Now that the real superman is back, Who the fuck was that other Clark?

Now that the real superman is back, Who the fuck was that other Clark?

Kal-L, Prime, or some new guy.

No one knows what the fuck is going on. It's unofficially officially confirmed that Cyborg and Eradicator are both going to be in the Superman books though, so we'll have to wait and see.

Nu52 Superman and you guys fucking know it.

Cyborg's Supergirl's dad and he will show up in her book. Eradicator will show up in Superman book. This Clark Kent is showing up in Action Comics. He's Nu52 Superman without his powers.

Golden age Superman.

Hopefully Kal-L because it would mean his New 52 death was more dignified than the one he got in Infinite Crisis.

>>wanting to retroactively turn golden age Superman into a spineless cuck who spent most of the past five years being misused and distrusted

It's the Multiverse, I ain't gotta explain shit.

He got killed by a Superboy who was turned into a bratty internet fanboy. He has to go through multiple indignities to be reborn as a better, stronger Superman again.

spoonfeed me on this one, please

what the fuck happened? New 52 Superman wasn't the real Superman or what? what the fuck have I been missing out on?

DC are remaking the universe and relaunch heroes like they did in 2011

>Who the fuck was that other Clark?
Most obvious answers:
A robot
Batman
A robot Batman

That is pre N52 Superman, the N52 Super is dead. "Mr. Oz" told the pre that he and the dead one werent who they really thought

Superfags whined so much about Nu52 Superman being "edgy" based on covers and DC gave up.
They killed him but only after being declared a fake Superman and just a replacement for the "REAL" and awesome one that was around hiding.

Pre-New 52 Superman is back, albeit with a few changes. We don't know who the other guy was yet.

No they aren't. It's not a reboot. Just a retcon.

No. DC is responding to New 52 Superman's shitty sales.

It is Mystique
Or Martian Manhunter

dumb nigger this is fucking dc

This is gonna be very confusing to explain a decade from now.

You mean like fucking everything else. Try and explain the X-Men timeline to people. You're fucked if you even try

I wish anyone that didn't read action comics this week would stop fucking replying lol.

Seriously, who was the Clark that was talking to Jimmy?

We have n52 Clark underground in Superman Rebirth, and real (should've left the beard) Clark fighting lex. Who is standing-next-to-Jimmy Clark?

>instigated a fight with an innocent man in a crowded city, causing property damage and possibly injuring bystanders for no reason
>"real" Superman
Haha, no.

Krypto turned human

Superboy prime being put into the continuity by manhattan because a whiny superboy demanding he be taken seriously is what manhattan remembers from that comic he read the ither day

>Seriously, who was the Clark that was talking to Jimmy?
Nobody knows! This is one of the reasons I'm going to keep reading Action, though. Between that and Doomsday showing up, it's the kind of weirdness that reminds me of reading comics in the '90s. You're not necessarily reading because it's good, but you just demand a fucking explanation. Good job, Jurgens. I guess.

Definitely not complaining. DCs been interesting this past two weeks so I'm happy.

Do we think this is third life-force clark? Wasn't there one that flew off in n52 #52?

He's the real Superman. And when he returns, it'll be with the trunks.

>real Clark
No

Is this an ironic post? How can you still swallow this editorially-contrived bullshit year after year? There is no genuine creative spirit behind this shit.

Seriously, why do you guys keep reading this stuff? It is really bad.

>fucked Wonder Woman
>cuck

lmao what

Don't be daft. Nobody here is actually looking for real, quality storytelling in a fucking cape comic. At least not me. I read them because they're fun, because weird shit happens and I want to see what happens next. If I want real storytelling, I read a book, you tool.

>real superman

These faggots loved that. New52 Superman wouldn't have pulled that shit

I'm looking at it at the same lowbrow level as you, faggot, and I still don't see the appeal. At some point you get tired of seeing this perpetual status quo bullshit in stories that are driven purely by "Well, what haven't we done yet?"

>stop liking what I don't like.png

Nah, man. Lap it up to your heart's content, I don't care. I'm just baffled by it all.

>At some point you get tired of seeing this perpetual status quo bullshit in stories that are driven purely by "Well, what haven't we done yet?"
I don't. I grew up loving superheroes and still love a lot of the concepts and characters, and if I can pay 2.99 a month to see them do something they "haven't done yet", then I'm happy to do so.

>I don't care
You cared enough to post in the first place. If you truly were in possession of such a refined artistic palette as you claim, you'd think you'd be smart enough to realize that people love indulging in simple, mindless page-turners, and you wouldn't be asking such stupid questions.

The simple fact of it is that Superman is dead, the Superman from another universe has taken his place, Luthor is playing the hero, someone has shown up claiming to be Clark Kent, and Doomsday just dropped out of the fucking sky. Yes, it's dumb as rocks, but god damn do I wanna know what happens next.

>Shitty sales
Look up the numbers, cuck. The superman sales were pretty much on the same levels during the new 52 run as much as the pre 52 runs despite having Lobdell writing New52 Superman for the first 20 issues. That is more than a success- that is an achievement that needs its place in the Guinness books.

Why can't DC and Marvel stop making so many stupid decisions? It's not that hard, just don't fuck everything for a month of easy sales.

If Batman and this Superman were familiar with each other I'd say this. However no, not this time.

They're trying to get the water out of a boat that has a hole in it.

This was meant in response to this Comic sales aren't really increasing long term so Marvel and DC have to do stunts to move more books, that leads them putting themselves into awkward positions with their stories. Apparently when stunts like this aren't happening the sales don't remain at a steady number, they decline.

>Now that the real superman is back
Is pre crisis Superman back or did they bring back pre Flashpoint emotard?

