On a scale from 1 to 10, how much was he in the wrong?

On a scale from 1 to 10, how much was he in the wrong?

about 8, he was wrong most of the time

autistic betas sympathize with him not because he's a dutiful and hard man, but because he's not a likeable leader and it fills their fantasies of ruling even though they're a bunch of disgusting, worthless neets

he was good up until he burned his kid alive.

no mercy, fuck him/10

Hey, I may be autistic, but I'm not a beta. Stannis The Mannis is the patrician's choice for the one true king of Westeros.

the showrunners (and GRRM, if applicable) pretty much assassinated his character right there. Especially on TV, there's no coming back from that

0. Fuck D&D. And kys for reminding me ;_;

>10 on Sup Forums
>0 on /lit/

The most boring character in the show. Would have forgotten about him already if it wasnt for this board. He is such a pale shadow of a man

>The fucking rightfull king
>Wrong

Fuck you pleb.

>hey even though he would never do anything like that in the books lets just make him do a complete 180 and turn evil as fuck
TV show really fucked up on that, pretty clear they planned to kill him off because they couldn't figure out what to do with him.

10/10
the most retarded character, and the most retarded fans

>the heir of a dynasty of ursurpers

3/10. I would have fight him for the Boltons, but he was in the right against the Wildlings

typical stannis fag arguments. you are done, he is dead, killed by a woman after he let another woman lead him to ruin.

Aegon won his crown the same way Robert did.

I would let her ruin me i if i could preg her with a shadow shit.

Yes, but he created the post

The Baratheons were rebels against the order. Lyanna joined Rhaegar by her own will. She couldn't be forced to nothing

The correct answer.

Robert won the crown by conquest and through a shallow bloodline link to the Targs, just to appease the maesters. Stannis had the right to the throne being the eldest true born Baratheon. He was right, but he wasn't smart. He should have surrendered to Renly and made his family comfortable in the stormlands after they sacked the red keep together. 4/10

I miss him. He was the last true grey character left. Last season they just wanted to portray him as evil and after that all characters are either good or bad. Sucks ball.

Stannis was to much butthurt with Robert and Renly to do this. Can't blame him for that

Probably about an 8 or a 9. His autistic screeching lacked internal validity. At least all the other claimants acknowledge the real reasons for their actions.

He supported Robert's claim. If Robert was the rightful king, it was because he won by force and might makes right. Therefore, whoever holds the throne is the rightful king. That would mean he was in the wrong for rebelling against the Lannisters, and even wrong to not support his more powerful brother. Once he lost, he lost, and therefore doesn't deserve to be king.

If being king is about lineage, he was wrong to support Robert and wrong not to support a Targaryen return to power once he learned that they weren't wiped out.

You can't pick and choose the pieces from each scenario which benefit you the most. No matter how you look at it, he was rationalizing a war which was tearing the realm apart for his own personal gain, and he didn't even have the balls to admit he just wanted the power for himself.

The only good thing he did was remember his duty to the realm and save the wall, even if it was on someone else's urging and only so he could reinforce his own delusion that he was the rightful leader.

He would have been terrible as a ruler and everyone knew it.

Cool sword though, and good on him for falling for his own memes and literally lighting his legacy on fire.

The only thing he did in the wrong was that he was too inflexible at times. That and he was just unlike by the show runners and hated by normals as well.

He should just bend the knee to Renly, and after they unite the relm and end the war, killed him and Selyse with the shadow thing, marry Margaery Tyrell >>>> Profit.

I have a better question for you?
Why the fuck are you wandering around outside of your containment zones?
>show runs for 2 months a year
>12 (months) - 2 (single season) = 10 months
>10 months every year of fanboy wankery in a cancerous general

You pathetic redditors pissed & moaned for a never-ending, 24/7/365 circlejerk general to share your Bran pedolust photos and the mods placated you. The least you faggots could do is remain there. K thnx

Lemme tell you this is the best anti Stannis post I've read. And I'm pro Stannis. However he does support Robert but not because he thought might makes right. He supported Robert because his duty to his blood goes deeper than his duty to a king at least in his eyes. And Robert rebelled he got sick and tired of those Targaryen shits shitting the bed.

