there is not a single successful ex-French colony.

*burden THAN benefit

What more triggering is that France didn't establish more settler states.

Tunisia, Algeria and Morocco are doing fine I think
You also have to consider that unlike the Brits the French didn't genocide and replace the natives

They're all more successful than anglo colonies in the fact that the natives are still alive and well.

the french?

i'm a fan 2bh

they did, but the filthy English always genocided them

Western Europe is an ex-french colony

The only ones I can think of is Quebec and somewhat in Algeria.

>he thinks that's a good thing

>"""""""""""""""empire""""""""""""""""

We lost the big part on the First Empire during 7 years war. We lost India, almost all the North America. But at this time for us Europe was more important and sugars was more imprtant than lands. We did a bad move

The BLACK French empire

I fucking hate Frenchaboos, French people are fine but their dickriders are toxic, since Yanks dont have much in the way of culture they fucking idolise France and give its over rated status.
That being said France's Empire might have not burned the brightest but it burnt the longest and honestly I gotta give em that our territories pale in comparison. I hope they manage to pick themselves up and take charge of the EU since its what they deserve and they sort their national identity and demographics out too, if they dont then they'll just end up as Germanys shitty little brother.

I'd say England has been quite successfull

I feel the same about our shitty territories

this

I often see brits like you look down on Americans on Sup Forums for "sucking our cock" but from my point of view they most of the time call us gay cowards and suck Germany/Britain's dick for muh heritage reasons.

Nah I see Americans suck German and Irish cock, but almost never British

I feel embarrassed for enjoying that corny comic. Beeriful ;_;

Must be why everyone in Paris was so tan.

>americans are one monolithic entity and not a collection of socially independent states

reeeeeee

Which French empire? The first one?

good post

Blessed are the glorious BLACK BULLS of France.

French empire was always pretty trash tier Basically resource extraction and mixing with the natives like the Spanish and Portuguese. Why is the Anglo always superior?

Were it not for FRANCE us Cajuns and our delicious food would never exist!

>Cajuns
>human trash
Pick 2
Even French canadians are baraley tolerable and they're basically Anglos by now

Free the Malvinas

When the Malvinas vote to stay part of UK and not join a shitty third world country

Shut the fuck up before Spain rectifies their past mistakes

Spain can't do shit. It's flithy, lazy med culture doesn't lend itself to accomplishment.

It was the largest empire before the British empire, obviously it's gotta have something decent about it

I hate French people but they seem to really be into my brown skin, so I fuck one or two every week. They're lousy lays. I prefer Dutch or German women who also want to get it on. I'm a tour guide.

And it was worthless. The only thing Spanish empire did was destroy cultures and collapse the Spanish economy.

t. Miguel Cervantes
tfw you import so much gold you fuck your economy for years. Also tfw the Spanish empire was solely built on being first and was continuously BTFO by the French, Dutch, and Anglo

no one likes indios lol
Their bloodthirsty, pagan, inferior cultures deserved to die

The empire that starts first, is the first to fall. It's as simple as that

the spanish fell far harder and faster than any of the other colonial powers. it was even BTFO by a young America. Everybody else held on until after WWII. You can't deny such differences

That's true. But that's because they'd been raped hardcore by the French, more so than anyone else

Paris is a dirty shithole, French food is disgusting and French people are awful, rude people.

>dirty shithole
Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

based frenchie bringing the bantz

>best culture in the world
>overrated
I'm sorry, what?

>since Yanks dont have much in the way of culture they fucking idolise France and give its over rated status
That was until Bush jr came along, and they didn't believed him when he told them, Saddam had WMDs, so now they cheese eating surrender monkeys. Punish France.

America has the best culture in the world
No one has liked France here since WWII because they decided against joining our side in the Cold War

>French food is disgusting
I mean sure, if you eat French food at some poor Mexican restaurant it's gonna be disgusting. But French cuisine is widely considered the best in the world by gourmets and professionals alike, so you shouldn't get too ahead of yourself on that subject.

kick france out of the americas!

getting shot isnt culture.

you can avoid getting shot with this handy phase
"if you see brown, don't stick around"
All gun deaths other than suicides are justified police shootings and gang violence in hispanic and black areas

American Francophilia is more of a left-wing thing
It usually doesn't run very deep though

>America has no culture
That's how the saying goes. But I'm not going to mindlessly repeat it, instead I'll just point out that while America has culture, it might as well have none compared to countries like France.

t. eats French food or food prepared with French techniques daily
you just don't know any better, do you...

What was Las Vegas then?

If I think of America, I think of a giant billboard.
Their culture is commercial and advertiser friendly.

>french-canadians are basically anglos now
It's definitely wrong but whatever

It's size was pretty impressive, I think it was during the first part of the 20th century the second largest empire after Britain, though it might have been smaller then Russia's empire/Soviet Union.

I just love how France still owns a small piece of South America.

you just saw native french people

I wish Brazil takes it with its niggers.