Nightwing Rebirth #1 Preview(s)

Unlettered Previews for both Nightwing Rebirth and Nightwing 1 just came out

Other urls found in this thread:

comicvine.gamespot.com/articles/first-look-nightwing-1/1100-155646/
comicvine.gamespot.com/articles/first-look-nightwing-rebirth-1/1100-155645/
dccomics.com/blog/2016/06/09/sisters-in-crime-fighting-julie-and-shawna-benson-guide-batgirl-and-the-birds-of
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Love how much this continues from grayson

and that's all, just 3 more weeks I think

Bump

Who is the artist here? Marche?

this looks like paquette

There you go Damian lovers

The art isn't my favorite. But I am so fucking glad the blue suit is back!

unreasonable interested in this considering it's Nightwing and more reverting back.

Well I'm hyped for it.

Javier.
>comicvine.gamespot.com/articles/first-look-nightwing-1/1100-155646/

>comicvine.gamespot.com/articles/first-look-nightwing-rebirth-1/1100-155645/

I'd prefer gold and red or white and blue to be opinionated

His forehead in the top right panel is way to big, it just looks bad. The rest looks fine though.

Paquette?

yeah, he's just doing the one shot

WOW, now I'm desperate to read this to find out what that thing is.
Because it just can't be a whistle with a nutsack connected to the end.

What's that thing? A whistle?

Missed a page

Damifag is banned, though

Needs fingerstripes though.

Grayson fell off so fucking hard with those last 5 or so issues. Isn't there a Grayson annual coming out this month?

He is not an ongoing type of person. The last ongoing he did was Snyder's Swamp Thing and he had to have a fill-in artist a lot of times.

yeah, by the filler writers. It's suppose to set up the batrgirl and birds of prey book and end with giving her the new costume.

Why does that look like a scrotum

Yes he's doing the Rebirth oneshot

Makes sense considering how prone Dick is to molestation and raep.

>lead in directly from Grayson
>back in Gotham
>Batman and Batgirl cameos
>blue suit
>Court of Owls

This fucking shit is gonna be HYPE

Sounds horrendous

There was a intesting on DC about that book, and it least has me interested now. They explained that the new Batgirl run is a flashback that takes place in the summer while Nightwing and Birds of Prey take place in the fall. Good way of explaining continuity.

I know Grayson started working for The Owls after Robin War.

But is this the first time they've talked about it since then?

interesting interview* I mean

I think so

Yep, King said they wanted to continue it in Grayson but Rebirth happened.

Dick Grayson stll being a traitor, some things never change

Their relationship is really the greatest thing ever.

Source it

this page is supposed to go between and

dccomics.com/blog/2016/06/09/sisters-in-crime-fighting-julie-and-shawna-benson-guide-batgirl-and-the-birds-of

The face in this makes it look like hes got downs.

But that is deff an ass to go down on.

Not Paquette's best work, but it still has some nice style to it.

>Page 2
>The butt shots already started
Noice!

Didn't Middy leave the Garden for good? Or did they decide to have him use it as a zoo?

Not Paquette's best work by any stretch.

Jav.Fernandez puts some nice panels together but those fiveheads are ridiculous

Losing Grayson for more Owls garbage is just so disappointing.

>still has Tiger
>still has Middy
Only thing I cared about, definitely getting this book.

Is this a flashback, or is Grayson helping Tiger just because he can? Does Tiger even remember him?

We'll have to wait until the lettered preview

For the first time in my life, I'm more hype for Nightwing than Batman.

Didn't Helena make a list with people who'll remember him or something? I'm assuming Tiger and Midnighter were there too.

I doubt she put Tiger on the list but the mindwipe was a Macguffin, so I'm not gonna stress about who remembers what

Yeah, there's a list of exceptions. She doesn't specifically say WHO is on the list either, so it allows anyone who needs to remember him for plot reasons to make the cut.

I seriously doubt that it will be brought up again. It was just a way to wipe the slate clean so they just came up with some magic satellite bullshit.

Especially considering that both Tiger and Midnighter are pretty much aliases. Not that I really care about the mind wiping list.

I mean, Seeley is the one who wrote the satellite in and he's not Bendis, I don't think he would ignore his own continuity.

damian you little shit i love you

Well, the God Garden is in space so it might be out of reach. Also, it's a thought suppression system, so maybe people with strong minds and/or people equipped with hypnos or other technological shielding might not be affected.

I didn't read Grayson. How will/did they get around the Crime Syndicate unmasking him to the whole world?

See

Damian is completely going to sucker punch his dad.

He's a great character, and I don't think it could have been pulled off outside of the legacy. He's not a 'good guy,' but still a good guy. Plus being a young one he has a lot of room to learn and mature.

If he was an X-men character they never would have brought him back.

isn't that the spyral guy from Batman Inc?

Yes

Read Grayson.
It's the best Dick has been in years.
Quite possibly the best thing to come out of the New 52.

but what about the people that watched the broadcast?