RoBat

Actually it's pretty hard. You have people who are fans of different ideas and thus they oppose ideas that do not conform to their own beliefs. DC cant satisfy everyone and thus the opposing beliefs are vented quite vocally on social media platforms which also happen to be the hub for new and potential readers. these new readers look at the complaints and think everything's just shit in general when the truth in fact is far from it.

tl;dr:
It's not all bad
Nerds are always angry
Facebook was a mistake

I didn't really follow recent developments in DC, so what happened exactly?

Is this new Superman the Byrne reboot Superman or is he actually the "real" Superman of that reality and Nu52 Supes was "wrong"? Both?

What will this do to continuity? I mean, does this Superman even have ANY ties to this reality?

Nevermind, found an article. I like that they brought him back, not because of nostalgia, but because it's interesting to do complicated stuff like that. It's weird, but it will probably shake things up a bit. Still won't buy any issues, though.

Standing-Next-To-Jimmy-Clark is (or definitely should be) Real-Clark.

Luthor-Hate-Clark should be a robot or something that Lex cooked up in order to turn public opinion against the idea of Original-Supes so as to be more supportive of his new Lex-Supes.

Or, it would have done, but now Lex is going to have to deal with Doomsday as well as a Clark-bot he shortsightedly programmed to be hostile to him so he could beat it down (in self defence, of course) in front of Metropolis.

This forces Real-Clark to act, sooner than he may have liked, as Real-Supes, in order to take down Lex's bot and Doomsday when Lex gets overwhelmed and pussies out.

That's how I'd unstir this shitstorm anyway.

I like that.

But does that mean (in this scenario) that bot clark was the one that has the son and shaved before leaving? Or did Real clark shave and go to the Daily Planet first and then show up next to Jimmy?

I like what you're cooking up here though.

Pre-Flashpoint. His attitude is closer to the 90s though, rather than the late 00s.

That Mr. Oz guy (is this going to end up being Ozymandias or some shit?) was all like, "you aren't what you think" to pre-FP Supes, because it's actually totally helpful to drop by people's houses and make cryptic statements before flying away (statements that serve no character motivation, because it doesn't seem clear why Oz would feel the need to say something he knows will give no useful information and will only confuse somebody), and only serve the purpose of foreshadowing shit for "tension," because the author can't think of a more creative way to do it.

So that probably means that the guy we were told is Pre-FP Supes isn't really Pre-FP Supes after all, and it will be revealed that he's, I dunno, Cyborg Superman or Superboy Prime or Batman or maybe he's actually the true Nu52 Supes, and the Nu52 Supes is Iron Man, I don't fucking know. But some dumb twist is in the pipeline, they've already hinted at that.

This is true, actually.

Real-Supes moves into the new house, shaves, then goes to the DP.

Luthor's Bot-Supes just shows up as Lex is doing his big speech.

It's about their characters. Lex is bombastic and egocentric. He's always wanted to be the 'good guy', but he doesn't have the moral compass to figure out how to do it himself. In his mind, it's not enough to just be good. He has to be better than someone else, and in this case, he has to prove that Lex-as-Superman is going to be better and more noble than Original-Flavour-Superman.

So he cooks up a scheme to have something that looks a hell of a lot like Original-Flavour-Supers attack him in public, seemingly without any motive other than dislike, all while Lex is talking about how much he cares for the city and can't bear to see it without a protector.

Meanwhile, Clark, the real Clark, is humble. He's the son of farmers from a small town outside of the city. He's hidden himself away for years and only shown his true power when it was completely necessary.
He's not a showman. He's not an egotist. He's not in it for the fame, or the glory. Of course he's going to show up where he used to work. Of course he's going to appear right beside Jimmy Olsen and talk to his most faithful friend.

And then Doomsday shows up and it all goes to hell and he has to step in to save the day again. Which he'll do, without a second thought, because that's who Superman is.

I thought due to the Flashpoint, several realities were collapsing so True Brainiac gathered them. Which led to Convergence, where at the end the realities were released and led to the new multiverse. One of the realities saved was Pre-Flashpoint Clark and his family, who ended up in New 52 reality. New 52 reality was tinkered by Dr. Manhattan, who I assume made his own version of Superman since Brainiac stole Pre-Flashpoint Clark.

If Luthor made this Superman, why bother giving him a new costume nobody's seen before, with the blue boots? Why not make it look like the Nu52 Superman that denizens of the Nu52 Earth would be familiar with?

Bleediac, Doc Manhattan, the Empty Hand and the Anti-Monitor need to sit down and discuss who is going to be fucking up reality this week.

Does anyone like the new blue boots? No. They were roundly shat on by everyone. No reason to think that the citizens of the DC-verse would react any differently. Luthor wants people to subconsciously dislike the old Superman and favour him.

Speaking of which, why would Real-Supes have a brand new-style costume? Surely he'd have his original one from when he was brought over from the Pre-Nu52-niverse.

>Who the fuck was that other Clark?

It was Chris Kent altered by Doc Manhattan. That or Mon-El.

Still doesn't explain Lois and Jon.

Destroyed in the fight against the Anti-Monitor?

A human clark.

It was Clark, he was moving back and forth so fast the human eye could not see, so he could re-establish that Superman and Clark Kent are not the same person in front of Jimmy. after nuLois fucked over nuSuperman and told the internet his secret identity.

The real Superman is dead, we have some fucking impostor from the dead timeline who lazed around for ten years doing nothing because of some retarded self-imposed rules. Let's not forget unprovoked attack on Lex Luthor in the middle of the crowd.

But what I should expect from guy who ignored threats in his own world to walk around in random direction and find himself?