TV is dying and that is a good thing

it means advertiser driven media is collapsing.
it means corportate cultural hegemony is coming to an end.
it means better media that people actually want to watch, instead of water down shit.
it means california and new york can no longer export their culture to the rest of the country, or anywhere.
and the culture they do export, is meaningless shit, like transformers and cape movies.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamer.com/more-people-watch-gaming-videos-and-streams-than-hbo-netflix-espn-and-hulu-combined/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It means they're looking to other means of getting their ads to you dummy

Thank God for internet adblocks.

I haven't seen an ad online in more than a decade.
download adblocker once, forget about it, and live your life ad free

>use someone else's computer or my phone
>ads fucking everywhere
>this is how 90% of the world browses the internet
jesus

This means adblockers will be legally prosecuted in the future :^(

That doesn't mean everyone blocks them, and because they don't, advertising is still tremendously influential. OP's point is retarded. Look at Youtube - it is precisely that advertiser-friendly, watered down exporting of New York and California culture. You might not see the adverts, but it dictates the kind of content produced, which you do see.

>forcing capitalism down people's throats

Problem commie?

well at least they could make cities look like blade runner if that's how it's going to be

>parent/sibling gets a new laptop
>install lite av/adblocking apps to firefox/chrome
>they fuck it up everytime and end up using IE

it means more fucking ads everywhere else
I was happy when they stuck to tv, hadn't watched any in nearly decade. whenever I saw tv somewhere outside my home it was ads, ads, ads. please support tv

I bought an android phone and I'm too lazy or scared to root it
It's fucking ads everywhere. I've been using the original adblock, abp, ublock etc. for like 15 years so this is literal torture. Every youtube video has an ad before it. The android firefox is shit and the chrome doesn't allow extensions. It's torture.

>it means california and new york can no longer export their culture to the rest of the country, or anywhere.
honestly think it's too late, the damage has already been done to the rest of the West i.e. EU.

Use Brave Browser, it has built in adblocker
Same with Polarity

does it work as well as chrome? I like chrome because phonebrowsing with it for the first time doesn't feel like being a second class user. every video, stream, whatever functionality works as if I was using a computer. firefox has that shitty >mobileposting feel and it crashes like once a day

Millennials, the most liberal, dont watch TV as it is. Only old people watch TV and they're already conservative

Nothing will change

advertisers want the young audience because brand loyalty is real

Chrome is cancerous spyware. Don't use it if you value privacy or an efficient browser.

ads will come to netflix.

I value privacy but like I said the user experience with it (on mobile) is unlike any other browser I've tried. To the point where I'm willing to let (((google))) know what kind of japanese cartoon characters I jerk it to.

see
Also I just want to say fuck new york and all of its people. God Bless America but fuck that shithole new york city.

>it means california and new york can no longer export their culture
Spotted the alt-right faggot.

>believing this will have any real impact on the half dozen media goliaths still left in the business
>thinking there's going to be a cultural renaissance in television and film from the flyover states

FUCKING LEL

Eh, I don't think much is going to change. Haven't been too impressed with the subscription services, and I think the more unfortunate truth is that corporate involvement or not, tv and other entertainment producers have been in the business of giving people what they want. There might be more bad words and boobies in the future but I don't think any renaissance is coming, to say nothing of whatever annoying shit the advertisers come up with to get attention instead of sinking the bulk of their resources into an easily ignored platform.

>he's this naive

All that corporate and pop culture propaganda will just shift to streaming services, already has.

The only TV I watch is shit on HBO, sometimes Showtime and STARZ. Network TV is unwatchable. Cable is basically unwatchable with only .1% of the programming remotely interesting out of 80 channels.

Can't wait for corporations and the government to destroy the internet, though.

Thinking of people still using internet explorer after all this time is so fucked.

shit, i knew this would come soon. Its not great, all the shittiness of the tv providers will spill over into the internet, they will also lobby for anti-net neutrality and probably win, ads everywhere too. If TV goes down it's taking us with it

Reed Hastings is a dunce but I don't think he's that stupid.

What this really means though is the death of net neutrality. If advertisers and cable companies keep seeing declining cable TV numbers, they'll set upon regulating the internet to gain back that lost revenue.

At least on the bright side, Sup Forums is such a shithole that no ISP force its customers to pay extra for access.

Yes, it uses the webkit/Chromium engine, but telemetry is gutted, and ads are blocked by ublock

Why don't they just use subliminal messaging and hypnosis techniques?

I'll give it a shot. When I originally got a smartphone I refused to use chrome because of botnet but after frustrating myself with shitty alternatives I just gave in.

Do you have F-Droid? You can also find non-root adblockers on there as well

Dude what you just said makes sense to me, it just dawned on me. What browser should I go to next, someone literally help please.

no matter how long I wait it gets stuck on 100% and won't install. is this a jew trick?

