So who's the better dad/husband?

So who's the better dad/husband?

Bob

Not sure, many pros and cons. Though at least Hank can consistently pay the bills.

Now Peggy vs Linda would be a LOT to unpack.

Bob.

How about this: Hank and Linda as parents together, or Bob and Peggy?
My money's on the former.

Bob

Bob. Not even a question.

Better dad - Bob
Better show - Hank

god
I hate linda's voice, sounds exactly like my mom

but she is at least less objectionable
peggy was like skyler from breaking bad levels of awful

ugh
bob's fun, peggy would grind him down to a nub
hank and linda would be weirdly interesting, she's got some energy and craziness in her (and not peggy's mean craziness)

Dad
>Hank
Bobby is just a shitty kid
Husband
>Bob

Hank and Linda are too different to get along, but I'm certain Bob and Peggy would eventually burn the damned house/restaurant down.

Seconded

Yes, I would like Bob to be my husband and have him wear his apron ad only his apron. Oh, was that not the question?

Hank owns a house so I'd say he wins both.

Bob just straight out has the better family.

Fucking Bob, Hank is too awkward

Hank took Arlen to State.

Both of them are good Dads for different reasons.
That said Hank is the better father. As someone else said Bobby is just a sack of shit when it comes to meeting is Dad's bare minimum.

Well, yeah Bob has definitely shown more signs of being OK with some man-on-man action than Hank has certainly.

That's because Hank is constantly trying to balance making a calm rational choice and lashing out like Cotton used to do to him as a kid. He had a shitty childhood and doesn't wanna give anyone else that same experience which is why he has such a hard relationship with Bobby because Bobby while a nice kid does really stupid shit all the time.

I don't think it was ever that outright, but he was extremely flattered when propositioned, and only passed on the chance in the most noncommittal of ways.

Didn't he just straight up say he'd fuck a man if he wasn't married? I think it was in a Thanksgiving episode.

Bob handled his daddy issues better than Hank.

Sorry for deleting, I had to fix a typo.

Hank.

He has to deal with Peggy every day, even sleep with her, and hasn't killed himself/others by now.

I'd wager Hank awkwardly avoids Linda/doesn't really know how to deal with her since she's too flamboyant, affectionate, and lacks any boundaries.
Meanwhile Bob would be a passive aggressive pushover while Peggy runs shot over the restaurant and changes it with all her bad ideas. He'd finally snap when she tries to go after his burgers in some form.

As for the kids
Bob and Bobby bond well over their shared corny senses of humor and make puns for burgers. Bobby is probably a better work hand than all the kids combined since at worst he'd be lazy rather than purposefully destructive like the Belcher kids.
Linda tries to inject herself into Bobby's comedy act.
Hank would be repulsed by Gene. Think Tina was a nice well behaved kid until she autistically blurts out something inappropriate that disgusts him. He'd probably get completely played by Louise, unaware she's being sarcastic.
Peggy I don't know, I get the feeling she'd pretty much be Mr. Frond but their mom.
I think when the deli guy started flirting with him he said he was married and straight, and then I think he started qualifying it with mostly or said something like well I'm married.
Either way he seems a bit bicurious but yeah he's comfortable with gays and trannys. Hank becomes tight assed around gays and he doesn't really seem to get the concept of trans.

>Bob handled his daddy issues better than Hank.
That's because the writing is bad

Theyre both good.
Theyre just from different eras

Bob is much more emotionally available and his kids go to him with problems pretty readily. Hank tries to cultivate an air of stoicism and he doesn't usually get involved in Bobby's problems until the situation gets out of control.

As far as a husband I'd say they're both about even, though Bob and Linda seem to have a much better sex life.

All of this. I say Bob.

I think he's more of an accepting parent. I like his kids better. I like his wife better than Peggy (yeah, Linda's annoying and nutty, but she's not Peggy-level bad), and I judge turds on the flies they attract. Hank seems to want to turn a blind eye to or ignore his kid's problems, and he lumps in shit he just flat-out doesn't like with actual problems his child has.

Yeah, Bob's had some bad moments. Both of them have. I just prefer Bob.

A dad's bare minimum, or his particular dad's bare minimum?

Well, its unfair to compare Bob to Hank.
After all, Hank is human and not a giant anthropomorphic tape worm like Bob is,

bob
and he has a better wife

I feel like Hank is because even though he is stuck in his ways he is able to deal with more shit. Bob almost loses it whenever his family does stuff but Hank gives that "the shit I put up with" vibe. He also seems to not be screwed by life as much and is more liked than Bob (who seems to be hated or at the very least given a hard time by most people he knows). I can imagine how Hank would deal with those 3 kids though, especially the two younger ones since Tina is easier to ignore like he did Luanne.

Hank
>fully supports his family with a good house by himself
>is able to find enough enjoyment in his job to work harder at it, make assistant manager, and not drag too much work stress home
>puts up with a loser of a wife who wouldn't have any other options
>worked hard to push out his only son from narrow eurethra so they have enough to keep their family line going but not enough to bankrupt them
>gives up entire entertainment budget to his son
>is financially responsible enough to pay for wife's shenanigans
>raised faggy little son into a man who CAN fight through the pain to dance with a girl
>helped his son overcome autism
>helped his wife overcome autism
>more tan willing to kick the ass of anyone who hurts them

Bob is the better father and husband hands down. Hank treated Bobby like shit and is a repressed and dull individual but Bob accepts his kids for how they are and loves his wife and shows it as much as he can unlike Hank but if I was married to Peggy I wouldn't show her any affection either.

