Thoughts on this film?

Thoughts on this film?

It's pretty good I'd say.

simple innocent fun. very cool vibes, good use of pop music, faye was a cutie.

first half is good
second half is great
faye is cute

second best movie Wong has made

You are now aware that you miss the nineties and did not appreciate them when they were happening.

oh look, its that guy who pops up in every nostalgia thread ever

Thanks to this movie, I now get annoyed by California Dreamin' everything I hear it

*Third*

It's a good film but it ignores the fact that the Chinese are soulless vermin

name 2 better right now

In the Mood For Love, Happy Together

On the contrary, it's very lonely and materialistic.

>not fifth best wai

pleb

the only true vaporwave film.

also faye a cute

Pretty good but not as good as Fallen Angels

name 4 better right now

Released in '94, one of the best years for music and movies in the 90's. I remember every week something good was coming out.

ashes of time
in the mood for love
happy together
days of being wild

>ashes of time

HAHAHHAHAHAHA

overrated as fuck and actually kind of bad

dunno why wong kar wai insists on these two story things where the first one is a crime thriller and the second one is a quirky romance, but the first one is always mildly interesting and the second one always drags and is fucking obnoxious in some way. he did this in fallen angels and chunking express

California dreamin was played about 4 times too many, and the entire last 50 minutes is some quirky girl replacing shit in a guys apartment. There is next to no development in the last half.

And in regards to the first half, that character with the fucking pineapples, so pseudo-deep and irritating. Yes the camera work, acting, and special effects are good, but we all know money can buy you good writing for some reason.

And no, /experimental/unorthadox films don't intimidate me, one of my favorite films is sans soleil but I really disliked this.

can't* buy you good writing

>not seventh best wai

pleb

I always watch this once a year when it's too hot to sleep.

Eternal Goat
>Fall Angels
Critically Probably the Best
>In the Mood for Love
Top Tier
>Days of Being Wild
>Happy Together
Underrated
>2046
Overrated
>Chungking Express
Why
>The Grandmaster

why did you bother correcting a post no one is going to read? he first line was enough to let me know youre a massive pleb

Its either Kar-Wai or Wong, not wai you stupid retard.

Agreed. The opening song (Baroque by Michael Galasso) is fantastic, though.

Great first half, dumb second half.

great post, literally me, what should i watch next from him? chungking?

Hello me. How am I?

I kind of agree about Chungking Express, especially regarding the second half but I really liked Fallen Angels. All the elements in that film seemed to work together well and I found the quirky mute guy to be charming.

Literally me. I like all other wong kar wai films but i slightly dislike chungking. Faye is really annoying also, too quirky for me.