See

No, what phone do you have? Brave is the company formed by the old Mozilla CEO that got forced down by SJWs, no sheeni tricks

>Sup Forums is such a shithole that no ISP force its customers to pay extra for access.
Leave that to hiro and all the cucks that ware proud of using a pass.

oneplus3t

I've only installed some apps from the play store and once an adblocked from outside the appstore but it didn't work. never had an app hung up on 100% before, usually it's very fast

Shot, root it and get Adblock from F-Droid, that shit works like gangbusters

Finally. Fuck Jewish television.

I'm old enough to get scared by the void your warranty/might brick your phone memes

Trust me, OnePlus phones are extremely friendly to rooting, Google OnePlus 3T rooting methods, alot are easy as fuck

what do you think of duckduckgo?

It's shit
Use Start Page which uses a proxy to search google

>the cucks that ware proud of using a pass.
disgusting
these faggots have no place on Sup Forums.
What's sad is reddit is claiming to have been here since 2005 and quickly run over to know your meme when someone calls them out on it.

Firefox is good enough on mobile for daily usage in my opinion, but I'll admit that it's far from perfect. Especially considering that the proprietary android browser is utter dogshit, and safari on iPhones (which track you and steal data even more than google) isn't much better. Honestly, if you don't keep any data or look up anything on your phone that you wouldn't be comfortable with google or you federal government knowing, then just use your preferred browser. If you keep your phone separate to your computer and just wank to shitty gook cartoons then it doesn't matter because nobody really cares about your masturbation habits, and it's not like they can do anything with it against you.

I like to use firefox, but you'd be stupid to think that it's a great deal better than chrome. They do say they care about privacy, and to an extent they put their money where their mouth is, but even if the company that develops the browser has completely pure and innocent intentions, they can still inadvertently give away data or let another entity look at your stuff without really stopping them. A good idea is to use DuckDuckGo as a search engine, I know google is supposedly better than any other search engine, and duckduckgo will seem a bit shit at fiirst, but it's a lot less compromised and malicious than google search.

>all these fucking literally who's browsers being mentioned

Im too old for this shit. I just want brand A, the good guys which I use and brand B the bad guys that I shit on with my brand A product in my hand.

Shit, I know I should just do it. I could get f.lux and I wouldn't have to watch an ad before every youtube video. I googled it the day I got the phone and the first page was just warnings so I closed the tab and figured I'd learn to live without it but it's nagging me every day.

Just suck it up and do it, if you hate it so much quit putting it off, you're not going to brick the phone if you take the time to read the instructions

Wake up grampa, there are almost as many browsers out there as distros, stick to you IE you lazy old fart

I liked firefox well enough for a few months, but it started crashing on me. More than once a day. Reinstalling did nothing. Videos don't work properly and the last straw was that the Sup Forums "choose file" button stopped working. I still use it for simple sites where I know it works like reading the news because it has ublock but it's a hassle always reopening urls in chrome because firefox couldn't show them right.

Duckduckgo is deprecated according to Sup Forums
Also it's ran by da joos

That's nice. Now we'll have several dozen more "prestige" TV shows that think of themselves as 70 hour movies to keep up with, all of whom will have 95+ Rotten Tomato scores because the cottage industry of *prestige TV reviewing* created to further increase ad sales on media websites will want to keep their newly formed institution and said ad revenue alive.

TV sucks all of it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA *inhales* HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

???

The only Android device I ever bricked was international version of the droid 2 for verizon. It was such an edge case, though. I knew it might fail. I've rooted nexus, htc, and nook devices with no issue

oh hey I alt-tabbed and it's installed. if you can see this post it works at least on Sup Forums

Try YouTube on the browser

yeah the player looks like that old schoolish firefox browser but it works. I'll know better with more time and a variety of uses but seems to work just like chrome without the ads, thanks I already changed it to default

Those companies shouldnt even have money to spend on advertising. That money should be in the hands of the people, who then decide what shows to spend it on.

Malicious fucks. Too bad we dont have a little red button to press that instantly melts every human that subscribes to cable tv. Fucking losers.

Youtubers, Twitch streamers and podcasters are already shilling on their actual shows like there's no tomorrow. Adblock can't stop that.

This.
In every era there are successes that turn into lazy, innovation-hating, parasitic rentiers, because they want what worked in the past to always work the same way.

they do, read about Bernays
t. ad man

Look up MRI marketing. Very expensive but allegedly Fanta used it and it increased their earnings

Check out DNS66 for android. No root. Blocks ads at dns level. Ive been using it since last year, seems to work great. But i havent kept up on discussions about it so i dont know what the developer has been up to.

