This Thread again

I know, I know, but I can't get it out of my system.
This whole debacle, it feels it has come down to this comic book issue of mockingbird.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BuBPLNfbjZc
youtube.com/watch?v=ZOXh5repOWI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump
I will bump all night if I have to but I need this put to rest and Sup Forums out of all the boards seems to keep its head out of its ass the most with this shit, and have a calm rational discussion. Some times...

Now how is it that this narritive of Victimizing ever get past the editors?
At what point do rational people say this is all hippocritical nonsese?

It felt like (possibly unintended) parody, the schizophrenic and frequently over-the-top tone coupled with more subtle bits like complaining about the lack of female heroes while everything is plastered in female hero merchandise (including the lunchbox in the flashback where it starts) and exclaiming "Hah, just kidding, it's still bad" while lounging in her elaborate secret underwater laboratory.

you mean this one.
So you don't take it seriously, but you think the writer was serious?

>just kidding it's still bad
is it me? Or these young women who believe this really comparing what women went through in the past, who had less rights and less access to education. Then putting what they experienced today as same horrible form of injustice?

>Sup Forums out of all the boards seems to keep its head out of its ass the most with this shit, and have a calm rational discussion

you know it's true

This has to be satire right...right?!

Lmao, even her shirt says 'girl power', didn't even notice the first time around. This comic is just trying way too much and honesty if I hadn't seen the retardation of feminism in these last couple of years than I would assume it was satire.

I highly doubt it, the author is a legit feminist and they tend to force their views rather bluntly.

See:

no, I'm sure there are sain women who would think that it's a satire.
this is the proud tweets of the writer

>they were short changed in the 1970s
in what way were they?

>protagonist kills a innocent looking SWAT trooper trying to help her while bitching about tampons
>this is suppose to be worth celebrating
>gets praise from readers

3rd Wave Feminism was a mistake.

>advertising shitty comics
if it's shit, never talk about it

#Currentyearcomics

So do you guys think this decade will be known as Marvel pandering to progressives much like how the 90s are known as edgy? Perhaps it'll never stop and they will be their noew core-audience.

Aren't we in like the 4th wave or something? Or is that still to be determined?

how do these people even get a job at marvel?Jesus

>their noew core-audience.
And that was the day comics died
SJW dont buy shit, that would be supporting capitalism.

Will anything top this?

I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up known as the decade comics, at least the big two anyway, ended/canceled and movies replaced them.

I'd agree it's 4th wave, given what I've heard of 3rd pre-SJW.

Nope we're in third wave.

>live in a culture than still can't talk about tampons.
But that's wrong or does america doesn't have tampon ad and thing like that ?
youtube.com/watch?v=BuBPLNfbjZc

Anyway women talking about their period is like guys talking about the big shit they took in the morning,

I'm still confused on what wave, I thought we were in third wave but there are anons who make the case it's the 4th.

I mean the new Thor is selling decently isn't it? At least some will spend dough on comics. What's OG-Thor even up to?

Don't be sexist, user. It's a huge issues for oppressed women all over the western world.

that can't be true though since the writers constantly get tweets telling them to stop writing. It's like marvel doesn't want to be considered mysoginistic, so they hire women despite having no experience.

I dunno, decent is the best selling female super hero? even then it's not selling as much as their male counter parts.

Perfect example really. Hell, I'd probably feel more comfortable having to converse about a woman bleeding right now than about the big shit someone took. More conversation options like sympathy can be played rather than just simple sarcastic "nice..."

So what exactly is there to talk about regarding tampons?

well you know we only talk about to gross eachother out, it's like chicken, buy with poop

>sympathy
I have never had a woman respond well to sympathy on her period, other then one. And she is a special case.

it doesn't say

last I checked it was like the 6th best selling comic out of roughly four hundred

Luxury tax apparently.
But free-bleeders sort dug that grave for them.

So what really are they after?

If a co-worker tells me they're on the rag should I provide sympathy? Or is that chauvinistic and sexist? Do they want to treat it like a gross dudebro thing and high five them for being a bloody mess between their thighs?

You just need to talk about, okay. Also sonmething about it being taxed like toliet paper or something.

the sympathy part is constantly misconstrued into something else. There is nothing that makes them feel better, so trying to do so just makes them mad even more.

The artist does appear to be doing an unreliable narrator thing but given I think anything that appears to be deep or like there's a "thing" happening is purely by accident.

Kinda like a Dave Willis comic where he gives characters really sympathetic backstories but his intent is for them to be a 100% pure evil strawman for you to hate.

If you have an opinion on tampons they don't like your mansplaining, so you're pigeonholed into agreeing with them. Better feel the room and just nod when asked.

>mansplaining
ok he was being a creep in this one, but mansplaining doesn't make sense in this context.

Well for starters, asking if I can lick it up after they're nice and bloody.

just ignore them, act like normal, if they snap continue to act normal and don't talk about their behavior. Many women can act and behave normally on their period, there are others who just can't control themselves.

Even DC is doing it now.

Someone post mansplaining Wonder Woman.

I guess only Trump can get away with equating moodiness to menstruation.

I heard that writer was canned
don't know for sure though.

not really, people bitch about what he says all the time, he just doesn't give a fuck.

I got you, senpai.

Mansplaining is a man acting like he knows better than a woman (when he doesn't) in a condescending or smug way.

