Adventure Time / AT Thread

Continuing from: No new episodes until The Music Hole on June, 23.
Post anything related to the show.

So, do you guys think all the kingdoms of Ooo are similar to Candy Kingdom in that they are capitalistic monarchies with a single utilitarian ruler?

Other urls found in this thread:

awn.com/news/cn-expands-adventure-time-franchise-multi-platform-card-wars-sequel?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
tvguide.com/tvshows/adventure-time/tv-listings/304498
youtube.com/watch?v=bNnfuvC1LlU
youtube.com/watch?v=F2k7Jf9xO3g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I mean, we saw Slime Kingdom and Flame Kingdom, and I guess they'd be that?
Though I'm sure PB's the only one who takes it too a major level.

So LSP on drums, PB on guitar, Marcy on base, Peppermint Butler on keyboards.

That's what I think will be the mand for The Music Hole.

*band

Since user didn't post this:

Daddy Daughter Card Wars will air on July 7th
>A follow-up to Finn and Jake’s epic card game of 2012 with an all new episode where Jake needs his daughter Charlie’s help to win a top-tier Card Wars doubles tournament against a longtime rival.

And some Season 8 info:
>Season 8 is scheduled to premiere later this year and will follow Finn and Jake to unchartered lands as they seek to answer one of the show’s biggest mysteries, and save all of Ooo from a powerful new threat.

awn.com/news/cn-expands-adventure-time-franchise-multi-platform-card-wars-sequel?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

> a powerful new threat
> new
RIP, Lich, we'll never see you again.

What do you all think the height ranges, or heights are for characters in AT? Is Marceline like 6'2, cause Finn looks like a total manlet.

I only care about this show for waifus

In the dead mountain episode Finn first says he would wish to be as tall as PB. When he actually makes a wish, he words it as "approximately 11.5 inches taller". So, PB is 11.5 inches (30 cm) higher than Finn.
When they are on one screen, Finn is one head shorter than PB, and she's usually drawn as a 6-head tall figure. That makes PB ~180 cm and Finn ~150 cm. Marceline is slightly taller than PB, so that's around 185 cm.

I don't know if PB can play the guitar, I want PB on the mix!

Synopsis:
>Finn hears a mysterious song while judging a Battle of the Bands.

>cm
In American, motherfucker! Feet and Inches!

But educated Americans like engineers or scientists use metric. Are you a redneck, user?

No, I just want feet and inches.

So Finn doesn't get to sing? That's ass.

>I'm as tall as Marcy
Well now I feel like a manlet

Hey, at least you're her height. I'm fucking shorter (not by a whole lot, though)

Does AT even need a general?

I'd prefer this over the shitty star vs evil generals. There's 2 or 3 of those trap threads everyday.

Too bad the best one is dead.

Well Olivia did say Marceline is gonna sing, She also implied PB will sing with her.

It's hardly a general, right? There's just stuff people are discussing, I guess.

She dead?

I mean Finn's VA has an actual band and a musical career like Marceline's VA. I guess he doesn't have the skills to hack it/fanbase would rather hear Marcy sing.

Well, she was left for dead in the middle of a desert without any water, transport or means of navigation. Good luck with that.

which episode?

S06E14 - Princess Day.

In general, would you prefer to have a heavier focus on plot progression or more separate adventures and plots(not about adding more characters, just new places and adventures)? Just curious.

Seperate adventures have a much more open feel to them, but one big plot focused adventure could be neat, if it actually goes places. I suppose it'd be like an anime, with the occasional filler episode, but it would be neat if they focused on a singular plot.

Meh, I would rather have no plot progression at all. Just a bunch of random adventures that maybe shape characters without existing only for that.

I definitely would like to see a return to this style, similar to season 1 if my memory isn't horrible.

I don't care if one or another, they have to stick with that decision in mind rather than being in the uninspiring mixed phase the show is in right now. They showed that they don't really care about heavy plot-focused episodes with an overarching narrative, since they either pretend to forget about it in the long run or they kill any sign of development with disappointing season finales. At least go full on separate adventures and mini-plots in a fashion of the former seasons.

>decision
*direction

Lines in!

