Why did this mediocre as fuck flick get raving reviews, with its ham-fisted dialogue, premise, and cardboard characters?

Why did this mediocre as fuck flick get raving reviews, with its ham-fisted dialogue, premise, and cardboard characters?

Ares, taking the form of a British old man with no character development or intrigue is causing WW2 by forcing literal whos to make 6 MILLION GAS BOMBS, and when he dies the war is over??? There's no other way to destroy the bombs other than the spy character whos name I forgot sacrificing himself? that plane doesn't have an eject feature with a parachute? what the fuck was that ares design? why was he so fucking irrelevant the whole movie, was I supposed to care that he was defeated having next to no influence on the movie? Film criticism is dead.

Other urls found in this thread:

wearyourvoicemag.com/more/entertainment/gal-gadot-wonder-woman-white-feminist-hero
affinitymagazine.us/2017/04/01/gal-gadot-is-a-zionist-but-white-feminists-choose-to-not-care/
villagevoice.com/2017/05/30/despite-some-appealing-misandry-wonder-woman-cant-avoid-a-mansplaining/
straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/tv-reboots-fail-on-big-screen
slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2017/06/02/i_wish_wonder_woman_were_as_feminist_as_it_thinks_it_is.html
edition.cnn.com/2017/06/02/opinions/wonder-woman-you-call-this-feminism-beale/index.html
heatst.com/culture-wars/guardian-slates-wonder-woman-for-not-upending-patriarchy-and-being-a-weaponised-smurfette/
nypost.com/2016/12/13/wonder-woman-not-feminist-enough-for-social-justice-warriors/
youtube.com/watch?v=Nlm1XOn-QKc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pro tip: Film criticism as a whole is, was, and forever will be complete shit.

cause women are stupid

Fuck you and Fuck misogyny.

>israeli female lead

and trump

Women are addicted to compliments and emotionally weak to think clearly about a movie that pat their heads like a good dog.

Because triggering fat NEET fucks is in right now. Next year it'll be spics.

2 reasons.

1. Female lead, iconic female character, female director

2. Its a DCEU film really close to the MCU formula. Ironically, by making it mediocre and easy to swallow, they got the reviews and reception they wanted.

He fought bravely, but at the end a challenging product cannot be allowed to exist. It must be neutered and made as safe as possible in order to be well received. Godspeed, man of kino.

Muh feminism + not being a total train wreck

Fuck you and Fuck Patriarchal lies you shit out of your mouth.

I jettison you from the ship

The point of the movie was that Ares was irrelevant. He encouraged the savage aspects of humanity but he didn't create them. He doesn't make people fight each other. He wasn't responsible for the war

I can't get a legitimate opinion on here. Was it watchable?

Reminder that Iron Man 1/Spider Man 2/Superman 78/The Dark Knight are the only decent superhero movies to come out and your opinion is young and unpolished if you think otherwise.

You'll eat it up, you're obviously into shit.

It's ok. Not much worse than Iron Man 1 probably.

If you still take film critics seriously at this point, I dunno what else to tell you man. You might be fucking retarded.

I think TDK is overrated but I agree on IM1, Spiderman 2 and Superman 78.

The movie is so fucking simple, so fucking simple and op still has issues trying to follow a girl empowerment fairy tale.

Its closer to the mcu than the dceu.

Also you are missing hulk 2003. And if you are missing Hulk 2003 you have shit pleb taste influenced by pop culture redditor cliches.

Someone post some of the RT reviews

Logan is better than all of those.

The reviews weren't really that great. It mostly got 7/10s, which suggest that it was a decent movie but not anything special. Plus the reviews looked like this

But the rottens looked like this.

>Every single time Diana Prince (aka- Wonder Woman), shed tears on screen over the children dying at the hands of merciless German soldiers during her trip to the end of World War One, I kept whispering, “but Gal, what about the children in Gaza?”
wearyourvoicemag.com/more/entertainment/gal-gadot-wonder-woman-white-feminist-hero
affinitymagazine.us/2017/04/01/gal-gadot-is-a-zionist-but-white-feminists-choose-to-not-care/
villagevoice.com/2017/05/30/despite-some-appealing-misandry-wonder-woman-cant-avoid-a-mansplaining/
straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/tv-reboots-fail-on-big-screen
slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2017/06/02/i_wish_wonder_woman_were_as_feminist_as_it_thinks_it_is.html
edition.cnn.com/2017/06/02/opinions/wonder-woman-you-call-this-feminism-beale/index.html
heatst.com/culture-wars/guardian-slates-wonder-woman-for-not-upending-patriarchy-and-being-a-weaponised-smurfette/
nypost.com/2016/12/13/wonder-woman-not-feminist-enough-for-social-justice-warriors/

Hulk 2003 is one of the worst movies ever made. Anyone who actually claims to like that piece of shit is a try hard contrarian who should kill themself.

H2k3 took a lot of chances. Stylistically, it did some really cool things not all of which panned out. It deserves a great deal of credit for trying to push the genre forward, unlike the incredibly formulaic superhero movies you get now.

It felt like a movie based on a comic book, and not just a movie with superheros.

> Male male male

> Male superheroes talks about how they need to face their fears, trials and tribulations of society or just about friendship or justice

> Female Superhero ....misandry ....misandry ....misandry ....misandry ....misandry ....misandry ....misandry ....misandry....remeber you that females are strong too 300000 times

yeah....i dont enjoy movies with cheap agendas

>mediocre
nice meme Abdul

>a culture of victimization
Let them have their way. Women and blacks won't rise to the top by ceaselessly complaining about how unfair things are.

because it's a film that has to compete with shitty Zack synder flicks, therfore the bar is set very low.