The way I see it is this.
A company makes a name for itself by producing quality entertainment for decades. Then, the people who had the talent and ingenuity to make it work either die off or retire.
New blood takes over, usually some wet behind the ears little shit fresh out of Cambridge or Harvard, probably only because daddy had the right contacts. Is a retard who does coke and fucks gay prostitutes all day and just tells people to figure out what worked in the past.
Add on to that whatever dumb shit is appealing to young people these days identity politics and you have a mess on your hands.
This is exactly why Disney sucks these days.

>Fanta
The soda people?

>Coke subsidiary using subliminal messaging
Color me shocked!

Anyone know if there's a youtube player for android that
1. blocks ads
2. supports logging in, subscriptions etc.
3. bonus: remembers watched videos/progress like the official one

Really the only the first two are necessary but I haven't found such. WP had metrotube which was great. Using youtube on browser is kinda shitty even compared to the official app but the app has so many ads.

New pipe might support log-on/subscriptions, but I don't think they got the watched videos/progress feature, but they do block ads and you have the option of using an external player

Mri doesn't seem too bad, if I were to read a book by bernays to get an idea of what we was about where's a good place to start?

new pipe doesn't support subscriptions amd that's a deal breaker. my account is from 2006 and I have quite a collection of them. I don't just open random youtube urls from other websites which is what newpipe seems to be aimed towards. searchimg channels individually is a chore amd the default youtube front page is absolute cancer.

Then those are probably all propreitary features that won't be found on another YouTube app

how old are you?

Metrotube had them in 2012 but it was made by one russian guy for a platform no one cared about so he probably broke a bunch of laws

Was it on the official WP app store? Microsoft probably didn't give a shit

yeah it was and he even charged money for it. there was also an instagram app that was way better than the official one (for any device), didn't have ads and was made by one guy. wp had some good apps ironically since the lack of apps was its downhall. microsoft didn't do any level of quality control for the store, in good and bad.

when I say "no ads" I mean they had the generic banner ads (obviously paying themselves) that you could get rid off for 0.99 or 1.99 one time payment and none of the youtube's/instagram's own ads.

How mad?

now i can make a youtube channel, shill it on here, and exploit patreon to support my NEET lifestyle

>watching sellout tubers

I block that manually by not watching shit like that in the first place. What the fuck is wrong with you?

I like idubs and h3

Got a visa gift card from work for the holidays. Bought a pass so I can shitpost behind a vpn.
>implying I'd ever trust hiro with legit credit card info

does that mean jews are out of business for their diversity and anti-white propaganda?

>implying I'd ever trust hiro with legit credit card info
>having a cc at all

>Bought a pass
kill yourself faggot

We just replaced TV with Netflix, Hulu, HBOGO, etc. Nothing will change.

a lot of sites are getting craftier and always detecting and forcing you to disable if you want to view the content. We're in a loop-phase now where you're best off getting the newest updated blockers every month because adblock detection only gets more advanced. Personally I just take out my headphones, go take a piss or grab a drink/snack, or tab to Sup Forums if I'm ever forced into watching an ad. There's a hidden joy in knowing that through all their efforts to make me watch an ad, I can always just shift my attention away for a moment

Does brave only do low quality video?

pcgamer.com/more-people-watch-gaming-videos-and-streams-than-hbo-netflix-espn-and-hulu-combined/
the age of the kino is over, the time of the vidya has come

No? I regularly use it for 1080p

How about watch YouTube on a computer like an adult instead of on a shitty phone like a 13 year old whose parents cut off computer privileges. I hate throwing the hurr you are underage card but what the fuck. Why watch anything on a phone

>it means corportate cultural hegemony is coming to an end

It just means they'll go full force on the internet and streaming services.

don't they?

because you can take your phone to the shitter/commute/wherever without it being an ordeal.

F

good riddance

>take your phone to the shitter/
>commute
fucking pathetic

Like the other user said, commute. But also because I can do it while laying on the couch or bed and the videos I watch on youtube are usually all about the audio. i use headphones and looking at the screen is secondary, why not do it on the phone? I'm 27 and own a desktop computer with two 24" monitors but I use it less than my phone these days tbqh.

your ISP will be able to block you from anything they want unless you pay them more since trump is a dumb nigger, pretty soon

>I'm 27 and own a desktop computer with two 24" monitors but I use it less than my phone these days tbqh.
that is why you fail.

I'm phoneposting right now while the computer that is 2 meters away from me is turned off.

Really I'd like to get rid of it, but then I want to have it available for more serious use if whenever I have the need. Like text processing, photoshop, ordering stuff online, doing some legal paperwork etc. It's nice that it's there. But for everyday life I hardly bother to turn it on unless I need to torrent a movie to watch on my phone.