Has a single person on Sup Forums seen The Prisoner?

Has a single person on Sup Forums seen The Prisoner?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UqqtTjgitdY
youtube.com/watch?v=zE-EMinj69o
bigfinish.com/releases/v/the-prisoner-volume-01-1181
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2pC1JKwn0Bi2y4v6D6fkrf9roSDrEgcx
youtube.com/watch?v=YiRzrgRatJY
youtube.com/watch?v=LSI0HU6io7I
www103.zippyshare.com/v/UpLy5eHr/file.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Made me want a Caterham.

I don't think so. Is it a movie or a tv show?

questions are a burden for others, answers are a prison for oneself

I saw the first like five or six episodes

DEM BONES DEM BONES

TV.

the ending really confused me the first time

Who is number one?

Yes. It was quite good.

My all time fav. It's a true tragedy that Patrick McGoohan never managed to be in a five star movie. He elevates everything he's in but every movie he's in is just mediocre (with the exception of Braveheart which is good).

Yeah, I just watched the series with my brother a few weeks ago. It was bretty gud for the most part. The opening is amazing, one of the few show openings I've never skipped while binging.

Also, I searched all over the internet, and it seems that no one else has noticed the fact that Inception was clearly inspired by the episode "A B and C".

i still want a shitty little lotus because of that show

*unpopular opinion"

i liked the AMC reboot more than the campy original.....

One of my favorite shows of all time. I occasionally try to start threads but they never go anywhere.

Any similar recs?

I'm a person, not a number.
Anyway the end sucks more than anime endings, and it's not small feat.

ugh. now THAT was garbage. under 25 detected.

Are you retarded?

if you were old enough to remember the 80s yould understand living under constant fear of nuclear annihiliation was how they contained & controlled us before the post-modern terrorism took hold.

Danger Man
The President's Analyst
Neon Genesis Evangelion
The comics of Grant Morrison

youtube.com/watch?v=UqqtTjgitdY

>not playing this before every epsiode

>Danger Man but not The Saint
hellloooOOOOOooo

Who said I am not?
Actually I don't think there is anyone under 40 ITT.

back innnnn the villllage

Fuck off gramps, I'm only 37.

>We can rebuild him
>We have the parts
Good show. Really ahead of it's time. Especially the opening scene with all the doors and the phone booth.

I'm the worlds leading authority on The Prisoner (1967), AMA

>You
>have
>been
>poisoned

Kinda like the feeling emtering most threads on Sup Forums

I'm OP, and 20.

Who is the best Number 2?

>I AM NOT A NUMBER!
>I AM A FREE MAN!
>*laughter*

In a "british scifi from before Star Wars" similarity UFO is a good series. Not thematically similar but esoterically. Plus if you ever played the old XCom pc game its comfy as fuck.

>I'm the worlds leading authority on The Prisoner

I'm not, but I did once see a documentary about it. I didn't think it was possible to feel so covetous about Mokes.

You are number 83665348.

MAGA

Why didn't he just answer their questions an told them why he retired?

youtube.com/watch?v=zE-EMinj69o

Who are you?
The new number two.
Who is number one?
You are number six.
I am not a number, I am a free man!

>amerikuk detected

he was a free man. duh.
free men cannot be bound, only restrained. maybe in another 100 years your people will relearn what it means to be free..

tfw closer to 40 than 20 and been on Sup Forums a third of your life

Depends what you mean by "best".

The three female No. 2's were the most evil:

- Rachel Herbert trolled No. 6 by pretending to be a cute East European maid who helped him campaign for the office of No. 2 himself, but it was all a bizarre exercise to break his mind

- Georgina Cookson trolled no. 6 even harder by allowing him to escape only so that he could be recaptured, also to break his spirit (Many Happy Returns)

- Mary Morris was just an extremely evil old woman in "Dance of the Dead" (good performance, one of the best episodes)

The male No. 2's were all either failures, slightly camp comedy characters, or oddly sympathetic

wtf? I'm calling the police.

but he clearly wasn't free and if he had nothing to hide he should have just answered the question

Has anyone listened to the audio plays?
bigfinish.com/releases/v/the-prisoner-volume-01-1181

I watched and I don't remember much by now. I remember I had a really dumb English teacher who had stickers with quotes from that show on his stuff.

1. He wasn't ever sure, from the start to the end of the show, who was asking. He didn't know whether the Village was run by his own side or the other side. It's implied that he resigned because he found out something that his own side were doing which he disagreed with (morally) and he didn't want to let the "wrong" side know what he knew. - because (and this is pure speculation) it might have upset the global balance of power.

