I get bad vibes when I see Cyborg as a main member of the Justice League

I get bad vibes when I see Cyborg as a main member of the Justice League.

He's a newer character, standing right beside established characters like Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman.

Why is DC shilling Cyborg so hard these days?

he's black

Admit it, OP. You just don't like him because he's black.

And Cyborg is hardly new.

Token black guy.

In all honestly I rather see him begin as a Teen Titan then once he more older and experience become a Justice League member.

I don't really consider Cyborg A-Lister material. Seeing him in the Justice League comes off as egregious to me.

Like how he beat Darkseid in that new DC movie by using a Boom Tube.

They need a member for each guild

Wonder woman / magic
Batman / general science
Superman / alien tech/ muscle
Aquaman / water based missions
Flash / speed force
Cyborg/ tech expert

>cyborg
>newish
he's existed since 1980 holy fuck

what about green lantern

which is relatively new when compared to Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman etc.

So? I also wouldn't want characters like Robin, Raven or Starfire in the league either.

>Cyborg
>New
Dude has been around since like the 70s
And hell he was part of the justice league in the 80s super friends cartoon, if that counts for anything.

Yeah, even having Steel as the token black JL member would be pushing it. Cyborg doesn't seem to fit, but hopefully it will be done well despite this.

GL is the team cosmic member
Also his powers are basically a Swiss army knife times a million.

Oh...RELATIVELY. Sure. That sure makes saying a character over thirty years old is "newer" not stupid

It's because Geoff Johns has a huge boner for Hal Jordan and won't make John Stewart the token black guy.

People need to quit acting like the justice league has always had some prestigious roster. Cos sorry that ain't he fucking case.

I'd rather have Cyborg than John tbqhwyf

Yeah honestly. Geoff is a hero for saving Hal.

But if we get John, not only will we not have to deal with Cyborg's bullshit, but we'll get Martian Manhunter.

but then I'd have to deal with John

And the USA is a "newer" country but it's over 200 years old man

Hey, it could be worse. And he sure beats Hal "IQ of an avocado" Jordan.

this

the JL isn't as open to the public as the Avengers but they'll still let almost anybody in

between the silver age, Morrison era and the new 52 it was usually stuffed full of nobodies with one or two big names

John is as dull as it gets, I'd rather have Hal or literally any other GL on the roster

this and

this

Nah man...only top tier heroes. A list only.
Nah don't look at the picture. That's nobody. Don't worry about him.

I don't like him because to me Black Lightning, as a black JL member, came first. So to push Cyborg as a JL founder pisses me off. BL was one of the first and most influential black super-heroes.

You needed an invitation to be allowed to join the JL, they didn't pick up any loser around.
That was the entire point of the JLI and JLE

It's also new when comparing it to any GL corps member
Or practically any black character like Vixen or Steel
Or plenty of fan favorites like the JLI roster
Lots of things might look young when compared to characters created near 1940

It's not like Martian Manhunter was ever an A-Lister anyway

Why in the Watcher's bright solar system would you want Hal "If it bleeds, it breeds" Jordan? Everybody knows Kyle is the best Lantern.

Hal's not even on the Justice League anymore at the moment.

But I'm sorry faggot, John doesn't get to be a founding member in the comics. Never ever.

No martian Manhunter was put on Stormwatch at beginning of n52
And was later added to JLA but never stook around after Forever Evil biz.
Having John wouldn't have changed that and you're a fool if you think it would.

I like Hal, who doesn't like hot dummies?

and you are wrong there friend the best lantern is Alan

Would you consider wonder woman A-list material if she hadn't been put there for decades? The character who's supporting cast changes with every author, who's villains are forgettable and inconsistent at best, who's very themes vary wildly because no one has any fucking clue what to do with Marston's batshit crazy character?

Hot dummies are aight, but hot stupid pedophiles are not.

And Alan isn't even a proper Lantern, cool as he is.

They prefer Shazam when they need electric powers

So are you getting bad vibes from the two new GLs? How about Kyle Rayner?

