What is the greatest show of all time and why is it Mad Men?

What is the greatest show of all time and why is it Mad Men?

You mean The Shield?

Either Spartacus or six Feet Under

... the west wing
>fucktons of awards
>critical claim
>huge, across the board fanbase
>regularly smashed viewing figure records

1. The Wire
2. Mad Men
3. The Sopranos
4. Twin Peaks
5. Seinfeld
6. Lost
7. Boardwalk Empire
8. Deadwood
9. Six Feet Under
10. The Twilight Zone

90000001. Breaking Bad
900000001. Friends
9000000001. How i Met Your Mother

These are terrible criteria for deciding which show is the greatest ever. Do you have any taste of your own?

What are your specific objections to Breaking Bad?
It's not up there with Mad Men but I feel a lot of people seem to dislike it for what they've made of it (nonstop le epic explosions and quips) rather than what it was.

trips of truth. you are right and everyone who disagrees is wrong. and no its not just because i too think mad men is the greatest television show of all time.

It really is Mad Men, or at least it's tied with The Sopranos for that title.

>What is the greatest show of all time
It's Mad Men

>why is it Mad Men?
I don't know, because you got trips maybe

checked

Making a Murderer, as greatness is best evaluated based on its impact on society.

I never found Walter to be a convincing criminal. I realize that was initially the point of the show, but when he would don his fedora and intimidate people/beat them up, it was beyond cringeworthy.

I was exaggerating where i put it in the rankings to get some (yous), but it isn't in my top ten.

>The Wire
cool when you're a 15 white suburban kid, cringey as fuck when you get older
>Mad Men
nothing ever happens, charcterization is never revealed, vague as shit, hidden behind 'sophistication' and 'social commentary
>the sopranos
never saw it
>twin peaks
saw the original run, comfy af sometimes and some keks, not gonna watch the plebflix version ever
>seinfeld
how's 8th grade going m8? don't let it being the #1 rated show in it's prime keep you from thinking you're in some special club for watching it
>lost
gaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
>boardwalk empire
Mad Men's autistic cousin
>deadwood
my criticisms are a mix of my previous criticisms of mad men and seinfeld
>Six feet under
never saw it
>twilight zone
pretentious crap. rod was like a 7th grader who first learns about 'similies and metaphorts' such a fedora tipper that guy

>breaking bad, how i met your mother
agree with these rankings 100 percent. terrible terrible shows
friends sucked too

im not such a self centered autist to think my personal taste would have any bearing on the objective question "greatest show of all time"

personally i would say babylon 5, but thats more nostalgia than actual merit

Then it's the Apprentice

It's Mad Men bc it's it's such a tightly controlled fully realized vision. Just a fine production in every aspect.

Do you like anything?
Perchance some really obscure shows nobody's heard of and can't refute?

Nobody cares about your uninformed opinion

>vague as shit, hidden behind 'sophistication' and 'social commentary

Examples? Assuming you watched it, of course.

went from compelling premise with restraint on the EBIC moments about a guy who the writers still had sympathy for in season 1. something happened over the break between one and two and vince got some enormous hatred hard on against walt and decided wigger jesse was a saint (loveable junkie, aren't i brilliant?)
no matter what they did i never hated walt until season 5 but never in the ways others. just a cringey Disney villian by 5.
People's acceptance of mike while shitting on walt reallt activates my almonds
mike told walt to let gus kill jesse (half measures)
walt saves jesse and ruins his standing with gus
only spared cause of gale's death but knows its only a matter of time
instantly sees through fake car robbery that jesse is too stupid to see through
jesse gets to feel like a big man
mike decides he likes jesse.
still mad at walt for disobeying gus... by saving jesse's life
mike had no characterization iand it was hard to belive that faggot grandpa could do what he did

also
>7 episodes building up hitmen to be unstoppable badasses
>stand in front of a truck coming at you trying to shoot the driver through the window
and people unironically say that's a great scene

so season 1 showed a lot of promise but 2-6 were a giant waste of time

i like malcolm in the middle
Malcolm>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>seinfeld, the office, 30 plebs, parks and rec, archer, reddit and morty, family guy, kike park

>i can read everybody's mind

Trust me, it's a safe assumption

just say it confidently and smugly and i guess it becomes true

You mean M*A*S*H?
because 107 million viewers watched it.

mash>>>>KIKEfeld

what are the best, or even shows that slightly live up to Mad Men since it went off the air?

The Americans

>The Americans
ok grandma

Mad Men is best because it's mostly white and not littered with whiny "liberal" retards, they can get away with not being PC which is actually more realistic than anything else on TV, and they don't need cheap stunts, tits or gore to keep viewers entertained. The show has a warm tone to it, some humour, but it's still dark in parts.

Not that guy and I quite like Breaking Bad but the final season was just silly
Using the giant magnet to destroy the police evidence locker was the start of the show being ridiculous and it only got worse from there. I still can't quite believe that the finale of Breaking Bad was Walt building an automated machine gun to save Jesse after he was kidnapped by nazis

>not being PC
PC as fuck my friend. they demonize the 'unenlightened' people. part of the appeal was feeling better than the racists and sexists.
though the office men really were degenerate pigs, i concur.
but womyn shouldn't be working anyway

>Using the giant magnet to destroy the police evidence locker was the start of the show being ridiculous
>the start
look way way way way way further back then that