2. "Why did you resign" was the first question he was asked when arriving in the Village. Commonly in interrogation an "easy" question is asked at the start & then incrementally more invidious questions follow from there. - No. 6 was aware of this and had clearly resolved not to give anything away at all.

ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE

GIVE IT TO ME, BABY

He's a fierce individualist and they clearly don't have his best interests in mind.

If THEY wanted to know there simply was no way he'd willingly tell them just as a fuck you.

I was until I found out it was a remake instead of 'unseen adventures' & my interest completely evaporated.

Sorry Nick, I love BF but you made the wrong choice with The Prisoner.

1. You need to watch the last 4 episodes again. 6 resigns *because* he learns of the Village and wants to find all the traitors to freedom whatever side theyre on.

>the language of slavery

FIRST they came for the Jews...
try learning what that means. just try for once. i dare you to grow a pair and learn something.

I had the impression that if he would answer the question, he would give up is individuality.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2pC1JKwn0Bi2y4v6D6fkrf9roSDrEgcx
youtube.com/watch?v=YiRzrgRatJY
youtube.com/watch?v=LSI0HU6io7I
www103.zippyshare.com/v/UpLy5eHr/file.html

"Number Two protects our citizens internally, as Number Three my duty is protect the Village from external problems."

there's nothing wrong with slavery as long as your master is a benevolent one

There aren't?

Damn that's a good point.

Except for having no way to ensure they'll actually be benevolent

I still have the DVD box set
Top tier television

I did

I liked the western episode

You need to watch the whole show again m8. To start with, of the last 4 episodes, one is a pseudo Western ("Living In Harmony") during which nothing about the "real" No. 6 & his resignation are discussed directly (only metaphorically), and the other one is "The Girl Who Was Death" which is a joke episode set in 1960s London, during which the reason for No. 6 resigning isn't touched on *at all*.

So when you say the last 4 episodes, I think you mean the two-part finale, with Leo McKern as No. 2. There is nothing in either part that confirms the reason for No. 6 resigning other than his simple statement "peace... Peace of mind". Nothing that supports what you said in any way - everything you wrote is speculation. There is a scene where No. 2 watches a recorded compilation rant of No. 6 saying he's going to come back & wipe the occupants of the Village off the face of the Earth, but this is stuff 6 said in earlier episodes, while he was in the Village, & doesn't support what you said either.

Resigning because he found out about the Village itself in an interesting fan theory only, I'm afraid

Who is the best Number 2?

The HD restoration is great

tfw closer to 50, and fourchan is my only family

Certainly I've seen it.

Be seeing you.

I watched the Reboot because it seemed promising but, I was just "what?".
Why would this be worth watching?

The reboot was trash. The original is worth watching as it's classic kino.

But you see, my pickle is with an unclear ending which I fear this one may have as well.

Ok yeah in that case don't watch it as the star was also the writer and he didn't have an ending so he spent like a week locked in a house high af writing the finale and it shows.

>my pickle is with an unclear ending

Nah don't worry about it mate, the ending is very satisfying.

You can trust me.

Do not believe his lies.

> When the last episode came out in England, it had one of the largest viewing audiences, they tell me, ever over there, because everyone wanted to know who Number One was, because they thought it would be a ‘James Bond’ type of Number One. When they did finally see it, there was a near-riot, and I was going to be lynched. And I had to go into hiding in the mountains for two weeks, until things calmed down.
McGoohan in 1977

where can I see it? I have a prime account and the netflix.

I think a lot of people don't really understand Number 6 as a character.

He resigned for his own reasons; "It was a matter, of conscious!" It doesn't matter what the specifics are, they aren't important, it's the principle of the thing. If the Village kidnapped him to find out what he ate for breakfast 3 days ago, he would still refuse to cooperate because he will never bow to tyranny. Number 6 constantly is trying to escape and thwart every attempt to break him, but as the series explains, you can never escape the Village because it's just a metaphor for the entire world. You are your own worst enemy because the evils of the world lie within you. The temptations of society, government, drugs etc can and WILL transform you into what you most hate if you give in to those temptations. You have to stand and fight, never backing down and never surrendering your principles.

yeah, it gave me nightmares as a kid when i watched it with my dad
that fucking rover was spooky

Oh, that guy was in Ice Station Zebra which I never saw but was Howard Huges favorite movie.

All true. It was the original idea of the co-creator, along with the idea that 6 had originally proposed the Village in his younger more firebrand days and this would end up being #1.
It's a nice logical conclusion and it makes me very glad that he left the show before it ended so we could instead get the far out, metaphorical ending that the show truly needed.

He was the absolute best thing about braveheart though. By a wide margin.

WATHC SCANNERS FUCKING PLEB

Yes, it's one of my favourite television shows.

I really hate the villagers, they dress like fags and their music sucks.