This is from that Avengers Academy game

This is from that Avengers Academy game.

Does this mean Marvel Studios has the rights to Captain Britain?

Other urls found in this thread:

avengers-academy.wikia.com/wiki/Avengers_Academy_Wikia
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mobile game rights are separate from movie rights, I believe.

>Captain Britain
>blond
>no beard
>no explosives strapped to the body
I know it's capes, but my disbelief can be stretched only so far

>original bad costume

i don't know how i feel about this.

>a shitposter
>this obvious
>this unsubtle
>this unfunny
I know this is neo-Sup Forums, but my patience can only wear so thin.

No, they can still be affected by decisions from Marvel like other merchandise.

Remember the Spider-Man Unlimited game? They were ordered to remove the Fantastic Four symbol off the Bombastic Bag-Man last year.

And since this game has been featuring nothing but MCU-related heroes or heroes most likely to be under Marvel Studios (or Sony since Spider-Man showed up and Black Panther references the Sinister Six), Captain Britain probably is part of the MCU even though Psylocke was in Apocalypse.

t. Ahmed Al-Durkabin

Marvel basically has all the video game rights. It really just comes down to whether Marvel thinks Fox could make money off it if they include something. You're overthinking it and it means nothing as far as the actual MCU is concerned.

Why wouldn't they have his rights, he's not a mutant nor did he debut in an x book?

His sister is Psylocke.

triggered

Boom

But he has a point, if Captain Britain were part of Fox then they wouldn't use him at all.

Lego Avengers seems to be using that costume, too.

Captain Britain debuted in his own comic but for a while he was tied with the X-Men via Excalibur and his sister being Psylocke as pointed out.

When did Betsy get revealed to be a mutant? I read the early Captain Britain arc with Dr. Synn and it didn't really say anything about her being a mutant. Maybe it could be a loophole, the MCU Captain Britain could have a blonde Betsy that's either powerless or has regular psychic abilities, while the X-Men films use the Jim Lee version who can create psionic knives and shit.

Also I'm looking up the listing of appearances.. It seems like Betsy having a premonition happened here but there was no indication in-story it had anything to do with her having psychic powers. And the whole Betsy-has-psychic-powers thing (plus purple hair) was revealed in Alan Moore's run but I don't recall him ever referring to her as a mutant.

inb4 mudslime Captain Britain trigger everyone

>Marvel basically has all the video game rights
Except Namor.

>mfw we won't get the asshole teen from the swimming team

Isn't there supposed to be a Captain Britain TV show being made

Rumors of BBC ordering a pilot, yeah. Whether it ever actually materializes is another thing. Remember that "Marvel's Most Wanted" was supposed to happen too but ABC passed on it.

Either way, between that and this, I'd say its a pretty safe bet that Marvel has the Captain Britain rights. Which of course they would. People who thought that Fox would have them just because Captain Britain was on Excalibur and Psylocke is his sister are crazy when Brian and Betsy were around for years before ever being remotely associated with the X-men.

Why are they using that trash costume?
Are they wanting to seperate CB and Union Jacks designs for some reason?

Probably just shit taste considering this is what the UJ costume looks like

Hmmm, well I can see why they might not want to have 2 heroes whos designs are just the Union Jack plastered on them I guess. OPs Lionheart costume isn't even that bad compared to the original.

Also I wish we had gotten that Serpent Society film and Marvel had introduced international agents like Union Jack

So did the game stop being shit? Because Union Jack is looking pretty fine there.

Gameplay is still nonexistant.
And last 2 big events had battle systems that was simply a nightmare.

Still the characters dialogues are great.

Maybe if they were going with the blue Captain Britain one. Cause the white one is GOAT

Fuck no it's still shit. And Union Jack has a faggy sidecut. Which isn't surprising considering he's a literal faggot in this game

>mfw my dreams about an excalibur movie are dead now

Marvel has all the rights but they order the game developers to not include X-Men or F4 (or any character that FOX owns) with a few exceptions (Wolverine and Deadpool the most noticeable ones). On the leddit of this game a developer said that they were ordered so they have to go by the rules Marvel puts on them. The same applies for all the games that exist currently and will be created later on.

>Implying having a blond and blue eyed Captain Britain movie would not trigger the whole of the UK into a furious shitstorm.

People who have never once heard of the character would be lighting shit on fire for the cultural outrage.

What really bugs me is that the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are affected by Marvel's stupid veto on X-Men characters despite being in the MCU.
I bet they're only in Lego Marvel's Avengers because they pretty much had to be, because they aren't in any other recent game.

Not really but the current Britfag event seems chiller than the GotG and Civil War ones they had before

Feel annoyed because TinyJew will inevitably have a better costume available that will be pay only.

Have they introduced shipping yet? Because that's what I've been waiting for before diving in.

Just put Faiza in the movie as a supporting character.

They don't have the Namor, Micronauts, or ROM rights so no Namor, Bug, or Ikon.

so what else is going on with these Marvel UK people in the game? anyone besides Braddock?

huh??

Union Jack and Black Knight are the free characters, Captain Britain is premium

>white
>blonde

For what reason would this happen?

>initiate dumb question
>Does this mean Marvel Studios has the rights to Captain Britain?

