Hey kid, wanna /ss/?

Hey kid, wanna /ss/?

haha memes amirite guise

>Pidge
>/ss/

Have I got some news for you, OP...

But which one of them was the better girl?

why is she a nigger now and why does sven have a gook name

Cause Sven is a faggy name.

Jesus this looks so generic it feels like an american show

Because God personally decided to make you - yes, you and only you - the unhappiest motherfucker on the planet by making Allura black and "renaming" Sven to Shiro.

But user...it IS an American show.

((triggered))

Agreed is easily triggered.

Oh jeez, he's gonna be out of his mind all day.

Sometimes I'd like to get my hands on God.

what is this shit? no really whats this from?

The new Volton on netflix.
It's bretty gud

Voltron: Legendary Defender. The whole first season dropped on Netflix yesterday.

I'm sure you would, but She's not available right now.

ah. I'll have to check it out. thanks.

seriously voltron was Christian warrior with a cross on his chest what are they gonna do next make the robot pray to allah

thanks, looks neat. just hope it doesnt stuff the same fate as that thundercats reboot a few years back

ooh name fag is mad

fuck you and your same faggery this series is shit and it shits on the people that grew up watching it

Would it be better if Sven was Somalian?

I actually did grow up watching Voltron, and I think it's a wonderful reboot of the franchise, so you would do well to stop assuming your opinions speak for everyone.

really fuck sven because hes a throw away character anyway hes probably gonna get captured and lead a gay pride parade for his heroism in the next season i am mostly pissed how they took a giant shit on the christian audience

I haven't watch this series nor do I intend to but I need to tell you to kill yourself my man. Your mom was probably sucking black cock during your childhood and it was ruined in every way already. You were just too retarded to notice at the time.

Be prepared for characters that are either bland or OH SO WACKY!
Hunk - "I'm fat, beta and WACKY!"
Lance - "I'm self-absorbed and WACKY!"
Coran - "I'm so random and WACKY!"
Keith - "I'm present and occasionally speak"
Shiro - "I also appear, and I am a leader with a mysterious past"
Alura - "I have an accent"
Pidge - "I have a motivation and a secret"

you obviously arent a Christian and dont understand what it means for a little kid to have a giant robot warrior fighting for you

You probably have never even read Pilgrim's Progress faggot.

I'm atheist/agnostic, and no, I don't understand what it means for you to think Voltron was a "Christian warrior" despite its being a non-sentient robot controlled by three men, a woman, and a humanoid of indeterminate gender who were never presented as, nor explicitly identified as, Christians in any way.

he has a cross on his chest that means he is fighting for jesus and that is what the creators of the cartoon intended

Not everything that has a cross in it is meant to be identified as "Christian" - and I don't know if you know this, but Voltron was actually adapted from an anime series called GoLion, and I'm fairly certain Christianity isn't the dominant religion in Japan, so...yeah, uh, you ponder that for a while.

I think he's talking about Classic Voltron, not the new Netflix Voltron. Classic Voltron had a cross emblem on its coat of arms, both on the robot and on the Castle of Lions itself. They also showed one or two scenes of some characters praying and making the sign of the cross.

yes thank you i hate to argue this but voltron was a very Christian cartoon

>voltron was a very Christian cartoon

[multiple in-depth citations needed]

And looks like its missing a vowel.

And yet if you actually watched GoLion, you'd see Raible (Coran) and Fala (Allura) making the sign of the cross before praying in front of the King's body/shrine.

Were they explicitly coded as Christian outside of that moment, though? Were they explicitly said to be Christian?

(Jesus Christ, I'm arguing about the religiousity of fictional characters in a thirty-year-old cartoon adapted from a Japanese anime. God fucking help me.)

What else would making the sign of the cross signify? What other religion does that, after all?

>Hunk
>Beta
KYS

>What else would making the sign of the cross signify?

A deep underlying respect for the lowercase "t".

Oh my fucking god no one cares, no one cares about that, at all, for fuck's sake they dropped that aspect of his design ages ago, why are you bitching and moaning about it NOW?

>thread about /ss/ turns into two faggots arguing about whether a show was intended to be religious or not

The fuck Sup Forums

Crosses are not exclusively Christian. It's just two lines intersecting.

You're confusing me for this guy:
I'm just trying to explain his point of view.

Well tell him he's retarded and so are you for actually trying to explain that nonsense.

But making the sign of the cross before praying is a very Christian thing to do. And like I said, I don't know of any other religion that does the same thing.
That is, unless this guy:
is absolutely correct, and the people of Planet Altea/Arus actually worship the lowercase "t".

better than a boring white woman

what you mean besides the giant robot with a cross on his chest?

Are niggers not Christian? I thought more blacks are into Christianity than whites are.

Multiple instances of explicit Christian coding, a character saying they're Chrisitan, or the creators of GoLion admitting to a Christian influence beyond bare-bones iconography would be a good start.

how about the goddamn japanese animators being Christian and putting that in their show fedorafag

It was very prominent in european crests which voltron takes it's imagery from. however as a japanese production is was mostly astetic. If it was portraying Christianity it would actually be more blatant about it. Sorry user this is just a case of taking something from europe they don't actually know about.

Prove it.

all i have is my faith i'm sure some well fired e-mails would settle the issue, i will have my church ask why voltron dropped the cross

>all i have is my faith

You can have faith in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, but believing you've been touched by His noodly appendage doesn't make your arguments factually correct.

it will be ok i think i worked all of my anger out arguing with you actually and i thank you

sometimes hardheld things are difficult to let go of i want a Christian friendly version of voltron and perhaps that can happen

What's not Christian about the reboot?

*Xhe

>i want a Christian friendly version of voltron

What isn't "Christian-friendly" about Legendary Defender?

