Tonight at 6:30 there's a new women in tech PSA- I mean new episode of the Powerpuff Girls

Tonight at 6:30 there's a new women in tech PSA- I mean new episode of the Powerpuff Girls

Viral Spiral
>The Powerpuff Girls must stop the Ameoba Boys from invading the Internet.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZN4XxbxjH2o
youtube.com/watch?v=2vfrTmcJL5s

Also Bubbles is into coding now apparently.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!fxBDTRLZ!UzHM1M6bDAzkQpa4q5iEEcGcLjNCRGm7p0T1iw_Zmnc
youtube.com/watch?v=VwjuudNgLAs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_inverse_square_root
youtube.com/watch?v=hkDD03yeLnU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

DESTROY THE INTERNET

The professor doesn't understand the internet?

why are people so obsessed with wanting women in tech?
is there really something desirable in wanting to be a code monkey?

what the fuck is the point the other girls?
Bubbles is not the angry one, the tough one, the smart one, the happy one, the cute one, the fucking list goes on.

>Bubbles typing without fingers

>That TTG/PPG crossover promo

Why is Bubbles the tech-savvy programmer and not Blossom?

isn't her unique power to understand any language?

>Part of The Promo shows Mojo's Brain

If that's what they were going for, I'll concede that it's kind of clever. Credit where credit is due.

>Bubbles is suddenly a computer wiz
>Amoeba Boys are competent
>Professor doesn't understand computers

The animation for the characters looks way better in TTG than The Powerpuff Girls. Why don't they have that crew do the animation? They do a way better job. Heck, they look just like their OG counterparts with that animation.

This episode wasn't actually too bad, the only thing I kinda cringed at were the internet trolls coming from the comments.
I found that weird too.

And the new villain reminded me of MS Paint.

Literally the only reason is because "MUH MALE DOMINATED WERK FORCE! YOU CAN'T HAVE A BOYS ONLY CLUB THAT IS PHYSICALLY LIGHT LABOR INTESNIVE."

Literally everyone tells them "This isn't a boys only club, you bitches wanted nothing to do with this and thought it was for pathetic nerds whom you looked down upon for years. But now that nerdism is trendy and coding and becoming a programmer is now a high figure earning job, you somehow want to be a part of it but blame everything else but yourself for not choosing to be a programmer with your life."

And it goes in one ear and out the other and then all you hear is outcries of "THIS WASN'T AVAILABLE OR SEEMED TO FUN TO ME AS A KID NOW I WANT KIDS TO HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY THAT I DIDN'T GET >:( MY WOMENS STUDIES MAJOR IS IMPORTANT TO SOCIETY HILLARY 2016."

But you know you don't hear the SJWs crying about how women are virtually non-exsistent on work sites or any other physical intensive work unless they are doing paper work or holding a sign that says "slow".

It's just awful. I hate all of this.

dear bubbles

how can you type without fingers

crapfully yours
Don T. Understand

What if he's actually Slade? Sounds similar to me.

Programming language isn't even really a language. It's highly different from just speaking English to spanish or even squirrel. There is advanced shit that goes into these things that goes beyond knowing a different phrase from "water".

Her power I'm pretty sure doesn't give her an all encompassing understanding of advanced computer theory and all that other bullshit. And if it does, she has to be literally smarter than blossom.

PPG VS Slade sounds like a promo Old Cartoon network would make.

in old PPG this would have been the joke instead of MEMES. There would have been a big single nub sized button or she would have had trouble typing.

It works for Cipher I dont see how basic superpower comic book bushit is suddenly shocking because it pisses off Sup Forums

Gamer Gator when????? Fuuuuuuuuck!

That's gonna be a special kind of shitstorm that I don't want to miss out!

I still think that is bullshit, that isn't a language. Programming "language" is a loose term used based on different syntaxes of keywords.

Trying to lump it into speaking languages is stupid. Just because some comic book hero that I don't give a shit about did it first doesn't mean it still isn't bullshit.

MEGA where?

Download LInk Here

mega.nz/#!fxBDTRLZ!UzHM1M6bDAzkQpa4q5iEEcGcLjNCRGm7p0T1iw_Zmnc

Rumor is end of July for Comic Con

Gator when

it's a cartoon LOL
this show has plenty of flaws to get buttmad over and you chose this one?

Watching it now. Expected the worst, I suppose, but it's starting out alright.

