No one likes drawing. Everyone likes having drawn

No one likes drawing. Everyone likes having drawn.

Other urls found in this thread:

puu
m.youtube.com/watch?v=DvJKb9HoSgw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just like the author of Homestuck said.

Bumping with today's progress

Fuck you writing is fucking hard too.

WIP. Trying out Clip Studio's new animation update. Tried to do this several times before I got something passable. Tried putting in arcs, which I think made some difference. Aside from roughing the arms in, adding linework and coloring it, is there anything that needs fixing at this early stage?

topfuckingkek

Yo screw you it's quicker to convince me to draw than to write, but that's because I'm stuck in a safe zone of drawing animals all the time. Also, I've never requested any art because it drives me to work harder.

I'm better at people than I was before but it still makes me mad whenever I try.

this sure bit him in the ass

Writing is way easier than drawing.

I like drawing way more than looking at my work, though.

Writing requires less technique to be functional, but that also means it's much harder to get truly great at it because practice isn't enough.

bump?

nice forest trees, girls pose is really weird for someone running

dont forget breasts have weight, thered be sharper shift in the arc when its shifting to being pulled up

Bump! One panel down, three to go.

Keep breathing.

One more to be safe.

>my Wacom (six years old Bamboo) pen nib was too worn out
>tried to remove it using a nail clipper, which was the nearest tool I had
>pressed a bit too hard, accidentally cut the nib
>now I can't remove the rest of the nib, it's too short to be able to pick it up with regular plier, and I don't think I can disassemble the pen either
>"replacement" pens are too expensive, might as well buy a new one

FUck my life. When I finally get a job, I'm gonna buy a fucking medium-sized Intuos Pro.

Working on a sort of riff on the sonic the Hedgehog title screen.

man, thats hard to hear

i've been getting back into drawing recently, been practicing backgrounds which is something i never really worked on in the past

randomly decided to start drawing some pages for a comic idea I had about reinventing the afterlife mythology to take place on the moons of Pluto

Last update for the night on my end.

This looks great

Ahhhh, man, I wish your panels were closer together. Your gutters are huge and it doesn't look like a deliberate choice, either.

>usually love drawing and draw a lot
>every night I come home to late and too tired to draw

Just got a job too

I was browsing a Hawkman thread yesterday when I remembered that Hawkman exists and I hate his costume.
So I started a redesign of him that plays up the Egyptian motifs...I spent way too long on this.

noted, i'll minimize the gutters on the next page

Thank you. I think I'm basically done with the frame and scroll. Not really happy with the text yet, but I'm going to come back to it.

And here it is with a basic BG. Not sure how detailed I want to go with the BG, really.

I like it.

Newest character for a 2-D puppet show I've been working on

More puppets
The story is about a Medicare fine dining restaurant and the dysfunctional weirdos that run it

what job do you work?

Still trying to get panel bordering down, shading too. I think i'm getting better

great style
i really like the look of the guy on the left

I may be late, and this may be bad feedback depending on what you're trying to accomplish here, but she has a shortstack body

I'm digging what you're going for, eager to see what your finished project will look like

Thank you, seeing as how thats my main character it really means a lot!

>can draw a bit
>not creative enough for a good story

start reading books more, think of your favorite stories. what do you like about them? creativity can be cultivated, and you're already creative while drawing.

start small. think of a character, who they are, why they look the way they do. will you make a friend for them, perhaps? maybe they have a pet. you can expand from that, where do they live? what are their interests?

ayyy lmao

What works with me is sleep deprivation. I stay up so fucking late that I almost can't stay awake anymore and then the ideas start coming in. I got over 20 story ideas in one night by using this method.

I draw humans all the time but gotta say I find it much more enjoyable to draw animals and nature

Even within humans I enjoy drawing mutated monstrous stuff like Symbiotes. Regular humans are boring

same. Getting lost in the lines and the curves and the details is relaxing. It's the outcome that's not fun.

These look good, friendo. I'm digging that guy on the top left

THANKS!

made some concept sketches for the next chapter o my webcomic a few minutes ago

all the vampires faces change to a more demonic face before they drink the blood of thier victims, think buffy or angel but on a whole, 'nother, level! lol

old page from chapter 2 for example...

I have the same problem, but I can only draw the fucking ninja turtles

I am genuinely interested in what you are making.

I don't know how to put it politely...

you have not consumed enough vampire fiction to be writing about vampires and your dialogue is sonichu tier

Bump.

Help Batman, I lost my ambition again (which I had back 4 months ago)

You should probably drop coloring your comics. Your black and whites/monochromes/linearts look about, 1000x better than your final colored pages.

Suggestions?

>she has a shortstack body
Not sure what you mean.

You should take a black marker to the edges of the paper so you don't see the white outlines.

Looks good. All it needs is some shading.

Any tutorial recommendations? Years of practice have yielded nothing, I'm horrible at it.

None in particular, but if you show me an example of yours and where you think you need help, I could try to give a few pointers.

The latest drawing I made that actually uses shading is this one.