Sure Bob doesn't always understand his kids but he never tells them to stop being who they are because he doesn't agree with it.

Look at gene who is basically like Bobby in as lot of ways just not so dull. He doesn't always like when he's goofy or his music but he respects him for being who he is.

If Bobby wrote a musical Hank would say "that boys not right" which is basically telling him that he's not only a disappointment but not normal.

I bet if gene turned out to be gay Bob would accept it while I Bobby did Hank would send him to a gay camp to make him straight.

Honestly I'd love to have Bob as a dad while if Hank or God forbid Peggy wrestling my parents I'd never speak to them again after leaving home.

Also bobs burgers is a better show than koth. Koth was a great show too but it was just too... bland.
Both of SoL shows but koths SoL is a slice of a life that's very depressing.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bobby started doing hard drugs because of Hank, like heroin or meth

>candy machine

isn't the point of Bob that he's basically what happens when you can't raise your kids with authority?
>Oldest child is sex obsessed, horse obsessed, and has a ton of collectible horses that they shouldn't be able to afford on their meager earnings
>Middle child is annoying little autist who's obsessed with farts and screams constantly
>Youngest is psychotic
with Bobby, you can see him going into a steady job and getting married because Hank raised him right

with these three, I can see them leeching off others, living paycheck to paycheck, trying a ton of get rich quick schemes, and ultimately ending up in jail

>Hank treated Bobby like shit
giving him their entire budget for entertainment, trying to broaden his horizons, and trying to help him get over pipe dreams that are ultimately useless in the long run
>Bob accepts his kids for how they are
try enabling them and straight up telling them that he'd fire them for how horrible and annoying they are if he could, but being too spineless to try and get them to grow out of it
>and loves his wife and shows it as much as he can unlike Hank but if I was married to Peggy I wouldn't show her any affection either.
everyone has their own ways of showing affection
>Sure Bob doesn't always understand his kids but he never tells them to stop being who they are because he doesn't agree with it.
that's because Bob is unwilling to try and get his kids to overcome what is, at best, autism, and worst, a psychopath who isn't above committing crimes at the age of a middle schooler

Hank's trying to turn Bobby into a responsible young adult, even if he doesn't understand. Bob's letting them grow from irresponsible young adults to irresponsible adults
>If Bobby wrote a musical Hank would say "that boys not right" which is basically telling him that he's not only a disappointment but not normal
yeah, like the time bobby tried being a classical clown fr the school. hank SHOULD have let bobby be labled a freak for the rest of his middle and high school years

and it's not like hank evert liked bobby making a propane-based sketch comedy group or a joke he sold to yakov smirnoff or supported him being a pop culture trivialist and even sat down to help him keep with it

the sign of a good parent is someone who loves you enough to say yes. the sign of a great parent is one who respects and cares enough to say no

>I bet if gene turned out to be gay Bob would accept it while I Bobby did Hank would send him to a gay camp to make him straight
yeah, like the son of that gay guy that i'm certain he isn't friends with

They're both pretty shit. Hank's overly controlling and doesn't accept his kid for who he is enough, while Bob's not controlling enough and lets them run wild.

>Hank's overly controlling
You kind of have to be when everyone around you is a literal retard.

>Bob because he accepts his kids!
Acceptance isn't always the best thing for a kid. When Tina's like five years away from being a sex offender at best.
>It's just a phase!
You don't grow out of something when you have no reason to.

If you think about it, Hank kind of has to be a father to everyone. Not just Bobby and Luane, but also Peggy, Dale, Bill, and to a lesser extent Boomhauer (though usually only when grouped with Dale and Bill).

>Special of the day: Peggy Patty
>it's never allowed to change, ever

That's funny, because Skyler was perhaps a less shitty Peggy Hill.
Still a controlling cunt who can't even get off eBay for five minutes on her husband's birthday.
Its really no wonder Walter went mad with pride and power when he found a world where he actually got respect for his abilities and intelligence.

This is a tough call.
Hank Hill is tough but fair. On the surface, it would seem that he is overly strict and unreasonable, but Hank also remembers what a trouble maker he was when he was Bobby's age, and is only trying to protect him, like all good parents should protect their children.

Bob Belcher, on the other hand, loves his offspring dearly, but his policy of letting them have free reign sometimes gets the kids into trouble, and, with the possible exception of Tina are left undisciplined. While the three Belcher children seem to come out on top in the end, their lack of supervision could lead to many problems down the road in the future. Tina will end up like her aunt Gayle, mentally and emotionally, Gene will most likely be institutionalized because society won't recognize him as the idiot savant he is, and Louise's rebellious nature is going to land her in prison, even if she is in the right.

Of course it's apparent that, in spite of their radically different parenting styles, both fathers love their children dearly, if not conditionally.