He said he didn't understand COMPUTERS. Which is just insulting.

How? Being good at one field doesn't guarantee being good in another one.

Because he builds computers?? He IS good in multiple fields.

>Also Bubbles is into coding now apparently.

I watched an episode of this. It was okay. It betrays some of the spirit of the PPG, but retains much of its style of humor and crams it into the modern 11-minute, comfy-style story.

But it still applies. It isn't so unreasonable that he couldn't fix their issue with the computer just because he can do a whole bunch of other stuff, because that's exactly how it is for tons of people.
At the very least, it's hardly "insulting".

So he can BUILD a giant robot and a power suit, but can't do a basic desktop? If we're excluding the original, he still created a much more sophisticated machine in Bubble's cast.
Yes, it IS insulting to ignore his demonstrated skills for an unfunny dad when he was a stereotype-breaker in his conception. Do you, for some reason, believe the desktop is a different technology that he isn't familiar with? Because even they were different (and they're not), he'd certainly have worked on a PC while learning that type of machinery. He isn't doing "a bunch of other stuff", this is EXACTLY what he always does. Of course there's stuff he can't do; but this is something he demonstrably can.
It insults the character and the viewers.

The preview alone makes me want to kill myself.

Yeah but he's built giant robots and nanomachines.

Him not understanding a computer is just nonsensical and not even in the mildly amusing way.

I'm not too familiar with coding. Is the problem with the right that it takes up more space than the left one? Do they even do the same thing?

The one on the right not only takes up more space, it also has less functions and purposely includes broken functions just because.

Do we even know that it's real?

And I'm saying real proof, not that "#TheAlligatorIsNotToBeTrusted" shit.

Why are they trying to make Rapping PPGs a thing?

>Amoeba boys
wew

I just saw their first appearance in classic PPG

That opening never fails to depress me every time I see it. The song is shit but the animation is just dripping with style and detail. Those first 23 seconds are better than every fucking hour of this show.

Aside from the obvious mistakes, the girl code is unequivocally better to be honest. I started a coding job this summer and I now understand why my professor took off points for not commenting. Working with uncommented code is such a goddamn hassle and a half.

>taking up more space
>a bad thing

>a bad thing
It is when that space is extraneous.

>Aside from the obvious mistakes, the girl code is unequivocally better to be honest.
>She's a better coder because she makes it easy for others to fix what she messed up

>She's a better coder because she makes it easy for others to fix what she messed up
Correct

Not really. Especially if it makes the code easier to understand. You could put some of your code on a single line in C++ if you want to save space but no one does that.

I'd rather work with someone who doesn't make mistakes. If they're decent at doding, it's easy to figure out what's going on even without annotation.

If they didn't make mistakes you wouldn't have a job. No one is infallible so I'd rather fix the code of the person who made it easiest to understand.

Personally, I'm just really glad they brought back my favorite villains from the original show, The Amoeba Boys.

No, THEY wouldn't have a job. As an EMPLOYER, I'd rather not hire four people to do the job of two because the first guys kept making mistakes, no matter how easy it was to fix.
As a PROGRAMMER, how does them not making mistakes lose me work? I'D be chosen over THEM.

I don't find the one on the right easier to understand, though, just less functional.

Okay misunderstanding here. I'm not a software dev. I was contracted to fix this company's shitty internal website. So what I do all day is try and demystify the last guy who worked here's code and make it better. Speaking from that position, I fucking hate the fact that nothing he's done is commented because it makes it that much more a hassle to figure out what goes where. That's what I meant when I said the girl's code was better.

But your logic is kind of fucked regardless. As an employer you wouldn't know who makes more mistakes and no matter who you picked, mistakes are bound to be made. With that in mind I would still rather have someone who follows good coding practice. Because chances are if they have that, they'll be a better programmer.

You do know that it doesn't matter how good a code is, they all become date dated and needs constant patching. You want someone who makes their code readable for other programmers so they can updated quickly rather then spend hours figuring what you were trying to do.

I wouldn't accept the premise that this is "guy code vs girl code." Turning a programming example you probably made up into a gender issue is moronic. The girl code is unequivocally better because it was designed to make that point.

Also, taking up more space is bad when it's
>else if(a > b && b < a)
which is pointlessly redundant, and
>* an int is a number without a decimal!
which should be rudimentary for anyone with their fingers in code.

I won't get into the aggravating comments, because honestly many people leave unprofessional comments.

