Why does this show get so much hate here? I think it's pretty good so far

Why does this show get so much hate here? I think it's pretty good so far.

Thats cuz it is very good so far, and its continually getting better. Some people simply inherently dont enjoy prequels because they're usually less exciting and you already know where the story ultimately leads. However, with the edition of new characters like Kim, Nacho and Chuck, as well as Saul in the future at the cinnabon, the show has done a great job of keeping the narrative interesting. The how "NOTHING HAPPENS" meme is fucking stupid, and especially when considering how great season 3 has been so far.

BCS is the ultimate pleb filter

>Mike does grandpa stuff for 10 minutes
>10 minute montage set to music where nothing happens
>Jimmy's plot advances for 2 minutes
>Chuck goes grocery shopping
>end credits, bravo Vince

Nice bait.

its true that nothing happens.

its also true its better than breaking bad

>tfw Chuck's scene with the doctor in which he acknowledged his condition might be all in his head
I felt as terrified as he did during that scene man, fuck.

As tense as the pill-switching scene was and despite all the buildup to it Nacho definitely got caught.

Now I'm waiting for the episode where they reveal how they caught him.

>Why does this show get so much hate here?
Does it? I thought it was ironic. BCS is literally the only kino on television

Chef dude probably saw him.

>Nacho definitely got caught
Why do you say that? Did I miss something? I mean Hector still to get a stroke or some shit

it's a fucking act i know it. he's playing 4d chess somehow

It just feels like everyone is so paranoid that no-one can get away with anything. Even in Breaking Bad someone has always been sacrificed in a plot, even if it that person was not the intended target.

the problem with nacho tossing the bottle in the coat means those pills are going to rattle in the bottle and Hector should have heard it

try doing it at home... toss a pill bottle into a pocket and see if you can do it without making any noise

He's gonna die in a fire in the finale, calling it now

But I don't want Nacho's dad to die :(

maybe he put the cotton back on top or farted really loud just as he tossed it. why get hung up on such a detail

His dad won't die, he'll be a bargaining chip for certain and maybe a little roughed up but he won't die.

in breaking bad, when saul is blindfolded in the desert, he pleads for his life saying it was nacho, not him

It gets hate because it's in Sup Forums's contrarian snowflake nature to hate things that are good, popular, or lacking in memes. That or spergs also suffer from ADHD.

Rome wasn't built in a day, his doctor said. But it was burned in one.

Nah, he's gonna fuck up switching the pills back

It has been long established that the "nothing happens" shitposters are ADHD riddled bunnies on ritalin from reddit

>blocks your doorway

Please stop posting this, I can't take it any more

Fuck. She could boss me around any day

It's a slow burn and people don't have the kind of time or attention span to sit through it.

here we go with the drag out episodes again ill pick back up this show in 2 season

> will miss talking to u fags about it but im gone

I watched maybe the first two and a half seasons of Breaking Bad before I had to stop for IRL reasons.
I have a lot of time on my hands now; could I watch BCS and then go back to Breaking Bad?

>for
not bait the show just picked up and now the going back to the slow dogshit

FUCK jimmy brother chuck and bring in guss story

KIll him already

I envy you

Because nothing fucking happens. It's incredibly obvious that they're milking the breaking bad cow for all it's worth. It's had some okay moments, but it's a pretty mediocre show overall.

tehe :3 is that a yes, big boy?

I'd watch BrBa first just because it pays off to see how some of the plot points and characters end up matching up with BCS.

i hope it was worth it for the last guy

>embezzle 200 grand from the government, user! you deserve it
>oops! lets trash the house and make it look like we were kidnapped!
>c'mon honey you can do seven years standing on your head

jesus what a spineless pos. prison would've been good for him

Thanks

Is chuck the best character on TV right now?

Its mainly fags complaining about not enough explosions in a tv show about a FUCKING lawyer.

>good so far.
Well where are you in the show? This is the only season thats been lacking.

>a tv show about a FUCKING lawyer

A tv show about a FUCKABLE lawyer you mean.

It is incredibly boring for long periods of time. Although the scene when he visits the guy who invents the encouraging toilet is hilarious.

I find it pretty boring.

There is very little beyond "character building", and even that's pretty slim.

Hell, even the plot is pretty uninteresting and there almost always feels like there's far less at stake than with Breaking Bad.

I've seen this post before.

the first season was the best. It had interesting side characters and side plots.

They haven't introduced a single interesting character in 2 seasons. Its Mike, Kim, Jimmy, and Chuck, with pretty much everyone else being breathing set pieces. Its feels exceedingly sparse. The world they built feels dead.