The Rebllion was a Stark war, Eddard should have sitted the Iron throne, but he was coward, and failed to the realm, putting that drunk, fatassed whoremonger on the throne.

>He would have been terrible as a ruler and everyone knew it.

This is true but I think people really like to deny it. Even his relationship with Davos, suppsed to be his most humanising moment reflects terribly on him. He mutilates a man's hand after he saves his life. Yeah, he gives him a knighthood, but it still paints him as almost autistic, unflinching in his black and white view of morality. And this is before he hooks up with Mel and beomes a full on religous zealot who burns people alive.

Good post, but:

>That would mean he was in the wrong for rebelling against the Lannisters

The Lannisters did not take power through might, they did so through deceit. Stannis would have supported Joffrey if he had never discovered the truth of his parentage. There is a difference between respecting the defeat of the Taergaryans on the field of battle and respecting his brother's wife cheating on him with her own brother to create an incestuous line (which all the realm agrees is a crime against the Gods btw).

>and even wrong to not support his more powerful brother.

Renly wasn't more powerful, and he made his claim after Stannis did.

>If being king is about lineage, he was wrong to support Robert and wrong not to support a Targaryen return to power once he learned that they weren't wiped out.

Stannis had little to no knowledge of Daenarys. By the time she takes her first Slaver's City, Astapor, Stannis has already lost the battle for King's Landing.

>and good on him for falling for his own memes and literally lighting his legacy on fire.

Those are show memes, e.g. non-canon retarded GET MUH CRAYONS tier shit.

So you think him imprisoning his bro, who fought for him and watched his son die for him, was totally cool, because some zealous witch promised him power in exchange for killing teenagers?

You better bend the fucking knee to your rightfull king.

>duty to blood goes deeper than duty to a king
>kills his brother for the crown

Are they getting in the way of your forced memes, retard

>The Lannisters, who fielded the largest army in the realm and sacked King's Landing in order to make a marriage alliance with the newly crowned king before killing him and taking his place, did not take power by might
>Renly, who forged an alliance between the majority of the stormlords and the entirety of the Reach, was not more powerful than Stannis's meager leftovers
>Stannis, a member of the small council while they learned about Daenarys marrying Khal Drogo, had no knowledge of Daenarys
>Stannis (a man known for burning his enemies and his allies alike for their beliefs, their actions, or to change the fucking weather) burning people alive is a show meme

Dude...

She burned because of your hubris, Stannis
Actually, they all did

stannis only burned people that were to be executed.

Put that faggot to the torch.

>watches this tripe
>calls others retarded

>Its ok, we were gonna execute those cannibals anyway
>Its ok, we were gonna execute those deserters anyway
>Its ok, we were going to execute that wildling leader anyway
>Its ok, we were gonna execute those lords who steadfastly supported my claim despite being severely outnumbered but refused to give up their religion for mine anyway

At some point, you start to wonder why so many people were slated for execution. None of which are your enemies

Show fucked up Stannis as well as Blackfish pretty hard

>Offers gifts and sacrifice to a god pretty much proved to be real
>Sacrifices royal blood for a just cause to said deity
>Gets annihilated as thanks
>God doesn't even warn Stannis that he's outnumbered

Storywise he should still be kickin' and be rewarded the Dreadfort as thanks for the help. Final fight against Ramsay Bolton would've been 10x times better after a hard defeat
Such a missed opportunity for what could've been an amazing redemption arc

As for Blackfish
>Have amazingly interesting character outperform a more central character
>Skip a bunch of content regarding said character
>Kill off screen because "muh heroic death for characters everyone obviously likes better"

CUZ DABID KEK