I thought about moving to Portugal. I'm working online and would be awesome to live there for a few months...

I thought about moving to Portugal. I'm working online and would be awesome to live there for a few months. What city do you recommend? What's the cost of living? Is 1k euro per month enough?

1k is enough if you live in a mid-level city but not enough if you intend to move to porto or lisbon

Buy a villa by the Atlantic beach.

The real estate value of the two major cities is booming right now. A small appartment inside the general metropolitan area of Lisbon goes for about 350 a month.

What are you looking for in Portugal and when would you plan to move here?

Beach, nightclubs, woodlands, what are you looking for?

And I do mean SMALL.

I'm looking for nice weather and beach. It would be even better to live in small city like 10-50k. Of course, if were some nightclubs or restaurants then would be great. I'm planning to move there in February or March.

Does portugal have great public transport infrastructure?

Lisbon and Porto do. Travelling across the country via train and bus is also possible for trips, but not really for commuting.

Car would be the way to go everywhere else, though. Bikes won't work because almost every city is on a hill.

One of the best in europe

>poles invade portugal
>expect alberto barbosa to exit from the eu soon

Best road/transport infrastructure, not really public transport.

Our highways are top notch, mostly because we can't afford to use them on a daily basis and are only reserved for those 3/4 times a year you go into/out of Lisbon/Porto/Algarve, or commuting between cities.

OP here. So what small town do you recommend? Must be: beach and some clubs and restaurants.

I'm not a beach expert, but Aveiro or Figueira da Foz might be good. There's tons of smaller cities along the coast, though.

Lisbon/Porto would be hard on a 1k salary, other good cities are either more inland, and it takes 30/45 minutes to get to the beach from Coimbra or Braga, or too much up north, where the beaches aren't as good.

Also, keep in mind that Portuguese waters are Atlantic, and reasonably colder than the Mediterranean. The Algarve also has coastal cities, but it's empty in the winter, and probably too expensive for 1k as well.

Thanks bro. What local sites do you recommend to look for apartaments?

No clue, actually. Just hit google up and you'll probably find some, though.

Probably the Algarve if you're after that. The water will have """only""" 17°C or so in that season, but of course that's Baltic Sea summer tier so you should be used to it

well the problem with moving to algarve is that it's unbearable during the summer due to being 40ºC and a shit ton of tourists

>small appartment inside the general metropolitan area of Lisbon goes for about 350 a month.
>apartment
you mean bedroom, right?

No by the coast, it isn't. Nothing is ever 40º by the coast.

The problem with Algarve is that it's empty in the winter (almost no universities, so no young life moving around), and fucking crowded with Brits/French/Germs in the summer.

We actually had 40 here too 2 years ago, but it was a very dry heat, so not that bad at all. I'd rather have that than 30°C with 100% humidity, like the average day in Nigeria, Panama or Singapore

well when i stayed in altura in august for 2 weeks it was usually 35-40ºC but yeah during the winter algarve is very empty

>A small appartment inside the general metropolitan area of Lisbon goes for about 350 a month.
yeah, a very small and old appartment

I'm from Setúbal and I think it would suit you. Similar climate to Lisbon since we're close to it, cheaper houses, and a population somewhere close to 100k. With a 1k salary you'll be fine here.
Plenty of beaches nearby in Serra da Arrábida and the Troia peninsula, although the latter is a bit more expensive since you need to pay a boat ticket.
Plenty of restaurants, with fish as a speciality, and a reasonable amount of clubs. In case these don't satisfy you, Lisbon is not too far (40-50 km) and offers a much wider and diverse range of clubs and restaurants, so you can pay a short visit to the capital.

completely agree i live very close to Setúbal and it has good weather, it's not very crowded with tourists during the summer and it's close enough to Lisbon (less than an hour by train)

but you aren't from the moor master race, get out of Iberia fucking whitey

Viseu is the nicest city in Iberia, feels like a small town but it has everything

Good enough, but not great. Don't know how it is for Porto, but in the case of Lisbon, too many cramped streets along with too much traffic hinder bus circulation. Subway is inexplicably inefficient at times, with huge delays during rush hours or with less wagons, so people get packed like sardines in a tin box. Trains have seen better days too unfortunately and I speak on a national scale.

Anywhere else, you get by on car, since the average town in Portugal is not too big.

It seems you are the moor that was forgotten here, get out abdul.

Nope, government shill.

Google Matosinhos.
You are welcome.

>but it has everything
He asked for beaches, lad. No beaches in Viseu. River """beaches""" don't count.

River beaches are best beaches desu. While North and Baltic Sea barely reach 16-17 degrees in the height of summer, shallow river beach areas can be that warm on sunny March days, and may surpass 20 on good late April days. It's a bit bydlo, but fun

deadly underwater currents and no waves? no, thanks

Yeah, some careless folks actually drowned at that spot (transition from shallow/calm side arm to main river - the Rhine has quit some power), so you stay the fuck away from that if you got a brain cell or two.
Oh and every couple minutes, a heavy freighter passes by so you do get some waves
Jokes aside, if you live >300km away from the next ocean, you don't have the highest standards

The most common "drowning" news here are also from river beaches. Big waves in Sagres or Nazaré are more intimidating than a comfy river so folk don't venture carelessly there.

>pic related
>not comfy
low test, desu

>5 new neighbours in my apartment complex in the last years
>3 Germans couples one Dutch one Swede
>All of them with young kids
>Putting all of their kids learning Portuguese in school already
>This in a city of 150k people
>All these threads on Sup Forums
>Hotels are always full
>Northern Europes buying property here like crazy

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON