I don't get it. Is "The Rusty Venture Show" a cartoon or a documentary in the show's universe?

I don't get it. Is "The Rusty Venture Show" a cartoon or a documentary in the show's universe?

I take it Doctor Venture actually went on all those adventures as a kid, so why is the show itself portrayed like it's a Hanna-Barbera/Jonny Quest-style cartoon? Shouldn't it really be filmed documentary-style if we're following him around on his adventures?

It's more of an entertainment biographic with a dose of corporate propaganda.

This.

>Is "The Rusty Venture Show" a cartoon or a documentary in the show's universe?

It's a cartoon. They make mention of it as a cartoon on multiple occasions.

The Rusty Venture 'cartoon' is more or less exaggerated 'animated' retellings of Jonas Venture's adventuring/scientific exploits, but marketed through his son's image as a Saturday morning cartoon, likely as a means of gaining more capital through royalties. And kids of the 60s were sure to eat that shit up.

>And kids of the 60s were sure to eat that shit up.
Boy did they.

Next season when?

Spring 2018, assuming [AS] doesn't fuck something up for Doc and Jackson like they did with Brendon Small.

question is.. what happened in-universe with scooby-doo? they have mentioned the characters are real people, but how much of the cartoon represents them? is the talking dog not real?
get specific, what are you talking about? when did he say he couldnt bring someone back?

I don't get it. Orpheus said he couldn't bring him back because "necromancer" is just a cool sounding title, but earlier he definetly tried and thought he brought Hank and Dean back to life and commented he did the same for Reagan and others.

oh that
uhh remind me of the context.. because yeah he definitely can do it. and i don't recall him going to orpheus with this

Yeah, I forgot the picture. It was when 21 wanted him to bring 24 back to life at the start of either season 3 or 4.

I think it was just a ruse to politely turn Gary down because Gary probably lacked adequate compensation. He doesn't do that shit for free. He had rent to pay.

It was the same episode he went to Doc to clone 24 and offered a mint condition comic book as payment.

>>Spring 2018
Optimistic little scamp, aren't you. Try Summer 1905, yes, they wait so long time restarts itself.

this. I always assumed it was re-enactment of their adventures filmed

What was the point of killing off 24?

To not get sued by Ray Romano

same reason we do everything, pinky
subversion for subversion's own sake

To get some big ass character growth for 21.

I thought he just confirmed there was no ghost around him, not that he couldn't revive him

No, that's Operation PROM. I'm talking about Blood of the Father, Heart of Steel.

The last time this show was good was from before they split up airing Season 4

Unfollow me if you disagree

I always got the impression that reviving the dead is a pain in the ass and Orpheus just didn't want to bother, so he told Gary it was impossible to get him to go away.

Don't fucking remind me.

He got 2 fucking million from a private backer, willing to spend that money to see the ending of metalocalypse and [AS] still fucking said no. 2 fucking million in free money, and still said no.

What the fuck.

>Unfollow me if you disagree

They both mean the same thing.

>I thought he just confirmed there was no ghost around him, not that he couldn't revive him

Correct. We know Orpheus can travel into the realm of the dead and search for souls like he did for Hank and Dean at the start of season 2. He even cleared up the Indian burial ground issue. It may just be that for him to interact with a soul, it still has to be stuck in the realm of the living.

I bet that skull doesn't belong to 24, let me elaborate.

>21 and Monarch go to venture tower to fuck shit up or whatever
>they split up because the tower is a fucking labyrinth
>21 finds time machine that Jonas Jr. invented but hid because "TOO MUCH POWER FOR ONE PERSON!"
>goes back to save 24 and tosses a laboratory skeleton in his place
>brings 24 to present

Maybe they crossed paths with groovy gang, got killed, and then replaced by their killers.

Orpheus was clearly just blowing him off. Why would he put in the effort to revive a Monarch Henchman? He's seen them slaughtered by the thousands. He probably expects that the guy would probably get wasted before leaving the compound.

they hated doing his voice (as in it physically was a pain to do his voice)

The Scooby gang is real.

One of the other members of Rusty's support group got an STD from Velma.

I hadn't heard this. What is mike lazzo?