>MORE TYLER I WANT IT ALL
>YOU'RE SOOOOOO BIG

that literally doesnt bother me at all. each scene is so well executed and the characterization is so good i just enjoy watching and experiencing it even each scene doesnt contribute to the overall narrative.

>feels like there's far less at stake than with Breaking Bad
That's because there is. Seriously what did you people expect? BrBa is about an everyman turning into a drug kingpin while bcs is about a lawyer turning into a cynical sleazy lawyer - obviously the show will move in a slower pace and the stakes won't be as high.

>quantity of characters is better than quality
BCS has literally the indisputable best female character of the BB universe and arguably best male performance too.

Maybe I'm not the only one with the opinion?

Though I know what you're getting at, and it's not copypasta.

What was fun about Jim's personality in Breaking Bad was that he was a street-smart lawyer who focused on helping bad people so they could continue to do bad stuff.

What's turning out to be far less fun is watching how he GOT to that point. He seems so mellow and (in lack of a better word) human, here.

He might have been a bit of a cartoon character in Breaking Bad, but at least there was some real charm and personality on display. Even if it was a little artificial.

True, it will never feel as balls-to-the-wall as Breaking Bad, but that's honestly not a pluss for the show.

Failing to create tension is still a failure even if your audience was expecting too much.

GILLIGAN'D

no. a show needs some sort of hook to draw me in. it doesn't have to be explosions but it has to be something that's going to keep me interested in the development and a guy that thinks he's allergic to electricity isn't enough really. We know the ending to the show, but we want to find out how Saul becomes a crooked lawyer. it takes too long in the first season to reach any kind of development in that plot to the point where Mike becomes the only interesting plot line in the series due to the lack of basic entertainment points aside for maybe one scene in the whole season. After a while a show like that just feels like it's not worth watching. there's no change of tempo that kept me invested, it just dragged on and on to the point where i couldn't finish it.

>but that's honestly not a pluss for the show.
it is to me, the stakes in BB were constantly cartoonish and silly, BCS is much more grounded and to me more compelling because of it

>Mike becomes the only interesting plot line in the series
jesus christ breaking bad plebs are literally children

I am glad they decided to make BCS its own thing and not try to make it be like Breaking bad. Love it. The bar association hearing episode was great this season

I wouldn't say so. The stakes were usually very real and being, in your words, a drug-kingpin often put you in very real danger from a lot of bad people.

You're right that BCS is more grounded though, and it feels much more like the everyman adventure when the story's following Jim.

But where you find that compelling, I find it boring, especially in a universe that has been so thrilling up until this point.

Look, I'm not saying character-dramas don't have their place, but you can't make a teen-drama and set it in the Terminator universe and expect it to feel right at home (which they did, and it didn't). And that's what they've done here. They've taken a over-the-top (maybe even "cartoonish" like you described it) drug-drama series and added a very serious character-piece to it.

These aren't two pieces that should fit very well, and to me, they aren't.

I was dying during that scene its gold

>it will never feel as balls-to-the-wall as Breaking Bad, but that's honestly not a pluss for the show
It's literally the opposite. BB continuously breaks immersion with it's over the top shit like Gus losing half of his face and fixing his tie, or Walt using that fake meth to create a hollywoodesque explosion, or the whole melting a body with acid bullshit.

The scene with Nacho switching out the pills was really well done, it was tense and suspenseful even after he landed the shot.

The reason people like Breaking Bad, and the reason people don't like Better Call Saul as much is pretty fixated on the universe from what I've gathered.

People liked the over-the-top fun that came with BB, and it feels foreign and alien to try to portray Jim as some sad, misunderstood, deep character in BCS which takes place in the same universe.

When most of us heard that BB was getting a spin-off staring Jim, I for one hoped for a humors sequence of court-cases where Jim tries to push obvious criminals through the slim hole of "reasonable doubt".

Instead we got "muh brother" and "muh female coworker".

It's boring, slow, and often feels like there's very little actual plot or development on display at all.

Kind of retarded for him to throw it like that though. With all that build up you'd think he'd be more careful.

Yeah I kind of expected him to get sleazier much earlier, or even from the start. Treating the series like a prolonged origin story doesn't seem like the best move.

I feel like a better way to go about the show would have been to make it a non-linear procedural show. Start every episode with Saul in the Cinnabon. Something seemingly random happens in or around the Cinnabon that makes him remember some episode from his life before he went into hiding. Each flashback jumps back to some memory. It doesn't have to be in order, in fact, it usually wouldn't be, unless he remembers a really long memory that takes multiple episodes. Maybe you link these things together by the end of series, but it wouldn't be necessary.

Maybe near the end of the series, the stakes of his memory matter to solve some sort of situation in his real life.

