How does Sup Forums feel about Sonic's redesign for the Sonic Boom TV series?

How does Sup Forums feel about Sonic's redesign for the Sonic Boom TV series?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1zosxGbUdLo
sonichu.com/cwcki/Sonic_Boom_Protests
youtube.com/watch?v=qDMMOPiSe5E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's okay
It's silly and overdesigned, but that's not as important as gameplay/design, which was far worse
or I guess in terms of Sup Forumsntent, plot and animation, which was actually pretty good

The show is good but the look is still crap.
Why all the bandages? Even on his shoes for some reason.

why are his arms fucking blue.

It's mostly allright the blue arms were a mistake though

SONIC'S ARMS ARE NOT BLUE, AND THEY SERIOUSLY CAUSE SENSORY OVERLOADS IN ME!!! PLEASE REMOVE ALL OF YOUR SONIC BOOM IMAGES, VIDEOS, AND THE TV SHOW ALTOGETHER FROM YOUR FACEBOOK, FROM YOUR CN WEBSITE, AND FROM YOUR CHANNEL IMMEDIATELY!!!

FOLLOW ME IN BOYCOTTING SONIC BOOM, UNTIL SEGA WISES UP, RECALLS EVERYTHING AND CHANGES HIS ARM COLOUR BACK, NOW!!!

It's sports tape. If you look it up, it's actually an incredibly common practice to tape the shoes when running for various safety and performance reasons. The rest of the sports tape is also for the same safety reasons, like for example how they usually use their hands to support/slow them down when skidding on the ground after landing.

SHIT UP LIQUID CHRIS. I'M THE REAL CHRIS.

They were always supposed to be blue, but the Sega Genesis couldn't do that great of a job of distinguishing his atms from the rest of him, so they made them tan.

In reality he stopped shaving them because it was too much of a hassle

You'd have to pay me to even pretend to give a fuck.

>Sonic as a character and as a franchise is one giant joke at this point
>Sega can't kill him since he's their iconic character, even though he'll never be a major success again
>post people see the franchise as a relic of a bygone era taken over by a fandom of austimal misfits
>Sonic is slowly dying and taking Sega with him
>the games were never even that great to begin with
>Sega has to force their developers to jew for DLC in their games to make money (the Total War games)
>was once part of the big three console manufacturers and was a titan of the industry, now its a second rate PC publisher

Being Sega is pain

DON'T

youtube.com/watch?v=1zosxGbUdLo

Chris has really gone off the deep end.

Hey, DUMBASS! YOU WISH YOU WERE ME! I would say YOU are Stuck... IN MINUS-SECOND-GEAR!

I am Calling YOU OUT!

14 Branchland Ct. Ruckersville, VA BEFORE August 2, 2009. If you really WANT to be me, then Come Face Me.

oh, BTW, YOUR NASAL VOICE IS MORE GRATING THAN THE WORD "NAIVE", and METAL NAILS ON THE CHALKBOARD.

But "Naive" is even WORSE than NAILS.

You are a Nerd and a Whimp!

Have a good day.
Christopher Christian Weston Chandler

SHUT UP. SONIC BOOM RUINED SONIC.

Just get in the plane

>BBRBTRUP BERP BERP BERP BERP
Fucking kill me!

SHUT UP I'M GONNA STEAL YOUR GIRL

Although fans always over exaggerate sonic's current state, he's actually doing just fine. None of his games have been A's, but aside from only two or three glitchfests in the entire decade, they've all been at the very least a solid B-, which is more than most franchises can say.

The main problem with Sega is actually their decision to focus on mobile gaming now, and they clearly don't know how to do that looking at their terrible business model for the actually good Sonic Runners, which is now a commercial failure thanks to them.

>overdesigned shit
>when the TV series precisely is the opposite and just casual fun

Thats what they get for making a shit character with an even shittier design.
Can someone photoshop the lego sonics arms blue, and then we can convince chris that legos making a blue armed variant?

If you do not come clean right now, I am going to get my father in on this further, and you are going to get fucking arrested, thrown in jail, and you will not get to live the peaceful, happy life that Kacey and I would like you to live because Kacey really cares for you MAN!

flagged for terrorism

I only just heard and seen the ugly change a few weeks ago, and I had too many other stresses going on to act earlier.
Why do I feel this way?

The same reason why many people feel Michael Jackson should not have had to change his color. Would you want to change your skin detail, just for a "change of image" or an "insecurity of self-concept"?

I would not even commit suicide ever, because of how low in self-confidence and self-esteem I have been feeling for YEARS. I'm going to eventually pass natural.

So let's get Sonic's arm color changed back!

>sonic lego
what were they thinking?

BRB, vandalizing Gamestop.

"Man, Sonic fans sure will buy anything that has Sonic's face in it."

