You have to read the book to understand the film!

>You have to read the book to understand the film!

Fact: If you can't tell your story within three hours of film time or across several movies, it isn't worth telling Booktards.

Reading books is fucking boring

>mfw Alien:Covenant the book explains all the missing details of Alien:Covenant the movie

this booklets are pathetic

>You have to watch the film to understand the book!

Has this ever happened?

don't breed.

Booktards can't comprehend having a fixed time limit rather than cramming everything into exposition.

The prequels

>tfw i didn't understand inception or donnie darko.

I just call them over-rated when anybody talks about them.

>I didn't get it
>You need to read the wiki!

This shit needs to stop.

Isn't reading books for nerds and girls?

Those were a case of "watch the cartoon."

Reading is for fucking nerds, no way I am doing that shit

>You have to read the book to understand the film!
It's the exclamation point on the end that gets me. Whenever I say that it's with the slow head shake of depression. A bad movie is a bad movie and a good book is a good book. Just let it go mang.

No the books actually tried to explain a lot of the retarded shit in the movies

I thought that No Country for Old Men handled the source material very well. Most of the stuff that's in the book is implied or indirectly shown in the movie.
in the book, there's a scene where Chiggur shoots Carla Jean, where as in the movie it just shows him checking his boots for blood when he leaves
There are other examples, but that's one of the better ones.

Does the book explain why a master assassin didn't look left and right before crossing an intersection?

I've heard both, from the same person on seperste occasions responding to different complaints. Is it safe to say the cartoons and books exist for both the obvious financial gain and to clean up the mess that was those films?

The car ran a stop sign, he probably thought it was going to stop

Just make it an HBO series.

Pretty sure they exist only for financial gain, to exploit people who will buy anything

dumb frogposter

We all know how that goes.

I mean, I'm sure the ASoIaF books are junk literature (haven't read them), but I'm sure they're nit as stupid as the TV show.