You're going to make something awesome, show us one day

workin on this sketch...
comments/crits welcome

Was trying to get some drawing in today.

puu sh/po7ij/f36474e6f4.mp4

been working on a short animation just to learn, hopefully someone can tell me what stinks so I can fix it

Here's the little proof-of-concept we filmed a few months ago. Still working on the first episode

m.youtube.com/watch?v=DvJKb9HoSgw

Good call, especially for the backgrounds

I understand the monster proportions, but being a mostly human shaped monster, I feel like his arms and legs should be proportionate to each other as a humans would. If that makes any sense.
His legs seem awfully stubby

I hate drawing but want to have drawn.
I have absolutely no willpower.

Will Adderall give me the focus and dedication I need, or does the damage it does to creativity balance things out so that I'll always be fucked?

Bumping with a wip of a friend's OC of sorts.

its fine so far. take everything to the quality of the last part of the animation then check back

Just a dumb OC doodle while I procrastinate. Might give him a small rogues gallery for kicks later.

Feck.

You're going to fap like crazy after you clean up and get everything "perfect"so you can finally start drawing

>looked at Endtown thread
>Which character would you paw off to

Yeaaaaah, they can fuck off. Endtown threads were a mistake.

It was supposed to be a coloured sketch, but it became bigger and pinker.

Looks fine to me, you just need to take it a little further and not do it only on certain areas.

Draw something brutal.

I see good potential.

Alright, so animation is not my strong suit. What is something that I need to work on?I'm not sure that I exaggerated the squash and stretch enough, but is there anything that I should be focused on?

Whoa that webm is stuttering, here's the .gif version.

I can vouch for this. I'll stay awake until I actively have to fight the urge to lay down and pass out and suddenly my brain starts making all these weird and novel connections between ideas I've been working on. I rush to sketch them out and include enough notes to know what the hell I was aiming for when I'm well rested -- end up with a lot of good material for further refinement. I think a lot of it is just losing the need for protecting my fragile ego with self-censorship.

I wish I still had the drive to draw. I've always wanted to share this.

Looks good mate, keep drawing.

I think the best way to get drawing is to identify what stops you from drawing (specifically things within your control). For me it's vidya and youtube, when you know what causes you to get distracted you can form ways to overcoming it. Either by scheduling your hours, or by simply saying 'no' to yourself before you embark in a session of purging filthy xenos. I always find that the hardest part is starting, but when you do get that start you just fall into drawing, and even if it gets frustrating you can still learn from it and you feel like you've been productive.

workin on uniform for police force in fantasy city

you can prob guess my favorite book series

Some designs I'm working on for a webcomic I want to do.
That's some pretty good advice.

Making different kinda fantasy characters for one of the ten billion projects I have going. But practice is practice.

Nice!

>writing is easy
When you're making garbage like Homestuck I'm sure it is.
So he gets his feelings hurt most people hate Flash for animating and decides to make blank statements in his ire.
He's a tool and anyone who says writing is easy should put their pencils and other art utensils down because they're disrespecting their own. Writing is an art form just like drawing. It's a slap in the face when you have put hours of work and years of honing a craft and have someone brush it off as "easy".
Every professional artist has a story where a client or someone they're working under devalues their ability. They want work for free, they want you to do a piece over again not thinking of the time and resources needed to do it, they refuse to pay, refuse to give you credit because in their minds drawing is "easy". Your effort and time isn't worth their money or their respect. And the same thing happens to writers. This asshole has no idea what collaboration is. Which is why he's struggle to put out a shitty web series, and had to abandon it multiple times.
He's the type of shit head the art and creative community does not need in it's ranks.
Fuck him.

Thanks user, really appreciate it!

Not a fan of the crossed eyes.

oh, so like a dwarf then?(different user)

Working on the second page of my fancomic after redrawing the first one from scratch. I'm going to redo the window frame in which this picture goes because I like this face, worked hard on it, and like hell I'm going to redraw him with a suitable angle of perspective.

looks like you're in need of a bump

Tried mimicking Kenron's style.
Thought it turned out really well but I don't want to take much credit for it since I just tried to draw in his style.

>that image

>I should get a cut for advertising

Im fucking laughing like a mother fucker

did some traditional sketches just a few minutes ago

top left bianca bayou, top right demon juice, two characters from my webcomic

bottom two are just random sketches of nobody

3 quarter view, front view, and side view, gotta stay practiced yall, never let your selfs get rusty anons!

drawn on notebook paper, it was dark in my room when i took the picture(need a new lightbulb in my room, current one is dim as fuck) so i had to mess with the brightness and contrast in paint.net which is why it has a weird fuzzy blur to it

triggered

>Writing is easy
Yeah I've seen how you ended your comic, that shit's clearly not as easy as you thought it was.

>Just like the author of Homestuck said.
I don't even have to enlarge the image to know it's a bunch of nonsense.

bats i need help i want to draw an old broken plane plane

i can construct most of it using 2 point perspective using cubes

but have problems deciding on how im supposed to draw the propeller so it looks ok in perpective and also what details i shouls add to make it look like a machine

right now i only have a structure made out of cubes

Friendly reminder: Theres a skype group for this thread too, just add adogsmoothie or roostergold and they'll add ya!

Anyone can join regardless of skill level, just don't be a dick!

I am incapable of not being a dick
And I don't see the point in skype, kek, snapchat, etc unless you trying to get your kink on.
Which is why I don't use any of those.