Just watched this and I liked it a lot. How did you like it? Though I guess most of you haven't seen it

Just watched this and I liked it a lot. How did you like it? Though I guess most of you haven't seen it.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wildwood_(novel)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The story wraps up in kind of a sloppy way, but I applaud any modern kid's movie that has the balls to kill off main characters and keep them that way.

Gay ass name.

The animation was pretty cool, but they threw in too many hints concerning monkey and beetle samurai's relationship early on.

Moon sisters were hot.

Plot was shit, Matt and Charlize gave no effort to their roles, amazing visual and practical effects.

>big explosion
>kid teleported away and now the monkey is real and talks

Man fuck you.

Best technical movie they've ever done. I was most impressed with visuals in this movie over the others.
The story was ok. Very straightforward hero on a quest type. Nothing super unique, but the characters were well done.
Coraline is still the best, but Kubo is tied with Paranorman for the 2nd

nailed it.

it was alright

coraline was much better tho

I loved the morally gray ending. He didn't kill the villain. He defeated the villain not by killing him but by erasing his identity, his character, everything that made him... him. Is that more merciful or cruel? They turned him into a blank and then pretty much programmed him the way they wanted him to be. Morally very interesting in a questionable way and probably too complex for children. But I liked the film, the visuals were wonderful and the storytelling was, while not great, good enough that it didn't hinder my enjoyment.

Grow up faggot

I really hated it: all the dialogue felt incredibly forced, they chose to not show characters bonding and instead gave characters passing comments that implied that they bonded, they made sure to make any point across twice, whatever the point at the moment was.

Kubo himself had barely any impact on the story, the story itself ended up being retarded considering that he didn't need the artifacts and he also put the whole thing in motion for no reason.

Action set pieces felt really weak, especially the last battle, and monkey-samurai flirting was creepy, even if it was a set up for the reveal.

Grow up like you and use homophobic slurs? Yeah, real grown up, hypocrite.

Dad invited me to see John Wick 2 and here he didn't even have it, so mom suggested Kubo.
Too bad I had already read the plot and spoilers, so I didn't care for it.

There was nothing all that gray about it: he gave his grandpa the gift of humanity. After his mortal body will die he will most likely return to the godhood but now expanded with new experiences.

Experiences he can't experience as his usual self.

Probably the weakest Laika movie in terms of plot, characters, etc. but their best one visually.

Heres how I rank them:
Coraline > Boxtrolls > Kubo > Paranorman

>Laika has an untitled fifth film that is currently slated for a May 18, 2018 release.

What would you like to see lads?

They have en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wildwood_(novel) optioned for adaptation so its probably this.

Arthurian Fantasy with knights and wizards and dragons.

The pacing was fucked.

Too short and couldn't decide if it wanted to embrace Japanese culture or not

>Though I guess most of you haven't seen it.
are you ASSUMING my taste in film?!
I saw this on a plane and loved it though the ending was quite abrupt

This is the only good movie, everything else is garbage.

I enjoyed it but mostly just for the visuals. Really creative stuff they did with the animation and the characters. Been a while since I saw it but I can't remember the story being anything that special. Especially the ending felt quite rushed. Overall good movie though.