Why can't marvel leave thanos to Jim starlin?

Why can't marvel leave thanos to Jim starlin?

Because Thanos gotta use a gun!

Because that fuck bendis is just like any other normie; they think thanos is a "HURR DURR GENERIC BAD GUY WITH GAUNTLET". Marvel has raped cosmic marvel, which used to one of the greatest parts of marvel is I might add.

Fucking christ, does Marvel's incompetence know no bounds?

you and me bro

Marvel Cosmic got off the Starlin train when editors Andy Schmidt/Bill Roseman got smart and handed Thanos off to Keith Giffen. He gave us the basis for the versions of Drax, Annihilation, Nova, Star-Lord, the Guardians that became popular enough for DnA, Bendis, and eventually the movie. Thanos back with Starlin? No thanks. The Annihilation/Annihilation Conquest/Thanos Imperative years were Marvel Cosmic at its height.

if bendis and slott machine got fired, marvel would improve 300-fold

>bendis

This isn't a meme, he really is ruining cosmic Marvel. What he did with that Original Sin tie-in should be illegal.

Because he writes Thanos as a blatant mary sue who only loses because he wants to deep down.

Isn't Bendis writing like 10 books?

Gonna be hard to find other prolific writers to replace them.

>prolific

>forgetting other shitty writers such as Hopeless

Giffen wrote a better Thanos.

>it's a Sup Forums calls every character a Mary sue episode

Spider-Woman and All-New O5. Who gives a fuck about those books.

Giffen revived cosmic Marvel and gets virtually no credit for it. It was all about DnA.

They just cant let people like Bendisnwhi has no clue how to make a character be badass,or to write a coskic character, touch the character, Hickman did a goodmjob and Im sure Ewing will also do a goodmj9b with him on Ultimates

You know that the last time Thanos was written somehow properly was the "Siege" during Secret Wars? Hickman wrote him as a simple psycho "lol death gets me hard"

Annihilation - era cosmic was fucking grand. Also, I don't see this talked about often, but how well is war of kings received? Do people like it or hate it?

Well for me War of Kings was like a deep breath after one disaster and before the next - I mean who cares about Inhuman/Shi'ar war when you just had weaponized Galactus about to destroy the universe and in a minute Shuma Gorath with friends come to visit. It was quite good cosmic adventure with awesome appearances by Warlock and Black Bolt, but pales in comparison by predecessing and following events.

>Stephen McFeely: I think the problem will be solved simply because he will be the villain, have lots of scenes, and you’ll understand his point of view. He’ll do lots of dastardly things. I’m not saying he’s not a challenge. He is, because he’s got so much power, but I guess find the, I’m using this in quotes, ‘the human underneath,’ but we’ll have the opportunity because he’ll have a lot of scenes.

>Christopher Markus: Yeah, and like any character, we’re going to learn about the character, not just as a villain. If you’ve got the guy taking you through more or less two movies, he can’t just be twisting his mustache the whole time.

Will the Cap writers make Thanos great again?

I dunno I didn't really care for it. It was a thing and Sup Forums doesn't really talk about it.

QUICK, Sup Forums. Marvel has put you in charge of fixing MCU cosmic marvel. How do?

Because they're Jews

I don't think I've ever seen anyone talk about it.
I don't remember much, desu. Only that Crystal got married to Ronan and BB killing Vulcan.
Star Trek but with muties.

>MCU cosmic marvel
You mean MU? MCU cosmic Marvel has exactly one movie so far.

We'll see. I'm eager to give them the benefit of doubt as for now.

well, he isn't wrong. GOTG was alright, it's biggest sin was the movie synergy shit that happened in the comics before and after the movie was in production/released

This. I suppoes people retroactively hate the movie for what Bendis did to the comic

Exactly. Bendis and Gunn did similar things to the guardians. But Bendis slacked off and half assed it.

Merge it with Star Wars

GOTG 2 now has the team wearing the costumes from DnA run, Star-lord wears his cool helmet. Due to movie synergy Bendis is now forced to write them like this.

The problem with Quill is that he isn't fucking Han Solo or Indiana Jones, he's a grizzled vet who have made sinister choices for the greater good before.

Until we see him like this in the movies it won't be good.

M-maybe they'll use one of these?

Fucking hell, the concept art for this movie is so good yet they went with the most basic costumes.

>he's a grizzled vet who have made sinister choices for the greater good
He'll become one at the end of the movie after they kill his waifu.

Because Starlin got old and can't write Thanos as an interesting character anymore, just as an insufferable Mary Sue.

Like him or not, he's one of the most famous and influential writers of the last 15 years that didn't come from Bongistan.

This. Thanos was once a complex and interesting character, with an unyielding will but the emotions of a child. Now thanks to the MCU he's just "Really bad space man." The Gauntlet never defined him, it was simply the magnum opus of his ambition.

I'm not going to agree with the other guy and call him a Mary Sue, you've got to admit, no one wanks Thanos quite as hard as Starlin does.

I won't argue, but the other author's take on him as a generic alien warlord just with a boner for high-school nihilism is much worse. And besides, Starlin made him a, well if you insist on the term, Mary Sue mostly in recent miniseries. There's not much difference in early Starlin's and Giffen's characterization.