They basically just ignored it. They gave him magic contacts that let him disguise his identity, but no one cared that his identity got exposed in the first place so it was all kind of pointless.

for clarity (though I know you were being flippant) they were alien technology not magic

>cutting off the preview right before Damian sucker punches his own dad

Fuck you, DC

Maybe the Owls are a new organisation for him to try and dismantle?

whatever the case the only thing turning me off about these previews is the art on the second one

We've already had him deal with the Owls in the New 52. Hell, Bruce dealt with them even more. They aren't interesting enough in my opinion to carry another story just by becoming some generic secret world wide organization when DC is littered with organizations like that, especially given how successful the Batman Owls stories were.

Do we really have to return to the status quo? Having Dick be 007 with a dash of Batman was cool, not to mention new.

I'm sure a few years they'll feel compelled to have a new thing for Dick so he'll feel fresh and new again for a couple years and also have a good book

MIDDY
I
D
D
Y

I am just glad Dick and Damian are confined in this book and the rest of the batfamily in TEC.

This way King can focus on Batman.

It's not really status quo since he's an agent of the Owls now.

Dick got too interesting, user.

But really most of Dick's best stuff are not solo Nightwing stuff. What's up with that.

I think it'd be cool to see classic Nightwing as a front Dick uses in all of his other appearances like Titans and Batman, but the Nightwing we see in his own comic is actually Grayson 007 just using Nightwing as a cover to fool the Owls as he works to dismantle them from the inside.

Because Nightwing is a super generic and dull character when he is just doing his Daredevil or Batman impersonation. Plus DC doesn't value the Nightwing brand very much. They mainly use it to test out young talent then move that talent onto a better book once they prove themselves.

Why the hell would she leave Tiger on there?

She knows they are boyfriends

Because Flying Graysons are at their best without a safety net.

Seriously, Dick's at his best when Bruce is out of the picture. He was awesome as Batman when they thought Bruce was dead and the Grayson story was at its best post-Endgame and pre-creative team change when Bruce had amnesia.

>Snyder
>King
>Janin

A-at least Seeley stayed...

Seeley was supposed to be the only writer, but DC's office is so incompetent that they accidentally put two writers on the same book without telling them

Maybe I'm remembering shit wrong but at the DC Rebirth announcement event thing I'm sure someone said that the series was going to be subtitled Nightwing: Better than Batman. Did I just imagine that or am I remembering shit wrong?

The Dickening is upon us.

Better than Batman is the name first arc

All the arcs have names in the solicit now

While the OP text is correct, something'wrong with the subject.

It should be:
>Nightwing Rebirth  Unlettered Previews

Will this be the definitive Nightwing comic (if you loved Grayson, that is)?
If he actually comes off as Better than Batman tm, I'd say so.

First three pages and Dick's already met his 3 top tier husbandos

>Damian
>his husbando

Dick is Damian's husbando, not the other way around.

Nightwing is not a priority for DC Comics. Many writers over the years have spoken out at conventions about having their pitches for Nightwing and the Titans denied by DC editorial again and again. Morrison wanted to reboot the Titans back in the 90s, but was pushed to do JLA instead. Waid lobbied repeatedly for the Nightwing title and was denied again and again. Johns too. DC Comics doesn't care about Dick people.

Dixon wrote Nightwing back when Batman was more down to Earth. Also, he used his best ideas in Green Arrow, Robin, and Batman and Nightwing and BoP got scraps.

Grayson got editorial runarounds, got too involved in bullpen politics, and fucked up by rehashing old Daredevil and generic crime fiction tropes. Also, her fetishes leaked all over the place.

Jones' run defies explanation.

Wolfman really just wanted to write a new Vigilante series.

Tomasi was probably told to not make waves and keep the book afloat till Morrison was ready to start B&R.

Dick was good as Batman because DC finally put a top tier writer on his book. And they did that only because he was going to be Batman.

Snyder was a fluke. They tested him out and it turned out amazing. Of course they took him off Dick's book when he started getting press.

SeeKing was a happy accident too. And now that King is a critically acclaimed writer, he's off Dick's title as well.

If Seeley's run is decent to mediocre he'll be on Nightwing for years to come. If his run turns out to be the greatest thing ever, he'll be moved over to Batman (or a different big 7 hero) within 30 issues.

VERY noice

The other side to that is DC knows mediocre Dick Grayson comics will still sell so they aim for the middling bullshit we've gotten for years.

In my experience most people swear by the Dixon stuff but don't realize how derivative the whole spiel is.

Yeah but no fingerstripes

Will I be able to jump on with these issues? I'm honestly more interested in this and Titans than batman or the JL.

You might want to read Grayson first since this seems to continue off of that some

But Seeley may make this more accessible

Posting the unlettered previews of Nightwing Rebirth #1 and Nightwing #1 in the correct order as single images because OP fucked up.

FIN