How the hell are Mutants the "opressed?"

Just got back from Xmen Apocalypse and I have to say, how the hell can the mutants be the underdogs? We have three trilogies of movies showing how totally fucked in power mutants are.

>X1
Mutants infiltrate the US Government and high level international summits. And the "good guys" are the private child soldier army with military hardware in there basement and a spy machine that can find and read the thoughts of anyone on earth. Which is pretty hypocritical when the "bad guy" is a registation act. (You need a liscene to drive a card but Mind Control and Massive Destruction are things that no one should have on record)

>X2
A mutants with a MEDIUM power level solos the entire secret service and would have easily killed the president if it wasnt for dumb luck
Turns out that same civil rights destroy spy machine can also KILL ANYONE ANYWHERE with a thought and he almost let global super genocide happen TWICE

>X3

Magneto shows he trash megatmstructures with a thought. And Jean is an unstoppable kill monster that would have destroyed everything if wolverube didnt hapoen to be there to kill her

>First Class
Oh hey, a pychic can use her powers to cause a nuclear armagaeddon , theres one dude who is literally unkillable unless he lets you hurt him (or is mind controlled to let you) and Magneto once again proves everyone right by taking over the two most advanced weapon platforms on the planet at that point.

>Dofp
A mutant uses his pychic powers to take over the presidency and his brother tried the same thing before he got shot. The shapeshifter easily breaks into every high security local you could imagine and can kill anyone. And oh yeah the "Holy shit Magneto" counter rises when he shows he can rip cities apart like lego blocks

>Apocalypse
Ahahahahahahahahaha.

Turns out the afformentioned worldwide spy/murder network can also MIND CONTROL people. The guys who thought it was good idea to put a warplane in the basement of a school full of kids get the obvius outcome when one of the walking laser tanks accidentally blows it up. You have a chick there who could easily burn and break down the whole mansion in her sleep. Magneto shows he is literally one bad day from killing all life on earth (and they let him go anyway after killing hundreds of millions), Apocalypse tears down a whole city and thats just a MINOR feat. Oh and it turns out Prof X at any given time could take over every mind on the planet. Which Poccy had for like a MINUTE and took over all the nukes ever with) I'm also pretty sure Storm could have Day After Tommorow'd everyone. And a footnote to Woverine killing like all of Weapon X in ten minutes. It took him whole movies last time.

Hell the whole plot of the film was En Sabah Blackface waking up and wondering how the shit they arent in charge by now. Nigga was like "what the fuck are you doing?"

How the hell can they still push the "opreased minority" card. Malcome X couldnt kill millions with a thought. Harvy Milk couldnt take over the world whenever he felt like it. Warning checks on the walking doom gods that roam the world isnt prejudice. Its common sense?

You got guys who can throw civizations like soft balls and the big bad are the guys with guns and purple robots?

Hell the Sentinels only took over the world once THEY got Mutant powers.

The X men films are borderline anti mutant propaganda.

You're completely right. And because of all the stuff you mentioned and more everyone hates and fears mutants and wants them to fuck off, which is where they get their persecution complex I guess.

TL;DR

No actually I did read it. Thanks for reminding me how retarded these movies are. I needed that.

In the comics its worse.

Mutants have way more power and the fact they spawn at puberty makes incidents more likely.

Xavier schools are a Good idea. When your powers manifest ship off to one so you dont accidentally kill anyone and also so we have a record and identifcation of folks so that, for example, we dont let mind readers take sats in groups or lasermen on airplanes.

Anyone find it funny that Apocalypse seemed to have every power they could think of EXCEPT his actual mutation in the books?

It's because plot-wise and thematically these movies are garbage. They ruin they're own premise of "these poor oppressed mutants are like Jews or Gays" by showing just how freaking IMPOSSIBLE it is for humans to coexist with them over, and over, and over again.

Personally I was DONE with this series after the second movie. All I could think walking out of the theater was, "If I was president, I'd start figuring out a way to murder every mutant on planet earth right NOW." They are an existential threat to regular humans, and it's been proven over and over again.

But we're supposed to feel bad for them because the story is represented from their point of view, not from random citizen 53,437 who just had their house explode.

Singer is a hack.

>The X men films are borderline anti mutant propaganda.

