Why is your LCS the best?

Why is your LCS the best?
Mine has 20% off cover price of all new books, all variants cost cover price, and free bags and boards.
Beat that
Protip: you cant

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x80c2879d6e9432bd:0xe26d949ce671454a!2m5!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i100!3m1!7e115!4s/maps/place/paper+heroes+comics/@34.4331657,-118.5321999,3a,75y,324.51h,90t/data=*213m4*211e1*213m2*211sNgb1IITbfmYAAAQJOPePPA*212e0*214m2*213m1*211s0x0:0xe26d949ce671454a!5spaper heroes comics - Google Search&imagekey=!1e2!2sNgb1IITbfmYAAAQJOPePPA&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjHx7Cqv5zNAhUL82MKHa-6BMAQoB8IdDAK
midtowncomics.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

My LCS is the best because it's the only place in the surroundings four counties where I can actually buy physical comics without having to take a three to four hour drive to get them. Aside from flea markets and yard sales that usually have nothing but random left overs from the 90s and occasionally 80s.

shit m8 that sucks, I actually have 3 comic shops in my town

Pic related? That actually looks very nice. All of my lcs are run by old fat guys and are very junky and dirty. I honestly don't know how they stay in business in this digital age

The Owner of mine once killed a guy in the backroom and got away with it.

Like, he straight up choked the fucker to death. Last thing he saw was probably all those Figma figures the owner keeps back there..

I wish my LCS looked that nice. Mine's just a rack of comics and a wall of Funko Pops with some dirty carpet.

Mine is just the side room of a record store but they sell the kind of comics I like.

Yeah it is, they have a lot on the other 2 walls also. the other nearby lcs are also very nice, one of them won best comic shop at sdcc one year or some shit
thats kind of strange

heres one of the others in my town

Couldnt find a good pic of the other one so heres this
google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x80c2879d6e9432bd:0xe26d949ce671454a!2m5!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i100!3m1!7e115!4s/maps/place/paper+heroes+comics/@34.4331657,-118.5321999,3a,75y,324.51h,90t/data=*213m4*211e1*213m2*211sNgb1IITbfmYAAAQJOPePPA*212e0*214m2*213m1*211s0x0:0xe26d949ce671454a!5spaper heroes comics - Google Search&imagekey=!1e2!2sNgb1IITbfmYAAAQJOPePPA&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjHx7Cqv5zNAhUL82MKHa-6BMAQoB8IdDAK

I was forced to suck off a 18inch shemale in front of the counter.

got a discount on my comics, and she tasted pretty good with what little bit I could swallow.

That's kind of strange

The ones close to me are not that good.

So whenever I can I go to the actual best one to get my books.

mine isnt
they moved out of the cool dank basement vibe onto the upper street and then moved to another town about 45 mins away.

now my closest shop is about 1 hour from where i live. fucking digital comics man, great shit...

That looks really interesting
I'm sorry

The back issue bins are $1 and on special days, like free Comic Book day, it's buy 5 get 5 free.

A floor of all the small press you can imagine and a floor of mainstream comics of all kinds from all over the world.

It is really the best, overflowing with comics everywhere.

Alright guys, what's the ratio of comics to manga?

0 manga

That sounds like a pretty bad shop then.

any customer gets 20% off all comics and 30% tpb and hc. if you have a pull list you get a additional 5% off and a free monthly preview book. also free bag and boards already with every comic. all non key back issues are buy one get one free.

nope

Very little manga, it's mixed in with the comics alphabetically. As far as I can tell no shonen stuff except the huge collections of Attack on Titan. Really no series that goes on long enough to be a problem with shelf space.

The nearest LCS is a 45 min drive away, it's pretty quiet and the latest stuff it has so far is Darth Vader #17, Uncanny X-men #3, Spidey #3 etc.
It doesn't even have Rebirth yet, but I still make an effort to try and buy something when I visit.

still sounds like a bad idea

My local comic shop owner stripped down all my clothes forced me to wear a women's bathing suit for the next three months. I would cry and question my manhood every night, but at the end of the quarter, I got a 75% discount

about 50/50

well the store is called "Comics and Manga"

>I got a 75% discount

I'd probably do it

Alex Maycomp keeps sending in his shit comics, even though the owner has repeatedly asked him to stop

I know right, didn't know I was getting a discount.

mine keeps "adding things i ask them to add to my pulls" and doesn't actually put them on my pulls, so thats fun

Idk one of the other shops has a lot and nobody ever seems to buy it
worth
What?

this is where I get my comics, the hulk statue is in a different place now tho

I live in Canada and if you have a pull list set up you get a discount on the US cover price. With the way the Canadian dollar has been so shit the discount varies lately, but I've never paid more than at least 10 cents under the US price. There's a reason they're the best in the city.

Every where else in my city marks shit up by at least 25% the US cover price.

well uh um. Shit you're right it sucks to live in SEA, nearest LCS is a fucking an hour of commute away

o fuk thats huge whats it called?

oh but they do come with free bags and boards so that's something

In terms of sheer stock it's pretty convenient.

midtowncomics.com/

Austin Books and Comics

It has online form for submitting a pull list every week, and free bags and boards. 20% off trades too.

that looks like a place you would get killed in

>Mine has 20% off cover price of all new books

Typically they pay about 50%-75% of cover price depending on how many copies they order (it probably works out as an odd percentage per book for very large orders) so to be taking so little markup for themselves on new titles - and not charging extra for variants - implies either they're selling a hell of a lot of books each month or they're not making money on them and use them as a loss leader to get customers to come to the store and buy other shit.

