How long do you think it'd take someone to read every issue of Batman, Detective Comics, and other Bat-family book...

How long do you think it'd take someone to read every issue of Batman, Detective Comics, and other Bat-family book? Or the same for Action Comics and the Super-books? Or both Bat and Super books, and throwing in every Flash, GL, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman for good measure?

Is it crazy to consider such a project?

It would take years for any of those options, even if you had copious amounts of free time.

Took me a year and a half for Batman. Read about 20 issues a night.

It's a daunting task, and would take many months or possibly years depending on how fast you read, but it's not impossible

I've read nearly all of GL and WW and those both took a few months each although I took a few breaks

10 comics a day and you could probably do in in a year or two.

You mean 2 per night?

I DON'T CARE HOW LONG

DO IT

BE THE MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE

I was beinng generous. It probably realistically only took me like 6 months.

You will win every comics Batman argument (as long as you tell the truth). It will be 100% worth it. Remember to take notes of anything that can be used as proof for potential arguments.

10 a day and within a year you've read 3,650 comics.
That's probably less than an hour a day.
Detective Comics and Action Comics only go to the 900's.
You could pump them out within 6 months at less than an hour a day.

If I had all the comics, I would have this project done in a few month's.

I've actually seriously considered doing this before. I mean, only I really read new comics on Wednesdays, then the rest of the week is just reading various older stuff or storytimes in my free time. Even at like just 5 or 10 a day like said you'd still get through a good chunk within a year. And up through the 60s you're not looking at a ton of series going at the same time, especially for a good portion of the 40s and 50s where it's mostly just Batman and Superman.

If I ever did it I'd probably make a blog or something just to print thoughts and observations as I go. Something to keep track of it all and stay motivated.

There actually used to be torrents that compiled every DC comic for each year, most aren't seeded anymore.

If someone wanted to do something like this, where would they get the comics? I've been considering doing this with Daredevil.

Torrents, DC++

Comixology only has so much in digital form

IT's gonna be 7 pictures.

Actually it was 9. I used to storytime some of it but no time anymore.

I did this with Spider-man and the plus side is you'll become such an insufferable twat since you'll realize how much bullshit Sup Forums spouts when it comes to not appearing ignorant in comics.

Every dumb trivia thing or juvenile pontification about a character has been answered an incredible amount of times in their own books

About 5-9 months.

I read like 4000ish Marvel titles from about 1999 to current in 9 months with 5hours+ of reading a day.

Can you throw out a common example for me?

I use comicrack but just leave everything organized by folders. I had issues with the comicvine scrapper getting the right months/years and sorting properly. wI grabbed a bunch of those chronology torrents awhile back but most are unseeded anymore, so now I've just been using the DC wiki and sorting it all out into folders myself by month of publication.

It's been fun just reading a handful of comics a night. Got up to 1950 in like a week and a half, but there wasn't much published then. I also skipped some due to shit scans.

The best part of doing it with DC is seeing just how bizarre the Golden Age stories could get first hand, especially with Superman being a dick and intimidating everyone left and right.

Sweet. I like Spiderman a bit, but I don't know which story to read. Which is his best?

Good luck getting through all the golden age shit. The quality of those scans is horrendous. Unreadable in many cases.

My favorite was when a prank camera show was going to shoot Clark in a phone booth. They caught him with the Superman costume under his clothes. Then he revealed he had Batman pants under his pants. Instead of not taking his shirt off Supes tunneled into the Batcave to steal Batman's pants to look like he was playing a prank on the camera crew.

The Golden Age has so many absurd and bizarre stories like that. I love it.

I feel like you'd end up forgetting a lot of the stuff you read, especially the not so great stories. Also nobody will believe you anyway.

Pretty much every Golden Age Supes cover:

"Superman! Why are you killing your friends!?"
>Because I must!
Read to find out why!

Then it's usually some kind of cop out.

It's interesting how casual Supes was about crooks dying. The first time one dies a second one dies later that issue with a sawblade to his throat. It's interesting seeing how different tehy were before they developed into the characters we know these days. Batman is similar.