So yes it absolutely makes sense in context.

No, I mean if a woman got angry about you and you said she was only angry because she had blood coming out of her wherever you'd get screamed at.

>it's a 'Sup Forums only advertises books they hate' thread
this is why good writing doesn't sell.

oh, I thought it was explaining their place in society.
Saying a girl should go alone is just being protective.

I highly doubt anybody in here is gonna buy this comic.

While I'd probably wouldn't mind trying to eat out a bloody vagina at least once, the idea of free-bleeding is off putting just because it ruins perfectly good clothing with blood stains.

Why bother with the added burden of removing blood stains or dealing with brown dry blood splotches on clothes?

It gets twisted, sometimes it means being talked down to, but I've seen other people say it means stating something in too simplistic a way because you assume the other person would understand if they were a man.

I undersrand, stay calm and collective, give 3 seconds of silence and say would you like time alone?
leave then act like nothing happened and if you are lucky and the girl is a good person, then she will apologize for snapping at you.

Why'd she murder that SWAT guy? She a villain?

If this is the correct definition, then how the hell have I never heard of "womansplaining"?

i thought mansplaining is when a man makes sense and women cant handle their logic

Yeah its not as cut and paste as womandriving.

Is the opposite of mansplaining "womanswering"?

Tampons, bro. Absorbent fibers in the vagina for the purposes of soaking up discarded uterine lining.

Can I make it any more obvious?

She is a strong independent young woman of possible ethnic background.

but being talked down too can be easily misconstrued. There are times where some one just says something and a bitch snaps at them saying they are mansplaining. Or even a simple correction, it's like everyone's ego is so paper thin.

Women are always right, so there's no need for such a phrase.

It already has a term, nagging. It's been around for about 10,000 years.

No really. Why's she kill a SWAT officer?

Same reason why you don't hear jokes about "male drivers". It's a stereotype that men will mansplain things. Just like it's a stereotype that women are bad drivers.

They're both true but over exaggerated

>gender neutral term
Bitch, I've been nagged by more men in my life then women.

it's actually because the cop was treating her like a child by giving her a juice box. I've noticed that young girls don't like being considered a child and when they are on their period for the first time all kinds of anger and emotions flood in that only women could truly understand.

Lots of people have chips on their shoulders. I knew a guy that didn't go to college who got hugely buttmad whenever my university classes came up in conversation because he felt like I was acting superior to him.

So did the rest of the SWAT team mow her down in bullets?

Now have that friend of yours be a new wave feminist, and they will say you are mansplaining. Most if not all of these new feminists have huge chips on their shoulders.

>Men have been calling women "nags" for ages
>Women come up with a word for the male version of nagging
>Men's egos are so fragile they immediately get mad whenever the term is used, even if it's used correctly.

Literally cannot handle the bantz.

She asked for tampons and he gave her a juice box to calm her down.

no she kills a dude in a helicopter, and kills a a reporter and other cops by draining the color from them.

We can only hope, thinking about the concept of killing someone over being treated like a child has made me legitimately mad now.

Do you think we'll eventually get a Kingdom Come for this generation and have a comic about Captain America fighting off self-entitled third-wave feminists and their mindless horde of nu male henchman?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZOXh5repOWI

I always find it ironic that feminists champion neutral language when it pertains to words which describe women's behavior, but often use words such a mansplain without a second's thought.

Remember 'Ban Bossy'?

Now does the thing mansplaining describe happen? Yes, but then why shouldn't we be allowed to craft words such as:

Womoaning: the tendency of women to complain loudly about minor issues, often issues that don't even really exist.

Femnagging: a common behavior among women during which they annoy men by constantly harping about some small problem.

Bitchwording: the tendency of women to invent sexist words in order to lump blame and shame upon men.

Without being labelled as sexists?

>make up word
>say its bantz
Guess I know some five year olds that are real fire.

What superhero put her down then? Or is the whole comic just some villain running amok?

I believe it's because it's sexist to use nagging now, and when used you get your balls chopped off.

Maybe that one faggot. Any woman who actually uses the word mansplain in public basically will get automatically tuned out for revealing themselves to be a feminazi.

More annoyed at the double-standards of people who claim to be for equality.

she never asked for tampons

They're not the same, nagging means annoying or complaining to someone, taking from the Scandinavian dialect Ganga (to bite or gnaw). And it's not exclusive to women.

Mansplaining means a man said something in a way I don't like that a woman would have said better.

since when is this not considered sexist?

Did you forget that men need to psychically know what a woman wants at all times?

the comic is about mockingbird, who is a shield agent, she has gadgets like batman. This girl is some random power user.

>I'm not fat, I'm big boned

That's the oldest excuse in the book.

Man, didn't know Sup Forums was filled with so many MRAs. We get it, white, straight, men are the true victims of eevviill feminazies.

Honestly you guys you're just afraid of women being apart of comics.

>when you're privileged equality feels like oppression

That's only with the crazy women, that's why that cop died.

That line is too hilarious to dislike

>(You)

>le_bait_fish.jpg

1/10 made me reply sarcastically.

so is the patriarchy is holding women down.
This has nothing to do with MRA.
This about common sense, and with this book, the lack there of.

Since they changed the definition of the word, silly.

>Mansplaining equals truth