Is Sup Forums looking forward to Gerard Way and Nick Derington's Doom Patrol...

Is Sup Forums looking forward to Gerard Way and Nick Derington's Doom Patrol, as well as the Young Animal line as a whole?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mrgx-I-LTGc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

fuck yes
Gonna buy Doom Patrol and Cave Carson.

I've been reading the silver age and Morrison runs lately and yes. I am very excited. Umbrella Academy was great.

>Way
>looking forward to
must be different first names...
>it's a different first name
okay carry on

yes, they all sound pretty interesting

Mother Panic in particular catches my eye

I remember Way talking about Cliff being in a weird place at the start of his run.

I wasn't expecting this.

I'm reasonably hyped for it, OP. Way hasn't written anything bad yet and he seems really into the material he's writing. I'm kinda eh on the Gothsm title as a concept, but it might be fun.

youtube.com/watch?v=mrgx-I-LTGc

?backwards sentences read you Do

I want all of them to be good so badly.

He probably thought OP as referring to Daniel Way.

I am going to buy every last one of them. Floppies and trades. Hype levels: maximum

I am looking foward to them being cancelled and Sup Forums complaining.

Literally just 1% of Way's twitter followers need to buy the trades and it's already an outlier to DC's normal trades
I hope that'll be enough if the YA books have at least mediocre floppy sales

What is the full line of titles?

I've never read his Umbrella Academy, but that one Spider-Verse one-shot he did was really good.

I'll probably check this line out. So, is it just going to be a playground for new concepts and stories, like '80s Vertigo?

Well fuck it, hope it gets cancelled anyway

That's gay, you're gay.
The three books we've seen already are revivals of old silver age/Vertigo books taking influence from the late 80's early 90's with some more modern flair.

Also you should definitely check out Umbrella Academy, it's a great series and it's pretty clear Way's wanted in on this for years.

>tfw Way got BTFO by twitter SJWs
>tfw he's probably going to insert some libcuck pandering with all the subtlety of your average Marvel comic

one step forward
two steps back

Well we almost made it 20 posts

Morrison's Doom Patrol, which is supposed to be Way's biggest influence on the series, and one of the most popular runs of all time, introduced a living street that was also a transvestite. I'd be more disappointed if this series didn't deal with some of the weird ass shit the internet's throwing at everyone these days.

Doom Patrol
Shade, The Changing Girl
Cave Carson Has A Cybernetic Eye (Powers may be heavily delayed once again becuase of that)
Mother Panic

I don't really know who Gerard Way is
Doom Patrol's greatest run had a lot of 'libcuck pandering'

My Chemical Romance vocalist, The Umbrella Academy writer

Yeah, boi

Ugh ... just ugh ...

Yes. I'll support single issues as much as my habit can allow. My habit being trade-waiting.

Never read Umbrella Academy, how much does Way take after Morrison?

The titles all look so good, i hope doom patrol and shade are great, i've been wanting revivals of them since forever

>(partially) Human head transplanted onto the body of an ape-like creature

Wait a second, Way.

>Shade, The Changing Girl
Well, three out of four ain't bad.

Is that Grodd or Mallah?

is Doom Patrol the discount X-Men?

He's actually really good friends with Morrison and considers him an older brother figure.

So a lot.

X-Men are the discount Doom Patrol.

That was before the friendship was struck. He's his hero, though. The reason why that started was Grant niece is a huge MCR stan, and told her uncle about him. He stared in a MCR video and the friendship grew from there.

>Getting your idol to meet his, so you can meet yours

Clever girl. I'd do the same thing.

I'm friends with Anthony Green and he's freinds with Way, I wonder if I could get a mini published on his line.
Klarion or Amethyst?

>Anthony Green
Literally who.

Also, Klarion. Dude deserves a memorable run for the first time.

lead singer of Circa Survive and Saosin

and I've been wanting to write a Klarion story for years, him being taught be Tim Hunter and interact with Spectre, Fate and a bunch of DCs unused magic/dark &Vertigo characters

>Klarion
after that last ongoing that got canned there is no chance

Sounds a bit like the proposed Mystic University book that got cancelled, but I'd give it a read.