Dabble stahp

I would be really happy if they perhaps did all three. Finales in big episode slews of 3-5 like Stakes, 2-3 episodes of single plot lines, and regular one episode adventures.

Jake said Finn is 5ft. Finn hasn't grown since his debut so let's just assume he is 5ft, and Bonnibel is 5'11"

hnngg

Where did you get this screenshot? Also source for the synopsis?

Debut as in beginning of the series or debut in some other way? Cause he's physically grown throughout the seasons.

No he hasn't. At least not consistently. In episodes like "Pajama Wars" he is Bonnibels height, but now they have him animated shorter than her. Finn looks identical to his debut.

Regardless, I want some good Finn character development.

There is always inconsistency because of retarded storyboarders but compared to the beginning of the show to now he has grown. To say he hasn't means you need to go back and rewatch Season 1 and rewatch Season 7.

The screenshot is actually from Breezy that aired ages ago.
Also notice mr. Cream Puff hitting on his ex.

I have actually. Began rewatching the series and am on season 2. I've seen every episode, albeit some episodes I've seen only once, so my memory of them has faded. Which is why I'm rewatching them. Finn hasn't changed in appearance at all. still has blonde hair. His hair has been seen longer and shorter from the times he's cut it. But I don't really count that as a change. His arm technically isnt his, it's the grass sword. But Finn looks pretty much identical. How has Finn changed since season 1? Appearance wise.

The calculations in are based on "Don't Look" and "Thin Yellow Line" episodes yet give the same 5 ft result.
> In episodes like "Pajama Wars" he is Bonnibels height
He is noticeably shorter than her even in "Pajama Wars". Although it's way closer than usual, maybe because of the storyboarders, amybe because she's not wearing heels in the episode.

Hmm, actually looking back now it seems you're correct. Perhaps it's the inconsistency of the storyboarders where I viewed where he would be taller than others. If that's the case then that's even more retarded and shows that even though they keep his age Finn is literally destined to be a midget.

tvguide.com/tvshows/adventure-time/tv-listings/304498

In Pajama War they make Finn taller just to make them shippable, PB looks 14.

made*

That episode is beloved by so many Fubblefags. A shame such an episode will never happen again.

I mean its great that we have an episode where we get music. But wheres Jake? I hate how we dont focus on Jake enough like we used to.

It was a nice episode, but it's kind of retard that to make the ship works they need to make PB 13 or randomly change her appearance, ,

Bump

Isn't Marceline usually drawn as shorter than PB though?

Bumping for ice queen and marceline.

I'd like a constant plot if they could do it without failure (they can't). This season finale plot lurch bullshit is ridiculous. It won't work on me anymore, fucker.

I think the ratio of storyboarders who draw Finn a little taller vs. those who don't...has increased? jmoyns I know has drawn the tallest teen-lookin Finn for many seasons. But there are still dudes who draw him as baby short n' squat, so that suggests the "change" is an unofficial, personal choice.

That is, if it's not completely unintentional. He can change height drastically within the SAME EPISODE. All the characters can. Because the boarding is shit. Ahem, I mean rustic.

How desperate you gotta be to want more of that? It was fake and contrived by a shipfag writer.

Shipb8y episodes that go against the usual narrative and give false hope should be banned. Just tells you how out of control the writing on this show is.

sarcasm

Alright, it's finally done!

sorry

it could totally happen again.

Doing God's work Dabble

duh dammnnn

bump.

based user

Man who even cares, he's been brought back so many times he's boring at this point.
Him staying as a baby would be a decent conclusion to his character since they've established he can't actually get killed, so instead they just put him in a impotent and harmless form.

But the show made Lich into the final boss (even though he's showed up like 6 damn times) so you can bet your ass he's coming back in the last season or the movie. Hell, the new threat they're talking about may just be the Lich in a new form or something.

Let's not forget about Orgalord. Although he isn't really "new." Maybe the new theat is one of the deities like the Lich before time. Lich and Orgalord have existed before time.

The Lich hasn't, he's been around since the Mushroom War. The comet he spawned from is probably some million years old, he just seems to know about the time before time.

Also, I think Orgalorg is pretty much done for by now. He'll probably stay as Gunther for at least a couple more million years.

