He's the most important character, right? It would've all been fucked without him

He's the most important character, right? It would've all been fucked without him

I don't know about most important, I think Gandalf is the most important figure in the story in terms of winning the war. Sam is, by Tolkien's own admission, the Hero of LOTR. He is the bravest and most heroic.

They were all pretty important besides Legolas and Gimli. Even Merry and Pipin convinced the Ents to join the war and killed the Witch King

He's the real true hero of the movie.
Gandalf is the most important character.
EVERY person was important in their own way, everyone had their own little part to play in the events that unfolded.

Sauron was Time's person of the year

I wouldn't say he was the most important but he showed an immense amount of courage for being just a little hobbit who never dealt with anything like that

Aragorn is the most important character.

Was Aragorn a Mary Sue?

should i read the silmarrion

why/why not

Hmm, possibly. He has a pretty miraculous chain of events fall upon him,. He does go through some hardship, though. Gets questioned once or twice and shows some inner doubt and struggle. He seems to grow and accept the weight of his destiny as the series goes on. Not a clear cut Mary Sue imo but shades of it

>He's the most important character, right? It would've all been fucked without him
This could be said of almost all of them

Have you read lotr and the hobbit and want more? Then yes. If no, read those.

What did Aragorn do? Gandalf is the one that rallied the free people of middle earth. I guess without Aragorn they wouldn't have had the deus ex machina ghosts to win the battle of Pelennor fields.

Aragorn just came up with distracting Sauron while Sam literally carried Frodo and the Ring up Mt. Doom.

Not gimli or meri

He also guided the hobbits to Rivendel, saved Frodo from the Witch King's stab wound, was the best warrior and sang songs

Gimli is by far the least important member of the fellowship

Merry literally was the jab that set up the hook to kill Sauron's second-in-command.

Pipin stabbed the witch king

Merry killed the Nazgul witch king that according to the movie was stronger than Gandalf. If he hadn't I'm sure the witch king would have fucked things up for them.

Gimli was an essential soldier in the battles. An example of this was that he helped delay the battle at Helms Deep when thrown out infront of the gate, otherwise when Gandalf arrived it might have been too late. He also guided them through Moria I think.

No.

I think Pippin is objectively less useful than Meriadoc. Pippin only saves Faramir, an inconsequential character entirely.

>according to the movie
no one takes your fanfiction seriously hackson

THE

Faramir is Gondor's finest.

He also lights the beacon you dumb fuck.

I always liked that Samwise turned the ring down, and stayed true to the end.

That's funny way to spell Boromir. Is that Elvish?

He's the core. The journey culminates with an era of peace overseen by Aragorn. All plots have this underlying practical motivation; to retake Middle Earth with Aragorn at the helm in his rightful, destined place. First evil must be cast out. Then the new ruler takes over.

Wow, ya got me.

>character did this 1 thing without ever coming into harm's way
>BTFO

Faramir proved his willpower was stronger than Borimir's when he refused to give in to the power of the ring.

TAX

Read "The Count of Monte Critso" or "The Bible" instead. Much more important in terms of literature.

How have I remembered that so wrong?

>unfolded
it's unfeld you fucking illiterate

Yes.

I've seen LOTR trilogy about 5 times through, read the books too and I still sometimes forget whether Meri goes to Gondor with Gandalf or it's Pippin. I'm getting better, but I still forget and it takes me a minute to work it out in my head.

HFY thread?

I'm rewatching them. ROTK tonight. But I've read the books too. I guess they're easy to confuse because for the first two books they do everything together but don't get as much focus as Sam and Frodo do

Its good, but you need to be really interested in middle-earth. Not a very cohesive story. Its supposed to be like a history book, so events happens rapidly, crazy amount of names.

If you're genuinely interested in knowing more about the history of middle-earth and all the stuff that happened then I wholeheartedly recommend it.

Where did his waifu go?

We all know who the most important Hobbit character is.

The Goblin King?

>implying we wouldn't all be Alfred

Nah, I'd be dead.

So was he

Only in the movie. In the books, Denethor wasn't a dumbshit and had the beacons lit before Pippin and Gandalf even got to Minas Tirith.

Never watched it.

chopped up and turned into charcoal 1000 years ago by orcs