I've literally been saying this since the second movie.

what is apocalypses power and what is the celestial tech? i cant tell the difference when i read comics with apoc in them

Dear OP - you're rather heated over what's a bit of fun entertainment. So much energy - if you let these movies offend you so much, why watch them? Watch movies you like watching instead.

In the comics, did the US government stop trying to kill mutants when they had their own independent country and didn't bother anyone?

Fuck off Scott

Where do you think you are?

This shit would work better if they stopped with stuff like the "it's just like le gays!" logic
>Have you tried not being a mutant?
lol, considering how deadly muties can be it's almost as if they tried to make them a metaphor for AIDS

Lot of missed opportunities here, story-telling wise. Fanboys keep saying FoX-men movies, especially Singer's, have heavy and well explored themes that can apply to real life and shit, but the way i see it they barely scratch the surface

Take DoFP for example, they decided to hire the witty dwarf as one of the baddies, so people were wondering, why such a specific choice? Well, other than the fact that the actor was popular, why a dwarf as the oppressor scientist? I remember some people came up with the theory that the movie was going to explore the idea that you don't have to be a stereotypical, white, old, possibly conservative dude to cover the role of mutant-hater, that they wanted to show minorities can misunderstand other minorities, that even Trask, as a person that probably went through some discrimination because of his looks, could get into panic when dealing with another minority

But was any of that in the movie? Hell no, Trask is barely a character in the movie. I think Mystique disguised as Trask in those couple of minutes showed more emotional range than normal Trask in the entire movie

I mean, don't get me wrong, i enjoy these movies, i literally just finished watching X1 (i'm marathoning the series with the family) and it was a lot of fun, but most of these movies are just that, fun
I don't want to sound like a parrot, but it's kinda like what Mike said from the RLM review of Apocalypse, these movies are kinda funny because they actually think they're serious

If i had to sum it up, i'd say these movies are compelling simply for the characters and their personal struggles, most "social commentary" is kinda lost on me, fear of a living weapon isn't the same as fear of different skin colour

Good point, I tend to treat people like people - I forget that it's mostly perma-angry kids here.

keep in mind in these movies they are the only super powerful force. In comics you have every other superhero around, and depending on what you read they fuck the muties shit up. Plus you have sentinels and whatnot.

Wait a sec.

Poccy can collect mutants powers he body jumps in right?

Why did he have tv/radio learning power? Even if a mutant had that power in ancient times why would he body jump into someone whose powers would literally have nothing to work on.

And its not like his un explained robotech justifies it, tvs and radios uterlly confused him.

God this is so stupid. Mutants are bad, but superheros (Who are also mutants, just a different kind) are OK!

I'm sooo glad there's a legal wall between the X-Men and the MCU. The X-men should never be integrated into the greater Marvel Universe. It just doesn't make sense.

The idea that the Avengers and non mutie heroes are supported by the humans because they are not naturally growing at all times and are the only check on Mutants is so brilliant i am shocked its in no books.

i dont understand how you guys dont get why people dont like mutants. it is evolution, mutants will suplant regular humans, as a human they are afraid of being wiped out for the more evolved race.

>(You need a liscene to drive a card but Mind Control and Massive Destruction are things that no one should have on record)

The difference is that one of those skills is learned, while the other is a skill you were born with. It's like if Asians needed license because they had higher intelligence.

espesially with people like Mag "put the homo inferiors in camps" Neto running around

No, asains would need licenses if they spontaneously developed the ability to shoot lasers out of their eyes, or tamper with the fabric of reality, or control metal

You say that page is stupid, but i'm gonna guess you didn't even read the book in question, it's pretty much spelled out why normal people fear mutants more than the other superheroes

>i dont understand how you guys dont get why people dont like mutants
People like Spiderman and they dont know what the hell he is

If you dont get why mutants are retarded you are retarded

>this one super hero is ok
>this other one isnt, because of how he got his power

mutant hate/persecution is even MORE retarded now days, because racism/sexism/religious-ism are just about dead

no one fucking cares about other people, the only ones that do are idiots, or morons that watch news and let themselves believe they actually care

"institutional" racism is dead

>People like Spiderman
lol

But you're not being wiped out. Mutants can be born from non-mutants in any ethnic group and breed true with non-mutants. They're not really a different species yet, just some humans who randomly have powers.

It makes total sense.

Non muties are just normal guys with weapons or folks empowered by tech and science. If anything they are the EQUALIZERS, power given, power made.

