Godzilla and other Kaiju comics

Does IDW have the rights to make a Gamera comic?
Are there any comic studios that can?

Other urls found in this thread:

comicvine.gamespot.com/gamera/4050-23394/
youtube.com/watch?v=bYzc3aMI-y4
scifijapan.com/articles/2015/05/10/godzilla-unmade-the-history-of-jan-de-bonts-unproduced-tristar-film-part-1/
scifijapan.com/articles/2015/05/17/godzilla-unmade-the-history-of-jan-de-bonts-unproduced-tristar-film-part-2-of-4/
scifijapan.com/articles/2015/05/24/godzilla-unmade-the-history-of-jan-de-bonts-unproduced-tristar-film-part-3-of-4/
scifijapan.com/articles/2015/05/31/godzilla-unmade-the-history-of-jan-de-bonts-unproduced-tristar-film-part-4-of-4/
mediafire.com/folder/ra45ysmyv18nb/Gamera_comics
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dark Horse published one in 1996. I don't know if they still have the license or not.

Do you have the name of the comic?

There was a recent Kaiju comic that was pretty cool called Kodoja.
It was a bio computer monster that suddenly went active and went on a rampage.
During which a prophecy was kicking in which Kodoja might be causing or preventing.

Stuff shot out rapidfire like an issue a week, which I'm sure I'd why it was b/w with kinda sketch lines around some things.
But it was still a pretty cool style.

Also Kodoja's covers were the bee's damn knees.

Fill up my Godzilla art folder, Sup Forums

>Do you have the name of the comic?
comicvine.gamespot.com/gamera/4050-23394/

Do Syfy level monster comics like Grizzly Shark get to be included?

I mean The Host is a Kaiju movie, and their monster was barely bigger than a minivan.

>Fill up my Godzilla art folder, Sup Forums

I recognize that artstyle

Current tablet lock screen background

So who was the best human lead?

Space Godzilla was way too OP in the video game

I owned the wii version

The one that took Godzilla out of the fight and then brought him back in.

Is that a Sperm Whale tooth?
I want his sword

>98 Zilla
>Gamera looking like he has frog legs
Is it as good as it looks?

Looks like a bargain bin B-SciFi movie to me

Actually a bootleg VHS cover for Gamera vs. Barugon. (God)zilla there is supposed to represent Barugon.

But don't take my word for it. In the German version of the movie, where this cover art was taken from, Gamera is called Barugon and Barugon is called Godzilla. So I've got no idea who is meant to be who and how Zilla factors into things.

>So who was the best human lead?
youtube.com/watch?v=bYzc3aMI-y4

>dub

Stokoe, a living God of art

Who is your waifu?

Stan Winston (RIP)'s Godzilla...

Godzilla rage against Time #2

>“I’ve recently been fortunate enough to get my shot at doing some narrative work for the big G and will be illustrating issue #2 (I think) of his up and coming series “Rage Against Time.” It’s similar to the “Godzilla: In Hell” series, where each issue is sort of a stand-alone with a new creative team while staying congruent to the over all theme of the series. So for R.A.T. each story will have the big guy emerge in a different timeline of civilized history. SPOILER: the timeline that I’ll be illustrating will pit Godzilla against the Greeks and due to the insurmountable odds their civilization is faceing look to the gods for assistance. That’s all I’m saying! Nope, sorry, I’ve already said too much. I’ve recently finished the cover and will start production here in mid June. I’m very excited, now the question remains… are you?” - Tadd Galusha

Ya know I never thought about it,
But do you think Zilla's head design played part in design for '14 Bear Godzilla?

And the monster he would have fought...

I think the thing with the host is that by classification of his origin, how he was made, counts as a kaiju

Also he still had room to grow bigger, it just died before it could

Godzilla just finished up swatting off angels and everything Hell had to offer.
What does Zeusy Zeus and the Funky Bunch gonna do to top that?

Release the Kraken?

>Almost hoof like feet
>No fingers or claws
How this fucker supposed to grip anything? 100% Mouth??

You not seeing the front arm? It's shown from an odd angle.

Oooh I see it now.

>Godzilla vs The Kraken
Please god. I need this.

Captain Gordon

I'd read a Sophie Campbell Gamera Vs. Garasharp or Vs. Barugon.

was this supposed to be the one where Godzilla fights "Gryphon"?