So exactly do the blue arms trigger him? Is it because he fells its insulting sonics image?

people were triggered by this.

but he wears gloves

SONIC'S ARMS ARE NOT BLUE, AND THEY SERIOUSLY CAUSE SENSORY OVERLOADS IN ME!!! SEGA NEEDS TO RECALL EVERYTHING SONIC BOOM AND CHANGE SONIC'S ARM COLOUR BACK IMMEDIATELY!!!

FOLLOW ME IN BOYCOTTING SONIC BOOM, UNTIL SEGA WISES UP, RECALLS EVERYTHING AND CHANGES HIS ARM COLOUR BACK, NOW!!!

Join My Group, FIX SONIC'S ARMS IMMEDIATELY, SEGA!!!, and Sign Our Petition NOW!!!

join fixSonicsArmsImmediatelySEGA on facebook!

Follow My Lead to Force SEGA to Wise Up and Fix Their Greatest Mistake Ever!!!

To be fair it's also because they changed Dante from cocky asshole who doesn't give a shit to angsty asshole who's doesn't give a shit and also a teenager.

sonichu.com/cwcki/Sonic_Boom_Protests

>Why Chris has such a bizarre distaste for such a minor, insignificant detail in the first place is still up for speculation.

A lot of people were bothered by it

I don't give two shits about Sonic, but let me tell yah: Blue arms is a great choice, and it was stupid to have them tan in the first place. His fur isn't a fucking tank top.

He's also wearing shoes, but he still has tape on those. It provides increased grip and protects his gloves from being torn to shreds among other things.

I could do without the scarf. The bandages are acceptable, but some sort of combat or worker gloves would had been better. The hair is perfect. The face is perfect. His legs are a little bit too long.

My biggest gripe with with Knuckles. He looks like a dumbass.

Knuckles design is an odd one. You hate it at first, but overtime it really grows on you for some reason.

>He looks like a dumbass.
He is a dumbass.

I hope Shadow doesn't come back. I liked how they played Eggman off of him with the supervillain worship (I've always been a sucker for that), but the general seriousness of that episode came out of nowhere and didn't fit.

People were triggered by the removal of Superman's outside-undies. They remained triggered when DC gave him red highlights that had the same aesthetic effect without looking as silly.

People hate change. Even change that doesn't change anything.

Why are autists more attracted to sonic than any other character?
What makes him so special?

Why are horses dicks more attracted to ur mom than any other character?
What makes her so special?

I'm a Sonic fan. Suffice to say I don't like it. However I do think the show is decent.

Chris Chan loves Sonic
Chris Chan loves Lego
Ultimate autismo dollarinos

mom pls stop posting on Sup Forums

I think it has to do with simplified designs that still allow for characters be easily differentiated from one another. It somehow gets around the difficulties that a lot of autistic people have with recognizing others. Same deal with MLP.

and also anime

I genuinely prefer it.

I wouldn't mind if it wasn't for the brown scalf? Like why brown? Of all colors, BROWN? Why not red and make it long like Cyborg 009?
It just looks weird with brown.

Also fix the shoes.

I know this is slightly off-topic, but what's a good jumping off point for the main Sonic comic series? 250? Later?

This thread should help:

Underrated post.

You forgot that the game was just plain bad on top of that.

autists have a really strong aversion to change, no matter how insignificant

This video sums up perfectly why some people don't like the blue arms:
youtube.com/watch?v=qDMMOPiSe5E

CALL

His arms were tan to distinguish them from his torso.

Same reason Mario wears overalls.

Pill popping Christ. I need a fucking shower.

Thanks, user. That was a good resource.

No problem, glad to help!

Honestly not any worse than Sonic has looked since 1999. I don't even notice the difference immediately.

It's fine. I like that it exagerated his legs since his main feature is running. Also it's the first time in a while that he's looked spiny.

Who wouldn't be triggered by the blue arms?

it's a better design
it just isn't sonic

kinda reminds me of all the sonic adventure games and on, the world they designed here.. it's not a bad world, it's just bad for sonic. the humans look wrong, the buildings and cars and everything are wrong. just WRONG.

the biggest issue with knux was smushing in his nose. even worse than when they did it to tails (it almost suits him, being a little kid and all)
he needs a snout

Somehow I never even noticed Knuckles' nose until you pointed it out.

Tails always had a smushed nose though.

Sega ruined Company of Heroes 2; I'll never forgive them for that.

I prefer his modern design, or legacy design as Sega is calling it these days, but I don't really have a problem with Boom Sonic's design.

I'm just banking on this being successful enough to warrant more stuff in this style.

Down with the green-eyed menace.

>I am going to get my father in on this
Chris-chan as a necromancer, oh fuck.

It's dumb but to be honest modern Sonic's design was always kind of dumb. When I think "Sonic" I see his modern design but I have to say I'm starting to like short/classic Sonic more and more.

Also the blue arm thing never really bugged me. You could make the argument that tan arms make them stand out more but the gloves already kind of work for that so meh.

It's alright, but it would have looked much better in 2D.