"Before their was time, there was nothing. And before there was nothing, there were monsters." I guess you could say he was a cosmic entity, reincarnated as the Lich, after the Mushroom War. I didn't say Orgalord, but rather the monsters that existed with him. That is a possibility. They brought back the Lich multiple times now, who's to say that Orgalord doesn't come out again? I'm pretty sure most of us thought that the Lich would stay as the snail.

Aren't the comets confirmed to be the "first lives" of the Finn and the Lich and whatnot? Though, they are comets, who knows how old they were when they hit the Earth

I dunno about the Snail, I kind of thought he'd return when I first saw the Snail's face in Mortal Recoil, it felt like it was going to build up to something

Exactly, I'm not saying it's definite that Orgalord will return, but it can't be ignored as a possibility. Though I feel it would make sense if not him another deity. You really anticipated something for two whole seasons? I completely forgot about him.

I'd like to retract my statement on Orgalord, he isn't new, so there's still a good chance he may stay as Gunter

fug u m8s

oh geez

Floating makes her taller. PB is taller than Marcy by an inch. I bet it actually annoys Marceline which is why he floats.

maybe once he is older and fully understands the situation i could get behind it

right now it's an ancient witch taking advantage of a poor kid who doesn't know shit from shit

Have you drawn Susan Strong yet?

Probably not enough

I have not been keeping up with this show ever since flame Princess was introduced.
What happened to the lich king?
Who won the finn bowl if anyone has yet?
Was anything ever touched on Ice Kings past?

Post songs you enjoyed.
youtube.com/watch?v=bNnfuvC1LlU
This really made Stakes feel concluded for me even though everything being back to normal felt like a cop-out.

>What happened to the lich king?
Turned into a baby. Sidelined until further notice

>Who won the finn bowl if anyone has yet?
Nobody. FP friendzoned him and Marceline and PB are "close" friends again.

Wonder how Lady feels about being sidelined by the vamp.

>Was anything ever touched on Ice Kings past?
Past? Other than him trying to bang the Empress Vampire and flashbacks of him hanging with Marceline as a kid, no I don't think so. There's Betty, but that's another can of beans.

Lich came up a few more times to fuck shit up, right now he's on standby in a baby.
Finn has horrific times and a few flings and right now he's flying solo. Who will be endgame is anyone's guess but there's a good chance it will be a rando or no one.
Decent bit of stuff has happened with Ice King, namely his fiance coming back via time travel. Wacky stuff on that end.

You gonna get back into it?

>What happened to the lich king?
Defeated by turning him into a living being, he's now a giant child-like creature living with Treetrunks, but it's shown that he still has some of his powers.
youtube.com/watch?v=F2k7Jf9xO3g
However, there's also alt universe, Farm World Lich King, that grew from Jake's body, who got destroyed, but had an arm cut off that ended up spread across the multiverse.
>Who won the finn bowl if anyone has yet?
Huntress Wizard got the closest, but no one has "won" it, yet.
>Was anything ever touched on Ice Kings past?
Betty's back due to time travel, but crazy due to taking Magic Man's powers, but now a virtual copy of her is inside IK's crown/mind.

>Wonder how Lady feels about being sidelined by the vamp.
She interacted with Bubblegum a grand three times at best even before the show went hardcore Bubbline so I think Lady's used to being neglected by her ostensibly best friend.

Eh I'm not too sure.
maybe one of these days when its finished and i have the time and interest in it again.

So is Ice king a little bit more sane?
does he remember what his past was and that the crown is the reason he's so batty?

>Dabble catering to BBW fetishes.

Isn't it closer to muscle fetish?

I wonder why their relationship was never really part of the show. Seemed important in the pitchbook. It's like Lady is owned by Jake and couldn't be owned by PB at the same time.

Ice King is senile. It seems like it is irreparable. I'll answer your questions as thoroughly I can.

nothing we learn about his past will change him in the present.

that's just how it goes on this show.

Maybe if it were Muscle princess. Albeit both may work.

No, so far, they haven't actually shown if he's changed due to her being there.

Now Lady's owned by her kids. Poor gal.
I guess the language barrier was such a big deal that she could only be toted out every once in a bit, but even then they could just have subs.

Is there any sexy art of Bubblegum and Rainicorn together? Like Lady Godiva.