Lynch does the same thing and everyone sucks his balls.

>its a mike searches for arrow heads In the desert for 15 minutes episode

>people like Breaking Bad, and the reason people don't like Better Call Saul
>people liked the over-the-top fun that came with BB
>most of us
Limit your opinion to yourself unless you can back up those claims about what most people think.

I really enjoy watching this show, but from what it looks like, season 3 is gonna end with the exact same character arc for Jimmy as season 1 and 2 did. I bet season 4 will then start with Jimmy getting back his licence to practice elderly law and the whole season will be about him trying to strike a balance between his sleazy true self and trying not to disappoint Kim. So the only difference between his character arc in season 1 and his pressumed character arc in season 4 will be that instead of not wanting to disappoint Chuck, it will be Kim.

Because it feels less masturbatory. Evoking a sensation is at least purposeful, saying "wow look at all this natural light, it like a Gold Age Dutch Painting!" is formalistic jerking off.

ur dumb bro

Not him, but the ratings kinda speak for what most people think. And yes, BrBa also had a slow start with low ratings, but they did increase steadily each seasons whereis with BCS, the ratings get worse with each season.

>Lynch does the same thing and everyone sucks his balls.

Only on Sup Forums. No one else watches Twin Peaks.

They don't. TV is dying.

where is the spanish torrent, shouldn't it be out today?

>tfw Nacho is covered in death flags from head to toe

What is going to happen to chuck, nacho and kim? Are they all going to die, or just move away?

>most of us

I made said comment based on IMDB, Metacritic, and RottenTomatoes. All of which are places BB is beating the everloving crap out of BCS.

too many plot holes. like who the fuck were all these guys helping mike find the body? they werent in the car with him

They do though. BCS falls 0.5-1.5 points on IMDB every season so far.

people liked bb better because it was low hanging fruit. a bunch of quips, blood, deaths and extreme emotions. retards love that shit, and at the same time it was a well made show.

Wait who WERE those guys

>low hanging fruit

I don't agree. I still can't figure out how they managed to pitch "normie high school teacher begins cooking meth featuring the dad from Malchom in the Middle" and get it approved in today's industry.

Yes and you like BCS better because it is a much more complex show that only people of a certain intellect can appreciate, people like you, who are above the unwashed masses.

Saul Goodman WAS the quips in BB you drooling moron. You are literally watching a spin-off focusing purely on the quippy and extreme emotions part of BB.

The reason it got a lot of hate is it was something that was sort of advertised differently than what we got which always creates disappointment.

It was sort of sold to the public as another action packed crime drama featuring a wisecracking charismatic asshole.

And we got a *bit* of that, but only a bit. That may have been 10% of the formula at best. The first 2 seasons were a slow build, often depressing, drama about a new lawyer struggling to make it financially and make his damaged family life work.

Though I will say it's gotten WAY better this third season. It's a very similar vibe to breaking bad now, but it took way too long to get to this point.

I suspected Vince Gilligan was counting on an infinite number of season renewals if he just slowly filibustered, but I suspect some exec told him he better get to the point or it will be scrapped.

The meme that, it's an X does Y for 20 minutes episode now no longer holds true.

It's beautifully shot. Beautifully directed. It tells a cool story. It has cool character origins Mike, Gus, Tuco, Hector, etc. But the first 2 seasons are remarkably slow and have major pacing issues.

The first two seasons easily could have been one season, maybe as few as 5 episodes, though there may have been a good half a dozen episodes in the first two seasons.

Now in the third season every show gives a lot story and development, there is no filler. Each episode is great and stay on point. If it would have been this show right off the bat so many people would have stuck with it.

But it's almost as though Vince Gilligan wished to challenge the audience with a very slow art film without much substance or plot.... but in reality, all it did is cause viewership to drop off enormously. But now I'm happy I stuck with it.

IN b4 some faggot says I'm a pleb for preferring that shows have content rather than filler.

>B-but saul was such a scumbag, the transformation will be glorious to watch!

like you said, saul wasn't even a character in breaking bad, he was an occasional comic relief to break up the tension elsewhere. the "le dark saul" meme is fucking stupid. He was an innocuous scumbag , not some brooding mastermind.

It has slow pacing and isn't as overtly aesthetic as Mad Men.

You know, it doesn't matter how good something is it will never be a huge success unless you draw the plebs in. So you have to provide a lot of edgy pleb bait to spice your stuff up in order to make it an audience hit.

Nothing happens. That doesnt mean its not good, but god after 2-3 seasons it feels like were not that far from where we started. The characterization is fantastic, the characters are so full of detail and life, but they never actually DO anything, its like vince is scared of actually making anything happen too fast. It gets tedious.