Mutants are power BORN. They arent a freak accident here ore there,they arent mostly american, they're spawning cant be controlled or regulated.

They are living wmds randomly spawning across the world at the most unstable point in human life, WITH a semi unified culture.

The Avengers and the like are the only ammo they have to deal with the mutant issue.

Artificial gods to face the natural ones.

And it still isnt enough.

Mutants are always growing, an ever expanding population driven on by human demographics (which also means the places getting the most mutants are china and third world nations were they would be most of a threat)
How many western allied super scientists can you expect to make a break through a year? How many kids from Queens with spider bites?
To fight monsters you make monsters, but supply cant keep up with demand.

A private gang of alholics, perverts and geeks with personality disorders is all that stands between the human race and extinction.

Thats TERRIFYING.

Perlmutter pls

This post is five flavors of stupid

Good try, Charles, but your powers have no effect on my hollow mind.

>Personally I was DONE with this series after the second movie.

And yet, here you are, thirteen years later, bitching about it.

and?

Explicit power-level bullshit in the X-books were a mistake. At least when the upper-tier mutant abilities were vaguely defined and rare, they didn't validate the in-story prejudice - and doing other shit from time to time didn't hurt, either. All the power level shit has trickled down into the movies, and it only works against them.

I was reading some xmen comics, hadn't really gotten into them, and I came to the same conclusion.

If you were a normal person that had your house destroyed because of some crazy mutant you would want them detained. That's basically your life savings and your place of living destroyed, but hey it's alright because these mutants are teenagers having trouble fitting into their social life.

On the other hand if you were a mutant you would have no real reason to NOT want to take over the world and it's only sensible to side with your own race rather than another race that wants to destroy you. It would be easily in your power and clearly Xavier's idea of unity hasn't worked because the x-men comics have been going on since the 70s and no progress has been made.

Although I think the "anti-mutant" should really be an "anti-super power" group. After all there are more super villains/heroes than just mutants and they are equally destructive and uncontrollable. I mean why not restrain everyone, why only care about people that got their powers from mutations and ignore the technology/alien/magic powers?

Superheroes are like celebrities, you would be excited to see your favorite (or any) living close to you. You get to see many other celebrities like him/her, or even make friends with them (or even a hook up, you never know!)
Mutants on the other hand, could live next to you, and could probably read your mind, or explode the whole block, and that scares you. Granted, the superhero can do probably the same stuff, but the celebrity factor is important to how you perceive them.

How you separate from one to the other as a normal person living in the Marvel universe is key. You'd rather have famous but trashy neighbors than the shady but humble and honest muslim family.

>but you're not being wiped out
magneto stole nuclear missiles to use against humans, apocalypse created a virus to kill 99% of humans, those are just 2 off the top of my head about mutants trying to wipe out people

You could also live next door to a super hero. Likewise mutants are also celebrities. It's just that one writer decide to write one group of heroes as being favored with the public and another writer wants the public to think of them like a menace.

That's what is retarded about shared universe.

I think the last shot adressed this.

Magneto says if Chuck worries that they will come from him and Prof looks at him like hes retarded

>nigga we just killed god.

Have humans ever been a threat in these films?they are only dangerous when they weaponize mutant power for themselves.

See
Millions of teen nukes across the world is not the same as a bunch of american superclubs

>mutant hate/persecution is even MORE retarded now days, because racism/sexism/religious-ism are just about dead

Yeah no. I predict within a decade things are going to get very, very bad for Muslims, particularly within Europe.

>And yet, here you are, thirteen years later, bitching about it.

I didn't start this thread, dum dum. Somebody else brought up the issue and I decided to provide my thoughts on the matter.

just like how African American Neil Degrasse Tyson is a revered celebrity and *insert nigger hip-hop singer* scares white people?

Well there's a lot you can say about the difference between the place mutants and other heroes hold in society. One being the Avengers or Fantastic Four saving the world and X-Men more so cleaning up their own mutant mess. And that mutants are considered to be the next step in humanity eventually overcoming what came before. Whereas heroes are just people that got powers and it could have happened to any human.

But beyond that I think it speaks to some level of irrationality in prejudice in general. That straight sexual relationships have no natural biological preventative measure in spreading STD's but homosexual relationships get blamed for HIV/AIDS. Or that any impoverished community with poor educational opportunities is likely to be more crime heavy or have more people from those backgrounds in prison but Blacks and Latinos are scene as genetically predisposed to crime and violence.