Kyle is too busy starting and ending relationships (and being the space chosen one again) to deal with Earth team shit.

Hell I'm not sure the last time Kyle was even on Earth.
Whenever a non-hal GL was needed it was Simon Baz
If another non Hal GL is mentioned by a character it is usually Guy cause "god I hope it's not guy" jokes
But nobody mentions or cares about Kyle on Earth.

Yeah real prestigious recruits like Aztec steel and zauriel.

Come on they brought in plenty of fucking lamos.

Same. I don't mind him on the JL, I just wish he earned that spot alongside characters who save the DCU alone on a daily basis.

>He's a newer character

Cyborg premiered 36 years ago.

but yes, hes simply there because hes black and Johns wanted Hal on the team, so they couldn't use Jon Stewart as their go to.

36 years ago is pretty new when the golden age characters are more than twice that

Like elongated man and black canary?

Cyborg's there for movie synergy and diversity.

Yes

Why do you even want J'onn to be on the league? He's more OP than Superman and usually is the eternal jobber half the time.

No, saying its for classic and nostalgic purposes does not work anymore. The Martian is off

I would actually love a DCEU Black Canary on the Justice League desu

Then I ask you why

Wonder Woman doesn't really strike me as a 'magic' based hero. Sure she does have it, but usually she's filling in the muscle role.

Dr. Fate, Raven, or Zatanna would all be better choices honestly.

yea, but comics are super white so him being a 30+ year old black character is about on par with being a 75 year old golden age character.

>It's not like Martian Manhunter was ever an A-Lister anyway
He is like the strongest guy in the league.

He's black. That's literally the only reason.

>Hot dummies are aight, but hot stupid pedophiles are not.
eh I'm not going to hold one weird writing decision against him, that got retconned out ages ago anyway

A-list status is not determined by how powerful a character is.
If it was I'd probably be buying a Presence solo right now.

Simon and Jessica are both cuter and more interesting than Kyle.

who cares, the JL is just a rip off of the JSA anyway

And yet no one gives a shit about them but hipsters who wanna try to stand out.

If Dc cared about Diverity so much then why didn't they pick Black Lightning, Vixen, or Steel instead? They were actually former members.

He's one of them

This is true. Simon is best boy.

I don't get why Cyborg don't pull off MGSR levels of feats like Raiden. Tech in the DCU is rather high up on the scale, or at least it is for Batman. Cyborg's tech should by all account be leaps and bounds ahead of Bats. Tech should be his thing.

Cyborg needs to stay in his lane.

We don't need these niggers looking better than us decent white folk.

Because he's the only black superhero without electric powers.

Tech actually seems pretty weak in the DCU for humans, robots just eat it constantly and Cyborg has his arm ripped off like a Barbie in every fight.

There's a gap going from human stuff and then you hit magical level tech like Green Lantern shit but that's not super common.

Did you read his solo comic?
He was able to pull off some big things
Like stopping an Interdimensional tech zombie invasion
And later while he was napping he stopped terrorist hacking attacks and stole money from Marvel by tormenting GOTG all without lifting a finger.

Nu52 Justice League needed a minority and Johns was desperate to keep Hal in as Green Lantern compared to the much more mainstream-palatable John Stewart.

So they picked a black guy that seemingly wasn't redundant with the other 6 and wasn't a legacy hero.

Black Lightning belongs in. He's a partner of Green Arrow and with Canary the three of them make a good street level team

>character has been around for almost 40 years
>too new
no wonder comics are the same shit all the time

>He's a newer character
i thought he was ancient?

Just admit you don't like him because he is black.

>newer character
There's a fair chance he's older than you OP.

The character is probably older than you are OP.

And what other choice do they have if they don't want to keep pushing out an all white league?

>Make a new character
Why is DC pushing X too hard! Stop pandering.
>Characters up mantle
Why is DC getting rid of X! Stop pandering!
>Reuse/refresh estbaalished character
DC is shilling too much. Stop it!

