Why aren't there more WW1/Imperial Germany movies?

Wonder Woman is like the first one

Trench warfare is not that cool

Because you're underage

No bad guys

What about all quite on the western front?

you need to kill nazis, WWI germans are not quite nazis yet

things you can kill en mass in movies without people bitching:

zombies
nazis
humanoid aliens/robots

WW2 was just that much more interesting

>obvious good and bad guys
>much more deadly conflict
>more advanced/interesting technology (proper planes, tanks, machine guns anyone)

so much easier to make a good film out of this than WW1, where the average movie goer has no fucking idea what happens

USA missed all the fun and only joined in to steamroll Germany after it broke its teeth on France for 4 years. Can't do a Hollywood movie about that.

We don't know who to root for

i dont get it why the still potray it that the best thing is to fight the germans in WW1 and be heroic while doing it, if they had shown mercy and comprehension WW2 had never happened

1.) Longer ago/no more veterans

2.) Less morally clear

3.) Limited American participation

4.) More politically complicated

5.) Less climatic battles

6.) Less relatable to the modern day

Because WW1 was a huge shit fest where everyone is the bad guy.

Because Germans were at fault for WW1

Why aren't there more 7 years war movies? Is Barry Lyndon literally the only one?

>if they had shown mercy and comprehension WW2 had never happened

Treaty of Brest-Litovsk kraut nigger

>obvious good and bad guys

Let's be honest here, Russia was just as bad as any Axis country.

Because the Germans started the whole thing and deserved everything they got and worse.

BLUE
MOTHERFUCKING
MAX

>Brits
>Not at fault

Brits told Germany to stop building out their ships (Both navy and comercial) because they were suposed to rule the sea.

If Germany didn't comply to this, they would start a war. Both Germany and England were just having a dick size contest.

But only two of the at fault-tier are from Germany. The other three are from Austria-Hungary

no they were just war hungry

Jews on both sides were.

Kill yourself

The British weren't at fault at all. Germany's government decided it would be a great time to invade the vocally neutral Belgium, who Britain had sworn to defend. Knowing this, Germany still declared war on Belgium.

This

Because France did most of the work and the surrender monkey meme is still going strong.

True. Russia was worse.

>Wonder Woman is like the first one
I hate capeshittiers so fucking much.

this

Thats who Hitler was really after. He just figured he had to take France and Britain to really take on Russia.

This image has a lot of things right, but alot of things really wrong I don't have the time to break it down.

exactly its the troubled, edgy anti-hero to round out the old sensei and the brash strongman

I would love to see a black comedy about the escalation and onset of WWI. Think Dr. Strangelove meets Tora Tora Tora.

Britain declared war because Germany decided to steamroll one of its allies out of nowhere, not because it was trying to keep Germany from building a strong navy.

Where did this "Germany dindu nuffin" meme come from?

Everyone knows blaming Germany for WWI is bullshit. They moved first, so they got the blame. Germany backed Austria. Russia backed Serbian. Germany took a pre-emptive strike against France cause they knew France would back Russia. So....it's germany's fault. Even though every motherfucker in the world knows France would have attacked Germany after fighting started.

Britain, owners of like 30% of the world at the time, also blame Germany for going through Belgium. How as Germany suppose to not get blamed? Let Russia fuck up Austria? Austria was supposed to put with serbias horseshit? Germany is not blameless, but making them take all the blame is stupid.

By that same logic you'd exonerate Japan for Pearl Harbor.

This.

for the most part, the story is the same regardless of the year. outdated tactics clashing with emerging technology, mass death. even the major victories were mostly inconclusive/inconsequential. the tables were turned a few times, but nobody really "won" the war. the story of WW1 is a story of suffering and waste.

>nobody really won
Entente "really" won m8. Austro-Hungarian, Ottoman and Bulgarian armies were crushed and German army was on the verge of collapse.
If your point is post-war situation, then you had victors too. UK and France gained a lot of territory, Serbia formed Yugoslavia, and so on.

central powers were looking to expand. for the most part, everyone else was maintaining what they had. i guess this makes them look like the aggressors.

Jews have no stake in WWI

Sorry, but that's how the world works. Might makes right, and Germany wasn't mighty enough. If you're gonna start a war that wipes out an entire generation of young men, you better make damn sure you win.

Gallipoli and Lawrence of Arabia are two good, fairly mainstream WWI movies.

Because there aren't clear good guys and bad guys.

My point is that in terms of cost/gain, almost everybody lost.

>Talking about whole countries as everybody in there were the bad guys

is the guy on the very bottom right gonna be ok?

dumb ameriacns think its edgy because germany are the clear cut bad guys in ww2

Flyboys isn't that old yet, retard.
And there're tons more.

Those are two totally different situations. First of all, I didn't say Germany dindunuffin. Im saying they get the blame cause they lost and they physically acted first. Even though Serbs killing Ferdinand is more or less the first kill. Did Serbia get blamed? No, they were on the winning side. You sure as hell don't blame all of WWII on japan for bombing pearl habor though.

>Im saying they get the blame cause they lost and they physically acted first.
Idk if I'd go that far. They thought they had to act once the Russians mobilized. They were certain that all out war was inevitable and their best chance to survive would be to zerg rush and win or sue for peace from a position of strength. I'm not saying they were right, but given the circumstances, they weren't totally in the wrong.

The big winners were USA and Japan

USA bankrolled the allies and squeezed them dry making them all incredibly in debt, became the world superpower practically overnight and moved the financial capital of the world from London to New York.

Japan just went "Hey can we join?" invaded a bunch of German colony islands that were undefended and did nothing.

Paths of Glory is Kubrick's best film. 'Personally speaking'

t. Eternal Anglo.

Britain wanted to fight Germany as soon as possible because they were a threat to British naval superiority in the long term.

Serbia didn't get blamed because it wasn't there fault, the Young Bosnia and Gavrilo Princip were terrorists.

Unless you believe the secret black hand meme

Right, but that's an important point. Serbia has people in its country that struck against Austria. So.....whats Austria to do? Austria basically sent them a "fuck you, we're going to war" message. Had Austria had more tact maybe Serbia would have to take blame for not dealing with their problems.

There are plenty other user

I would say that the fault lies more with the Austro-Hungarian empire and the Russians then with the Germans. Russia started to mobilize before the AH went in to Serbia and the Russians could simply have let the AH have a go at Serbia. The AH was so shity it got served in Serbia anyways. So even thu Russia didn't declare war first on Germany they were preparing for it. Germanys mistake was going through Belgium and that made it a world War by forcing The British Empire to join.

"Surrender monkey" refers specifically to WWII: France giving up without a fight despite having superior numbers and resources and right after much smaller Poland fought to the last man.

Banks and newspapers and war profiteers do not exist. Good to know.

WW2 eclipses it and honestly it can be distinguish them on screen anyways. Even the films that exist about WW1 are probably assumed to be WW2 by most of the audience.

>forcing The British Empire to join
"oh noez my competitor gave a casus belli"

>bolshevikism was taken so srsly the us and UK waited until 44 to land in france because Russia actually stopped looking like they would lose
The west wont admit it but back then Russia was an obvious "bad guy"

Because we're still in the mindset that it's not cool to make movies about WW1 since it was terrible and had no heroes. It's slowly starting to change though

>back then