>Do they even do the same thing?
They do not. The left is deliberately obtuse.

No one is perfect, you're right, but I've never made mistakes to any significant degree that needed to be "fixed".
And again, that's fine for you, but I find the more succinct code much easier to see what's happening. Looking and seeing it takes much less time than reading explanations.
Yes, and it's easier to understand when things are tight and easy to read.

Oh come the fuck on. I wasn't turning this into a gender issue. I called the girl code "the girl code" because it's what it's labeled as on the image we've been talking about.

I didn't mean to imply you were, but it was pretty clear from the start that's what the twitter girl's goal was. Of course the code on the right will be the more readable code, otherwise she wouldn't have posted it.

Fair enough. I'll agree the code itself is shit.

Deleted scene from Viral Spiral:

youtube.com/watch?v=VwjuudNgLAs

Holy shit two people ending an argument on Sup Forums on a good note. Am I dead? Is this hell?

I think you may need to calm down a bit.

Yep, you died in a stampede. Gimme your shit and I'll let you go to heaven.

The right is blatantly garbage because that level of documentation is unnecessary and the code itself is terrible. for reference, the following line does the same thing and any programmer should instantly understand it:

int max(int a, int b){return a>b ? a : b;}

I would suggest reading the kernel coding style guide, but it's fairly obvious the original image was posted by a sock puppet account as a joke for programmers.

Oh boy!
I can't wait to not watch this terrible show and then talk about it!

I was honestly expecting this to be like Tron, where all three went into the computer to fight them.

If you're going to have lazy 90's metaphors. Just go all-out. That was the best part of lazy 90's metaphors about computers and the internet.

Oh, I see now that's what happened. For a tiny sliver of the episode.

And they didn't really fight in tron-style as much as they did appear in a bunch of internet memes.

i can smell your wet ham looking dick through my screen will you please calm down

>Do they even do the same thing?

no. The left is a software function that calculates the inverse square root via approximation and the left is a "Hello world!" Program you learn in Programming 1.

The left is commercial code used in graphically intensive video games and the right is what you would expect from a first-year CS student.

The left is considered a masterstroke of CS programming. One of the keystone examples of elegant code
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_inverse_square_root

It's why you see this screencap so often. She's comparing one of the marvels of modern coding shit compared to this little buggy function she made out of popsicle sticks and toilet paper. Pretty popsicle sticks and toilet paper, but little else than that.

>all this praising and one siding of the female gender
it hurts

>is there anything you cant do?

>the girl code is unequivocally better to be honest
The two pictures aren't doing any code that is remotely similar. And comments aren't actual programming.

you have to remember that was on twitter: Anyone who pointed out how rightfully stupid she was is probably blocked now and their comments deleted.

Whats the code to make this bitch post something smart.

It's always up up down down left right left right b a start

It wouldn't be a nuuPPG thread without posting new mistakes.

Fucking this.

>summerfag detected

>>how guys code
bull shit I code like the way on the right

and so does Yandere dev

fuckin sexist

I was really hoping that it would use their Z weapons.

Is anyone else getting the feeling that they're trying to push an arc with that Silico guy?

Like, what, are they gonna reveal him to be Punished Teenage Dexter or some shit?

Why does the view count of this video have decimals?

>suscribe

THEY KEEP MISPELLING SHIT

Maybe it's really 370,370.

>Hack us into the internet
At least the badness of this episode was laughable

But in all seriousness, I'm intrigued by this new villain guy. Part of me wants to hope it's this guy, but another part of me doesn't want him to be ruined too

I just want to add, the right example isn't very good. Too many comments can actually have an opposite effect, making your program harder to understand.

I took the pic and I missed that. Thanks for finding that.

welcome to 2016 - enjoy your stay

I want to punch his stupid face.

Not because of any political reason or opinions it just looks really tempting to punch. He looks like a Dilbert character come to life.

I don't understand why they'd have these kinds of mistakes at all. Why are they using a mask on the girls, instead of putting cropping elements on different layers?

It's not good because it could have been written with a single short line of code.

Is she at least stopping crime with it?

youtube.com/watch?v=hkDD03yeLnU

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! FUCK

Very progressive of them to get the kid's dick in there pressing the button. Trailblazers, this crew.

That mis-ordering on Buttercup's legs is pretty heinous. Baffling how no-one caught that.

And these comments detract from his statement how?