And then fags like you wonder why comics are dying and the book prices keep going up.

He should be one of the mentors/Parents on Teen Titans with Starfire

Johns saved Cyborg too

new52 Teen Titans has been dogshit the whole time

>Hell I'm not sure the last time Kyle was even on Earth.
He was on Earth in the finale of Omega Men.

When i think of Cyborg i think of Teen Titans. Pretty much everybody do because of the cartoons. You see Cyborg's face and the first question that pop up in your mind is "Where's the rest of his friends from Teen Titans?".

Why not go with Vixen for a JL founder? You've a very interesting concept to explore with her, her powers are different and interesting enough, and not only is she black but she's also female. So Wonder Woman stop being the token pussy on the team.

How does a character earn a spot in universe? When you compare him and the titans to when the league started. You begin to realize that they have more than enough creditals to move up.

Shit how many times have the TT fought off Trigon and his world ending god like powers? That puts them above 99% of the other super teams except JL.

Explain Green Batman. Or silver age Hal.

Vic can make new friends

But where are his Teen Titans friends, though? Millions watch the cartoon. They'll question this.

DC is dumb.

see

What about Snapper Car, though?

most of them were in Robinson's JL

not a bad idea desu
the question is-how would she get hooked up with the rest of the league so quick?

If Cyborg isn't A-list enough, Vixen is far lower on the totem pole. We'd still end up with people going "why"?

Cyborg was always a Teen Titans. People know first and foremost as a Teen Titans.

Vixen was a JL member for years. Her ties and relationships are all connected to JL.

She was around when Darkseid attacked, just like how Aquaman showed up out of nowhere.

Why is Batman a top member of the Justice League? It's because he sells. He has no real business dealing with the same shit that Supes, MM or Flash have to fight.

Do you read comics? DC universes undergo reboots every few years. Technically those past experiences are from a previous era and have no meaning.

I think vixen could be an interesting member on the team. But she'd end up being seen as redundant and black aquaman. You can only have so many characters whose main strength is speed and super strength.

>Do you read comics? DC universes undergo reboots every few years. Technically those past experiences are from a previous era and have no meaning.

And that's the problem with The New 52.
DC forgot that familiarity is a big thing with audiences.

>I think vixen could be an interesting member on the team. But she'd end up being seen as redundant and black aquaman

That's better than being the team magical bus, since the JL already had teleportation portals before.

Look at that pose in the OP.
Would you have EVER seen Cyborg in that pose if Iron Man hadn't, against all odds, gotten popular?

So you've got the double whammy of Cyborg being Iron Man, and also black.

How many people actually like Iron Man compared to people who just like RDJ?

Boom tubing is still just one aspect of him though. You can't overlook the fact he is the one most intimate with computers and manipulating them. The others can't do that unless you inflate Batman's tool kit even more to Bat god.

Tech in general allows him to expand out into creative uses of power that vixen just isn't going to do.

Injustice kinda made me want raven in it

>Boom tubing is still just one aspect of him though. You can't overlook the fact he is the one most intimate with computers and manipulating them.

Batman paid and/or built everything. Before Cyborg that was the role Batman would serve. He'd either patch Oracle through or do it himself.

Face it, user. Cyborg's redundant as fuck in the JL.

Do you want the long or the short answer?

Long answer: nigger
Short answer: coon

Even the Boom Tube connection wasn't explored. Geoff Johns could have explored Cyborg's connection to Apokoplipse and the Boom Tubes, but nope. It was just a generic device to allow him to do bullshit tech stuff.

Heck, now even Lex Luthor has more a connection to the New Gods than Cyborg. Before that it was Batman, thanks to Final Crisis, which is somehow still canon.

Cyborg was just there to give exposition and teleport the team. Johns did nothing with the character.

Well, he saved the JL once and was taken by Grid.

Sorry, Johns was too busy pushing Lex and Captain Felicity and other OC to actually care about the Justice League.

Man, Aquaman just fucked off in the middle of the story during Darkseid War.