>posting my meme

Considering these pics are of Godzilla and the Gryphon, possibly.

why did it get cancelled?

There's like a whole history of American Godzilla movies that got canned. I forget why Gryphon got the axe, I think funds ran dry and someone else bought the rights so we got Tristar Godzilla.

That's an interesting story. The director, Jan de Bont really wanted to have the movie featuring two monsters, but Sony was afraid that two monsters would push the project over the estimated budget. They also thought that people wouldn't be interested in seeing an old-fashioned Godzilla. So they let go of the director and put the movie on hold for years until they found a new creative team they deemed more suitable.

Ironically, de Bont allegedly had a fixed deal with ILM to guarantee that the movie would not go over budget, no matter how elaborate special effects would be needed. Whereas Emmerich's movie did go over budget. Well done, Sony-TriStar!

I want a Skele-Turtle comic

>Sony was afraid that two monsters would push the project over the estimated budget
Good thing we have that Emoji moviefuckeverything

Man, Sony have been fucking up a lot longer than I thought...

Why is Gorosaurus so based?

Would Harryhausen rotate in his grave if they ever used his Kraken design in a Godzilla-related work?

Details...
scifijapan.com/articles/2015/05/10/godzilla-unmade-the-history-of-jan-de-bonts-unproduced-tristar-film-part-1/
scifijapan.com/articles/2015/05/17/godzilla-unmade-the-history-of-jan-de-bonts-unproduced-tristar-film-part-2-of-4/
scifijapan.com/articles/2015/05/24/godzilla-unmade-the-history-of-jan-de-bonts-unproduced-tristar-film-part-3-of-4/
scifijapan.com/articles/2015/05/31/godzilla-unmade-the-history-of-jan-de-bonts-unproduced-tristar-film-part-4-of-4/

>Well received by critics and audiences

I think I fought that in one of the recent Monster Hunter games.

Why are you questioning an axiom?

A what

Now he's useless in the ps4 Godzilla game

what a letdown

Anyone have the picture of Godzilla tearing down the Marvel and DC movies?

Because he's a kaiju with no real special powers, so he KANGAROO KICKS others

>clunky controls
>half the characters are stupidly OP
biollante burning Godzilla gigan
>characters no one asked for
larvae mothra larvae
>using the power ups takes too long because taunts
>wasting all those slots for what is essentially reskins
>half the monsters with no special abilities get their shit tossed angurius

I mean I still play it but come on

Man, that movie sounded cool. I admit I have a boner for Stan Winston's work, but it's pretty safe to say this movie would've been way better than what we got.

anyone?

mediafire.com/folder/ra45ysmyv18nb/Gamera_comics

you know what always bothered me as a kid? Godzilla VS "The Thing" because Mothra isn't a "thing". she's a giant moth. Orga is a "thing". Biollante is a "thing". Gigan is a weird as hell "thing". Mothra is just a giant bug which is really easy to wrap your head around and not nearly as interesting as this poster made her out to be

She's a giant moth Godess, not a hentai monster

My favorite part is Sony trying to add a "kid sidekick" monster, simply so they could make a spin off.

As informative as articles like these are, I at times feel they lack a more global perspective about the movies. I know this franchise was most prominent in Japan and the States, but I was always interested in learning about how things have gone down elsewhere, especially since foreign reception of movies seems like a relevant topic these days. And I know that outside of Japan and the US and some other places, where people really don't give much of a shit about Godzilla, G98 was and continues to be almost scarily influential and did remarkably well at the time.

This fandom sometimes feels like an echo-chamber with people often repeating the same opinions and facts about the movies' receptions, so it would be interesting to see a more in-depth review of the franchise's worldwide history from a broader perspective.

A lot of early advertising ran on bullshit. They could have promoted as "Godzilla fights this butterfly from that other movie you might not have seen", but that probably wouldn't have enticed considerable interest. Though they did pretty much gave away Mothra in the trailers (at least to those people who had seen or heard of the Mothra movie).

At least they kept her name in the movie, unlike for Gigantis.

>Orga is a "thing"

Orga is like a weird retard failed clone of godzilla
Orga is what would happen if Biollante and SpaceGodzilla took the wrong path down the cloning process

No one is doing anything with Gamera, really. Not until the next movie anyway.

wish there was a super big cross over event of giant monsters, mostly having the big man himself Ultraman and the ultra family as the ones that deal with the crisis.