Pleb taste. Did you get that opinion from TBBT or reddit?

All men have to do is pretend to like it. See how quickly they turn on it.

sadly it seem that the chilidsh whining it's the new norm for this generation

>Why did this mediocre as fuck flick get raving reviews

It's a female director, directing a female star, in a story about an female superhero from an island where only females live.

Giving it bad reviews would run against the current orthodoxy and be very bad for someones career. So yeah they just take the path of least resistance and give it a good review.

It wasn't absolute shit. I mean I liked it better than MoS or BvS, but that's an incredibly low bar. It was a 6/10. Dr poison and that nazi throwing that gas mask into the room was the only part I laughed because they were just so cartoon evil about it.

The movie is a 7/10 and is by far the best movie from the DC cinematic universe.

Just by doing a simple thing : the movie has a likeable hero.

It's unwatchable. Don't go in expecting Snyderkino that's for sure

It's up there with Iron Man, worse than the rest

This, SJWs hate this flick, the reviews are genuine but they do virtue signal a little

7/10 more fun and original than the MCU and more focused and competently edited than the DCEU. If you like capeshit you'll like this

Any time a film works with a social justice angle, such as feminism in this particular case, the film gets a free pass. No exceptions. My personal view is that with a movie like this, you take the movies score and subtract it by thirty, it's almost always closer to reality.

>get raving reviews

The average score sits at about 7/10
Learn how to use RT you fucking pleb.

I thought it was fucking great.
>felt like a comic book
>actual story with beginning middle and end
>no extraneous sequel setting/psuedo intellectual retardation
>Gal Gadot looks like Wonder Woman and her semi-bad acting was actually perfect for her
>amazing fight scenes
>hilarious in an acutally funny, character based dialogue way and not in a serious moment--sarcastic comment millennial baiting marvel movie way.
>campy and memorable imagery like a comic (chris pine escaping the german base, dropping the bomb and the silly green screen. or the mom catching young Diana after she jumps off the balcony thing. amazing)
>Dr Poison was campy and cool and felt like a comic book villain unlike anything since the Toby Spidermans
>epic moments of heroism, again unlike anything since the toby spidermans.
>seemed like it actually gave a shit about the characters and story
>super romantic.
The real question is: what's not to like? I realize this is Sup Forums and we have to hate everything that liberals like but I seriously can't think of anything wrong with it besides the fact that it's a little too long and Ares probably shouldnt have been in it.
also your entire OP post is wrong
>ham-fisted dialogue, premise, and cardboard characters
What "premise" are you talking about? The premise of the comic "wonder woman"? and Ham fisted dialogue and cardboard characters are literally staples of comics, it's what makes them fun and unique.
>by forcing literal whos to make 6 MILLION GAS BOMBS
So you didn't watch the movie?
>and when he dies the war is over???
So you didn't watch the movie? The war was over. The germans were already talking about it as over. The gas bombs that Chris Pine blew up was their last hail mary attempt to not lose.
How could you miss two things explicitly stated in straight forward dialogue like this?
>why was he so fucking irrelevant the whole movie
Ares was the weakest part of the film. If thats the only flaw you can think of then its a great movie.

it's better than Iron Man 1.

Because critics want popcorn superheroes, not kino.

It got 93% positive reviews, that doesn't necessarily mean they're all raving about it. It just means they don't think it's shit.

>Why did this mediocre as fuck flick get raving reviews, with its ham-fisted dialogue, premise, and cardboard characters?

you could ask the same about most marvel-movies.

Weren't you awake when plenty of other mediocre superhero movies got raving reviews as well?

It really makes you think

youtube.com/watch?v=Nlm1XOn-QKc

>Was it watchable?
Yes, very much so until the climax which is a CGI clusterfuck.
Its stronger moments are the character driven ones, so if you're ok with that in a superhero movie, you'll probably like it.

I liked the part where the Jewish superwoman demolished the church in Western Europe and everyone cheered.

IMO Wonder Woman downplays Diana's pursuit of destiny in the fight against evil...Diana, like her introductory movie, has childlike enthusiasm but no passion.

Uh OP, are you sexist??

This is clearly a modern masterpiece. Women are just as capable as men.

>more fun and original than the MCU
It's literally the first Captain America + the first Thor but with a female lead. There's nothing original about it.

t. ahmed

I can't wait till Trump deports you

Some fucking idiot on my Facebook wrote this. It's cut off because there's like 5 more paragraphs of this garbage.

>starts with "Dear White People"

the main characters had probably the best chemistry in any capeshit movie ever made
except for this fuck
>HAHAHAH HES A DRUNKEN IRISH WHO WOULDVE KNOWN??

T.irishman

>spud
>irish

Scottish same shit

Expect mindless capeshit with little narrative or interesting conflict to get good reviews. Glad this is where were at.

I knew Sup Forumscucks would have panic attacks when they saw that

>Every single time Diana Prince (aka- Wonder Woman), shed tears on screen over the children dying at the hands of merciless German soldiers during her trip to the end of World War One, I kept whispering, “but Gal, what about the children in Gaza?”

fuck, such a based man

Damn you write just like a 10 cent magazine reviewer.

I liked the introduction of his character though.