Why wouldn't they? He's a Marvel character....

Like they have the movie rights to Deadpool?

Wish there was somewhere I could go to see all these images of the characters evolving without having to "play" the "game".

Deadpool was an X-force character so he was part of the X-men rights.

Captain Britain on the other hand was his own character in his own franchise for years before he was ever even remotely associated with anything X-related, and even then was only tangentially related, so I don't know why OP would have assumed he wasn't a Marvel character.

Not yet.
But Union Jack openly states that he's gay.

avengers-academy.wikia.com/wiki/Avengers_Academy_Wikia
Although not every character has all outfits unlocked.

Everyone in the UK who would appreciate Captain Britain hates Muslims.

>Captain Britain on the other hand was his own character in his own franchise for years before he was ever even remotely associated with anything X-related, and even then was only tangentially related, so I don't know why OP would have assumed he wasn't a Marvel character.
VIPER is at Fox, your argument is invalid.

But Viper is a villain, not an entire franchise. Captain Britain is enough of a standalone property that he would presumably be his own rights package rather than being lumped in with a different one.

Like the Inhumans. They're Fantastic Four spin-offs, but are enough of their own franchise that they apparently weren't part of the F4 rights package and instead were their own deal.

So there's a chance that they will add his boyfriend? Is Roger even relevant enough?

>VIPER
Wasn't she Logan's wife?

The point is that your wording was retarded

> he's a marvel character so marvel has the rights hur durr

they are ALL marvel characters.

Why are Xfags so obsessed with Captain Britain being on FOX?

For like 2 issues, 99% of her stories are about Hydra and Captain America.

Because of Psylocke and Excalibur

>Implying a muslim Captain Britain wouldn't be Brummie
>Implying any brummie can gather the energy and drive necessary to be a suicide bomber.

Didn't Quesada say they've got Namor back?

Who owns Namor now, then? Fox? Universal?

He said he thinks they own them, but then again he's not a lawyer so...

>Remember that "Marvel's Most Wanted" was supposed to happen too but ABC passed on it.

To be fair, it got ditched because Disney lost a lot of money really fast and needed to trim the fat. I can see them going back to it in a year or two.

Come to think of it, Viper is in the Avengers Academy game, isn't she?

She's only mentioned as Madame Hydra and never as Viper. Might be a bit of a workaround like that.

yeah just added last event

>Captain Britain in the MCU
>his sister gets the Quicksilver treatment

She's called Madame Hydra in the Avengers Academy game.

IIRC MCU can use her only as "Madame Hydra" and Fox can use her only as "Viper".

Actually, Marvel can call her whatever the hell they want, since it's a video game, not a movie.

>durr i'll pretend to be retarded and go on the attack

I see your damage control there, Marvel interns

>What really bugs me is that the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are affected by Marvel's stupid veto on X-Men characters despite being in the MCU.

Yeah, I thought retconning them to not be mutants was at least supposed to be for merchandising purposes. But it's not. Marvel still won't merchandise them, which means they retconned their origins purely out of spite.

Source?

No, Scarlet Witch still gets sort of merchandised. Quicksilver probably won't be, though.

But Scarlet Witch doesn't show up in videogames other than Lego. Not even MFF.

I still think its weird that we got Madame Hydra. honestly Zemo would have made more sense to be the one to leave Hydra and join the Avengers to fight against them.

She still gets merchandised though. She managed to get a Marvel Legends figure and those minifigures.

I think they could get away with it if she's white and doesn't have mutant powers.

Not sure what the point in using her would be though.

That would have pissed off the people who spent $20 to get Zemo already though

I haven't seen X-Men Apocalypse yet. Did they ever mention Psylocke's real name in the movie?

I never said he needed to be a free character. he could have replaced Sif as a premium character. mostly because it makes no sense for her to be in the Civil War event.

nope. and of the like 4 lines she has she doesn't have a British accent.

I don't think there's much question though that if it weren't for the mutant thing she'd be merchandised more.

Like the Avengers cartoon, which slavishly copies the movies, refused to add her and Quicksilver (they are adding Carol, of course, because we will love her OR ELSE)

>if it weren't for the mutant thing
shes not a mutant anymore, neither is Quicksilver.

Whatever, they were mutants for their first 50+ years and Fox has the option to use them because they started as mutant X-Men villains.

The retcon didn't change that, and that's why we don't see them in most games, because of the Fox thing.

>I don't think there's much question though that if it weren't for the mutant thing she'd be merchandised more.

Yeah, that's probably true. I wonder if Marvel was still waiting to see if Fox would try to introduce Scarlet Witch into the X-Men films.

Probably just to establish Captain Britain has siblings.

>hating on Faiza
Shit taste detected.

What?
>Captain Britain on the other hand was his own character in his own franchise for years before he was ever even remotely associated with anything X-related
What about that wording is retarded?

No, he said that the rights weren't at Sony and weren't at Fox, and wouldn't comment one way or the other beyond that.

And guess what? They were never at Fox or Sony. They were at Universal.

>being a paki Mudslime

Hating saracens isn't shit taste. She's not a good character to begin with and the promotion of her to Captain Britain in several storylines is disgusting.

She started out as white and you've got a built in reason for her powers with Jamie Braddock's reality warping.