Having black skin is different from having negroid facial features.

Dark Elves, and all that.

Huh. Thought this was Tenchi from the thumbnail.

taking the cross takes one of the cool things from my childhood away you could be a Christian and do good things. Now everyone think Christians are evil I aim to change that.

So a show isn't "Christian-friendly" if it isn't pandering to Christian iconography and beliefs the whole way through?

Dude, just go watch Veggie Tales if you want that.

From one Christian to another. Ranting about insignificant things on Sup Forums isn't the best way to convince people that Christians aren't evil.

But that's literally all anyone does on Sup Forums.

look it works for you but it has ruined something I loved for 30 years, do I want to make you like stuff I like? fuck no I served in the Navy and I love the fact you can argue with me just let me rage lol

>it has ruined something I loved for 30 years

...the "removal" of what is likely an aesthetic addition to a giant robot from a thirty-year-old anime has ruined that anime for you?

Jesus tapdancing Christ, son, you are pathetic.

You are free to rage and that other user is free to rage back at you, that's how the internet works. You're a faggot for sperging out over a children's show and he's a tripfag so just as worthless.

See? This guy gets it.

...hey! I am not worthless because I'm a tripfag! (I'm worthless because I'm a furfag, get it right.)

this shit is cheaper than therapy right? I still think this voltron revamp is bullshit

>this shit is cheaper than therapy right?

Sup Forums isn't therapy, it's self-harm.

ok im bored is warcraft any good?

>is warcraft any good?

Fuck no.

>Now everyone think Christians are evil I aim to change that.
That's not true. Most people think Christians are okay, but just like for every religions, extremists are bad.

Muslims have it much worst than Christians nowadays, anyway.

how does one become a trip fag?

Good one, there are no Muslims in my country but speaking shit of them puts you in the racist bin while doing the same for Christians makes you a comedian.

Muslims are the hip demographic to defend this season.

>Muslims are the hip demographic to defend this season.
Because they are the most attacked ones.
>but speaking shit of them puts you in the racist bin while doing the same for Christians makes you a comedian.
I guess it fall under the same rule as "only black can make jokes about blacks".

When you think "Muslim", you generally think of people from the Middle East, so when someone denigrates Muslims, they're generally denigrating people of Middle Eastern descent - hence the charges of racism.

Christians don't have that problem.

Most people who make fun of chritians come from culture that used to be under the strong influence of christians autorithy.

It's more perceived as an act of rebellion.

Muslims on the other hands, come from countries that used to be colony where the population used to be second class citizens. Making fun of them is more like kicking back to the ground someone that had just stand up.

>Because they are the most attacked ones.
Maybe if they stopped having a backwards misogynistic belief they could join the modern wold d with no problem.

You mean a misogynistic belief like "a woman is responsible for original sin"?

OH WAIT

>Maybe if they stopped having a backwards misogynistic belief they could join the modern wold d with no problem.
A lot of them don't. once again, those are as frequent as the fundies christians.

More like stoning women to death because they where raped, or being burned with acid because their husband felt like it.

What, and Christians never drowned women or burned them at the stake?

>So what these people do this terrible acts today? These other people also did bad things in the past!

Most of them stopped once education became widespread.

If you're gonna call out evil acts done in the name of someone else's religion, don't act as if your religion is all sunshine and puppy farts in comparison.

Or putting people in jail for life for having gay sex, like in Uganda. Oh, wait, it's a Christian, nation. Oh wait, it actually come from American Evangelist who strongly influenced the country.

Maybe backward legislation doesn't come from the religion, but from the cultural environment of the country. And religion is just used as a justification for their act of hate?

Missing the point.

All religions have done terrible things. the problem is not Islam (or Christianity) itself, but the people using it as an excuse to do terrible things.

>If you disagree with me you must belong to the other party!
I'm an atheist to begin with, Christians did a lot of fucked up things but guess what, they stopped once humans right became a thing, a concept Muslim still don't understand. Islam is a ideology akin of medieval times.

Why should I ignore the fact Muslims still stone to death women today just because Christians did the same years ago?

No the point is that these terrible acts are still happen and you try to deflect the fact saying other group did the same with the exception said other group stopped almost a century ago.

>Christians did a lot of fucked up things but guess what, they stopped once humans right became a thing

No. No, they did not. They stopped doing shitty things in the public square, sure - but they didn't stop doing shit like preaching about the evil gays and how women should be subservient to men.

>>If you disagree with me you must belong to the other party!
That is not what he said. he said that all religions have done terrible things, so when one say things such as
>Maybe if they stopped having a backwards misogynistic belief they could join the modern wold d with no problem.
He is mistaken. The problem is not the religion, but the terrible people who weaponize it.

Calling the religion the culprit is missing the the right target. more often than not, it's the institution of power that utilize the religion who are at blame.

>Why should I ignore the fact Muslims still stone to death women today just because Christians did the same years ago?
Because the issue is not with Islam, but with the authority in power who have interrest in enforcing those value to remain in power.

Wow, so one group are now pricks and the other still kill innocent people.

Sure, both are equally bad.

>Wow, so one group are now pricks and the other still kill innocent people.

What, like there haven't been Christians who've committed acts of violence in the name of God in the 20th and 21st centuries?

I am not deflecting anything, I am saying you have got the wrong target.

And some christian group (again, exception) still do terrible things, like US evangelists encouraging anti-gay legislation in African countries.

the issue is not Christianity itself, but the eva,evangelist who propagate an hate message.

The same logic apply with Islam.

Well then give me the source of the acts of violence. I wait while I swim through all the cases if Saudi Arabia taking a shit over human rights.

>Wow, so one group are now pricks and the other still kill innocent people.
Again, missing the point. the problem is not religion, but those who instrumentalize it to do bad things.