/tpg/ - Twin Peaks General

Damn good Joe edition.

Meanwhile:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/QKpcFUyZ
youtube.com/watch?v=WuzYfUz5dNM
youtube.com/watch?v=N3pfOE0J23c
translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=search&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ja&sp=nmt4&u=http://egg.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/tv2/1463664531/&usg=ALkJrhj5rNH0bZqkRjKYfcQFazcJmbAItg
translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=search&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ja&sp=nmt4&u=http://egg.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/tv2/1494585026/&usg=ALkJrhgjuS8egnYI0qNSp8X4f2CQSL5KrQ
starbucks.com/menu/drinks/tea/green-tea-latte
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

pastebin.com/QKpcFUyZ

Dougie is complete pleb filter

I imagine Cole and Albert will return to the prison next episode with whoever they were talking about in episode 4. So probably Diane.

Underrated.

youtube.com/watch?v=WuzYfUz5dNM

I freaking love spooky synth music.

Coops coming back next week, right?

There's no way they're doing 18 episode of this autist Dougie shit, r-right?

They did a good job with this. I legit thought I was just seeing things when I first watched it.

Call for help

What's missing from Cooper's parrots that will jog his memory.

FBI, Laura Palmer, Diane, Twin Peaks? We got Agent and case file this go 'round.

How many episodes until Becky gets raped and killed?

>implying you don't want 13 beautiful more episodes of dougie

THE FUCKS ARE AT IT AGAIN

Next I hope. Seyfried sucks. "B-but she's hot", I don't give a fuck.

I figured the lost thing was the room key which is on its way back now

well now, we're not gonna talk about dougie
seriously, some other shit happened in that episode too

I don't. I know he's stretching it out because something really sad is going to happen to him while he's retarded.

I hope we get 12 more episodes of Autistic Dougie to filter out the plebs and normies.

I love the way his lips moved when he started talking

Um, people's lips move when they talk. Lynch didn't invent that too faggot.

you know what it is

heh..
the crows feet on this dude are equal to the amount on star wars bunnyfu

black and yellow
black and yellow
black and yellow
black and yellow

I laff everytime.

YOURE GOING TO BACK TO MISSOULA!

Will Maddy return from Montana this season, guys?

MONTENEGRO!!!!

2:30:

youtube.com/watch?v=N3pfOE0J23c

maddy was a mistake as a character. having sheryll lee walking around really diminished the impact of lauras death, and kinda broke the 4th wall for me

Imagine its your balls instead of those grapes

I am dead, yet I live

Freshly squeezed

I imagine it every night before bed.

>broke the 4th wall

Do you even know what the fuck you're talking about?

>Don't Die

David calm down

She isn't even hot though, especially in this scene. With her eyes so far apart she looks like an alien.

This was fucking hilarious. He's like a giant baby.

>ayys can't be hot

Like most Americans today then.

PISSFU IS BESTFU

yes its a very simple concept user

So the things missing from the Palmer case are the pages that Annie told her two write about the Good Coop being trapped in the Lodge right?

I'm with you there. She took 4th place in mean girls and MacFarlane juiced her up because Lacey Chabert flaked out on Family Guy.

Pretty spot on analysis.

The part about Twin peaks was close to my thoughts, I noticed there was a hermit-like disintegration going on with the town and the young people of the town are worse than the old residents. It's all decaying and getting more unwelcoming.

We can't rule out the bunny.

>Amerifats are so jaded that they needed someone to spell it out further

So what she constantly talked to the camera or looked at it? The tv screen is the fourth wall fuckstick.

The soap opera lookalike trope was in full effect, not to mention all the weird shit going on. But, no a Laura with black hair, made the illusion of immersion not work for you?

Holy shit you're a retard

METHFU.jpg

Go watch a shitty yuro show and quit riding our American dicks for a fucking fortnight Ian.

If you want my two cents, it's quite apt that Twin Peaks aired in 1990 and 1991. Then in 1992 Ruby Ridge happened. And after that, Waco and a revenge in the form of the Oklahoma city bombing. That was a turning point, and perhaps an old America now gone with the wind.
It's as if in those few years in the 90s, all the tensions between the people and State finally reached a boiling point. From that point forward, there has always been a lingering hostility between the two, as the State increasingly encroaches on the lives of people who used to live in relative freedom, as if the social contract was torn to shreds, and now only holds by a thread thanks to the complacency of the people and the might of State.

Real spoilers. Not a joke. Not a meme. Read at your own peril.

IT'S ALL A DREAM. ONLY ONE CHARACTER ON THE ENTIRE SHOW IS "REAL."

ALL WOMEN SHOULD BE CHOKED. ALL WOMEN SHOULD BE CHOKED. ALL WOMEN.

Is the Dancing Man/The Arm (same character?) a malevolent lodge spirit?

>State increasingly encroaches on the lives of people who used to live in relative freedom, as if the social contract was torn to shreds
lol not really we have more guranteed protections now than at any other time in the us

I mean he's being retarded but how the existence of maddy "Broke the fourth wall" still hasn't been explained.

I don't see how anyone can say that unless they just don't understand what the fourth wall means.

is there a dumber group of people than libertarians?

you got btfo

losing your suspension of disbelief is not the same as breaking the 4th wall

Fuck off commie and/or bootlicker

Guaranteed protections...
But is it not the case that in the past small communities, especially the likes of Twin Peaks, could live autonomously, self-governing, self-policing, self-sufficient in many ways besides the obvious inflow and outflow of goods and peoples? And what about today, do they still have those luxuries?

Is it dumb to want to preserve a part of life that your ancestors took for granted, but that now in the modern world is becoming increasingly difficult to protect?

no i meant more indirectly, having the same actress play multiple characters just reminds me im watching a tv show, and seems weird when the entire show revolves around a town losing that specific face.

I'm pretty sure we go on about this every thread but man I love kyle maclachlan this series. Acting with only your face and no dialogue isn't easy but he does a great job. Like you can see really clearly when he's dougie and when he has those flashes of coop.

More like neutral, the dopplegangers are the chaotic-evil ones. Imo the normal versions wanna keep the lodge balanced, while dopplegangers just wanna fuck shit up.
I wonder if there exists a white lodge version of them.

Okay but like the guy said before, that's not what the fourth wall means.

George Lucas detected.

lmao what are you retards talking about? libertarians literally believe in allowing industries to entirely regulate themselves. we already experimented with that during the industrial revolutions of the world and it was catostrophic every single time. so, so dumb, like babies
>statist
ah yes why would we want things like the SEC and consumper protection bureau when we can just trust corporations to have everyones best interest at heart? Why regulate education when we can just send our kids to McDonalds Academy?

>we have more guranteed protections now
check your privilege, white boi

>implying he's not a neoliberal

>bootlicker
do you understand how democracies work? you'd think you'd want the institutions that are directly answerable to the people to have some oversight over the industries that exist to exploit you...

When that guy actually really liked the green tea latte was pure LynchKino.

this is example of bad directing
>showing autistic Cooper for several episodes

Alright we get it MOVE ON WITH THE PLOT OLD FART

Really convinced me he had the best drink in the room.

L Y N C H E D

It never ceases to amaze me that someone who recognizes the utter depravity of human desires in free markets somehow thinks it won't happen once these people end up in government.

>More like neutral
That makes sense. He doesn't seem to want to help or hinder any of the humans - just present riddles to be solved, speculated about, etc.

Bob is undeniably chaotic evil, Mike is neutral-good, and the Giant is lawful good.

Can a green tea latte really be called "Damn Good". Also that is another word that Coop repeats that is related to his old life. FBI, Agent and Damn Good.

Not FBI. I meant Case Files.

>This show is like the green tea latte. You think you wanted coffee (the same old), but you get something new/different and end up loving it even more

Nice.

>you talk about the adverse effects of capitalism
>I talk about the adverse effects of big government

I'm aware of the madness of unbridled capitalism, my man. But most political elites today what just about the same thing in any case: open borders, unlimited immigration to fuel GDP and therefore their bank accounts, free markets that allow foreign investment to buy up all the companies and ship the jobs oversees, etc., etc. We all want a government that actually cares for ITS people, but of course that can never happen when the (((people))) in power don't share the same interests as the masses.

Anyway, now a mod is gonna warn me for going off topic.

>coffee = black
>green tea = green
>Coop wore black in original TP
>Coop wears green in The Return

Woah

Oh fugg. We've been Lynched

So I was wondering what the japs thought of the Twin Peaks since I've heard it had a bit of a following there when it first aired and it turns out that browsing 2chan through google translate is rather... difficult. It's a interesting to look through though. I'll post the links below if anyone wants to take a look. The first one is from before the new series started and the second is more recent.

translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=search&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ja&sp=nmt4&u=http://egg.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/tv2/1463664531/&usg=ALkJrhj5rNH0bZqkRjKYfcQFazcJmbAItg

translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=search&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ja&sp=nmt4&u=http://egg.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/tv2/1494585026/&usg=ALkJrhgjuS8egnYI0qNSp8X4f2CQSL5KrQ

The latte shoots that to hell though. The tea would appear creamy white. We do know Coop enjoyed his cups black though.

Awww shit niqqa.

I think this is a faulty analysis of Dougie, some kind of transference onto the character by that poster rather than a genuine insight.

Dougie is a fake person crafted by doppelcoop. Hence the way people even treat him like not a person indicate exactly that aspect of the character. It's not some amazing so-deep social commentary, it's a reflection in the eyes of others of the character of Dougie whom we do not know, since he basically turned into a marble after we met him. We didn't spend a year of viewing time in Dougie's shoes to understand the character in a more literal sense, so we have to understand the character in a figurative sense.

>governments
>directly answerable to the people

o i am laffin

How fun

Who are you quoting? Does that mean that we were losers when watching the original, but now we hit 29 jackpots and are now winners?

Shit analogy.

so when they said green tea latte, did they mean matcha latte?

what the fuck is a green tea latte? can someone explain this shit to me?

what a lovely turn of phrase

>Blackie looked black and white half-sexed but my younger sister Nancy is Latin

What the HECK did he mean by this?

>google green tea latte
>first result is a starbucks page for a green tea latte
>explains what a green tea latte is and what it includes

we live in the future user

its almost like a representative democracy is accountable to the people hurrr durrrrr its almost like child labor laws, overtime laws, consumer protection laws, work safety laws only exist because the will of the people is expressed through our government duhhh dummmm hurrrrrr

Nice story.

>of the Twin Peaks
>It's a interesting to look
Fuck, it seems like reading all this translated garble has broken my own English

Actually I get the first half, he's saying the black guy in the show looks mixed-race. Still no idea how that relates to his (adopted??) sister Nancy being of Latin descent

Btw, is 'Mr.Oshima' the jap equivalent of 'user'?

Yep, you got it.

starbucks.com/menu/drinks/tea/green-tea-latte

all i see is lies