There is a differnce between a select group of human powered by special needs that mostly fight threats and a massive demographic dispered across the world.

Iron Man isnt going to blow up his prom because he cant get a date

Mr Fantastic isnt raping your daughter at a frat party with mindwaves

The Wasp isnt reading the credit card data of everyone she walks past.

Superheroes are a profession
Mutants are a DEMOGRAPHIC.

Hell the whole point of the Xmen was as a propanda tool, to see muties as those cool and public white dudes punching monsters instead of the dangerous hormonal omnipresent and unknown wmds they are.

Thats even scarier.

Imagine every conflict in global history where one in a thousandt teenagers are living doomssay devices.

It only takes ONE alpha or omega to change the face of the world forever.

Musicians are harmless, they make songs sometimes with shitty lyrics.

Comparing that to someone with the power to level a city is a terrible analogy.

Maybe that mutant was the only one around. Maybe he could hear ayy lmaos radio signals and learn about them

>Why the mutant metahor is retarded the post

Yeah other heroes are basically Superheroes.

Muties are basically ethnic gang wars with the power to level nations

Espeicially when while most superheroes are superheroes, most Mutants are civilians.

People are generally ok with the military but not with one in a thousand teenagers having akas, warjets and nukes.

So if you are fine with a guy with laser beams and battle armor wondering around and trust him.

You are find with someone that can easily steal personal data running around.

But if they happen to have these powers from a mutation than it's an outrage. Fuck I bet most of the public doesn't even know where some of these heroes get their powers from so they couldn't even tell the mutants from the non mutants.

The basic logic the public has in regards to super heroes in every comic except x-men is that the only thing that can stop a bad guy with super powers is a good guy with super powers, so the super powers are celebrated.

However in the xmen universe they do not accept the presence of good heroes to counteract the villains, they want to get rid of powers entirly.

It's not that one idea is wrong or right it's that you can only fucking pick one. If X-men's universe was seperate from the other heroes it would be fine.

>My lord, your death is soon, I have prepapred your new body
>Yes, I already can earthbend, teleport,have super strength, invulnerbility and telepathy what new power shall this one add?

>He uh...sees random static in space.

>You're fired

There is a differnce between super heroes and a massive superpowered civilian population.

Its not just about power, its about context.

A hundred or so guys in new york that you would mostly know of and experience fighting crime for the edtablishment is different from the fact that your coworkers, friends, lovers,kids, and kids classmates could at any time have massive and threatening powers.

Its like saying that because we are okay with the military we should be okay if one in a thousand people wete randomly given military hardware without us knowing.

And thry regulalry use it in massive gang wars and attacks on people.

>Sup Forums doesn't understand the complexities of minorities and oppression
Shocker

They sure like they've got a better grasp on shit than you, baby.

>Bryan Singer doesn't understand the complexities of minorities and oppression

Fixed that for you.

Evolution is random. Some mutie he possessed just had that as a secondary mutation they never got to use before.

Manipulation of Technology right?

I bet it was something to do with when he first started out, got old amd needed to bodyswap with things that were basically solar powered technology.

He didn't look all that confused by the radio/television as an object.

Seeing as the dialogue at the end was directly lifted from X1, I didn't even realize the new context.

>Nigga we just killed god.

That's pretty funny.

What were all of his powers again

Both as a mutant and what he gained from others

so far if the mutants unite they could kill every human on earth within a couple of days probably if you look at some of the powers they gave.

The combined army's of humanity cant even stop magneto.

and the comic books always try to write humans as asholes, but somehow the mutants always turn out as the bigger dicks.

>coworkers, friends, lovers,kids, and kids classmates could at any time have massive and threatening powers.
Yeahh...completely different from all those random ass people who got into freak accidents and then suddenly had massive and threatening powers too, right?

You could also have scenarios where the power is ridiculous and comes unexpectedly. I recall one story where some kids power was everything around him dies and wolverine had to kill him because the kid had no life to live.

If someone has a mutant power similar to that of black bolt and it awakens during a speech or mid conversation they're leveling an entire block before they realize the power is tied to their voice.

Why is Bea Arthur such a bigot?

>but hey it's alright because these mutants are teenagers having trouble fitting into their social life.

It wouldn't be fair to ruin a mutant's whole life for a mere twenty minutes of eye laser rage.

FLATSCANS: THE THREAD