My guess would be the latter case, but if it works, it works.

Fire hazard.

I have a question for you guys: do any of your stores actually charge for bags and boards? One of mine does and I've never seen it anywhere else

> LCS plays StAS on its tv
Yours really is the best.

I legit think the owner is rich or something and is just doing it for fun cause I have no idea how they're still in buisness
Also the location is in a shitty strip mall so rent is probably pretty low

It has a decent selection and the guy that owns it is nice and can help you get what you want if they don't have it, fair prices too. It's the only place within 100 miles so he could jack everything sky high if he wanted too. Too bad it's on the shitty part of town next to the weave store.

Seattle? There is a comics shop in pike place. There is one in Olympia too.

$.25 per book for bag and board. I buy thw bags and boards myself

One store does

One store does bags and boards fro free if you have a pull list

The other bags and boards everything for free

dude South East Asia. I live in the fucking Philippines.

1 small 3-foot-wide shelf
Good thing I hardly ever buy physical manga

texas?

yes

My bad. SEA is the code for the airport in Seattle. Join the US army and come to America

I get 15% off anything at my current LCS. I used to get 20% off at my old store, but they went out of business. Surprise.

Funny you mention. The first time I went into my current LCS, they were playing Superman TAS too. The owner was there at the time, and we spent a good half hour just talking about how great the show was. It's how I knew I was in the right place.

Looks like harlingen, if I had to guess

Texarkana

It is more fun shopping for comics dangerously.

I saw Mark Waid in my LCS yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my browsing, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw Mark trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen copies of DC Universe Rebirth in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the issues and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any hypertiming,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each copy and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

I cant think of one reason mine is the best...

thats kind of strange

Fellow Texas bro?

That's ancient copypasta

Is that a Batman towel

Good events, lots of stock and merchandise, clerks that know their shit and don't only just pimp out whatever Big 2 event is happening.

I just wish that it A.) was closer to my apartment (it's a 45 minute drive away) and B.) had long boxes with older comics to sell. They only handle the newest releases going back about six months, trades that are still in print.

She's being facetious

yessir hook 'em

gotcha

why is there a Jar Jar Binks statue?

People bought shit loads of collectibles for Episode I's release and no shop is gonna get rid of them, because no one will ever want to buy them.

I saw Shaq leaving a comic shop in Orlanda,he bought a fuck ton of Superman stuff.

I go to Frank and Son's, which is tremendously better than your tiny LCS.

Alan Moore sits outside mine spitting at anyone that walks out while Millar sits in a wheelchair across the street heckling him.

They have a sense of humor

move

You get a discount depending on the amount of books in your pull at my LCS.

80-20 comics i guess

Mango and Animu just hasn't done it for me for a long while now

Meh, mine is just OKAY. Unfortunately a lot of times the BRAND NEW comics have corner folds and stuff and its just small and not the nicest place ever but the dudes who work there are super nice, I just usually preorder off Midtown now because it's way cheaper and I get free bags and boards and more variant covers to choose from. I wish the quality of LCS around me were as good as the quality of record stores around.

My old one back in Columbus was really nice even if it was a bit small. The variants were cover price as well and while we didn't get boards, the owner had a sell on the trades most of the time. I moved to TX and I'm trying to find a place to go to but the closest one to me has a bit of a reputation while the other one is a bit of a drive but the staff were pretty nice when I went there for FCBD.

Well mine is the first comic shop that my little town has had in 20+ years, plus it's inside the cinema that I worked in back when I was in highschool, and I get 15% off all books and consession items so long as I have five or more items on my pull list. I need to drop in there tomarrow and pick up my copy of Battlworld: Spider-Island after I cash my check.

My uncle runs the one I normally go to. He's fun to talk with, and there are always people to play board games over there.

I decided to get into buying instead of pirating last summer after i moved close to an shop. i stopped going there after they had a two month fucking delay on getting new issues of anything.

40:60

the fuck is this place? thats a convention hall not a LCS.

>more than
>at least
user please

I honestly don't even know if there's any good comic shops here.

Google is your friend

I've never really been able to find any good pictures or reviews of the comic shops near here.

Go in and make your own

too much effort

Wow, that's just awful user....

My LCS is the best because the clerk is a brown-skinned Brodie Bruce and we shoot the shit.

Other than that it's a shitty dive that can't get my fucking pull list right because the rest of the staff has trouble remembering to breathe.

Stop being a suck on the economy and go do it

My LCS/LGS stopped selling comics because they hated dealing with their distributor.
Now it's just my LGS.

Well in all fairness, LCS's operate on razor thin margins in most areas. The capital up front needed to get one off the ground might not be recouped for a long time.

The only one I've been to is a chain LCS, so I've been sticking with that out of pure nervousness about the others.
Mostly because I want to make sure they have weebshit first.

I'm sorry
>tfw 4 local gamestores

This I have 3 LCS near my house and none of them compare.

I didn't know chain onesaw existed desu

In those rare occasions when I want to buy something and not just pirate