Gib slow burning unconventional Westerns

gib slow burning unconventional Westerns
inb4 Dead Man

Dead Man

can't think of any but meek's cutoff was awesome

Alive man x)

The Proposition

Pale Rider

I don't really know what Jarmusch was trying to do with Dead Man, but I enjoyed it

Bad Company

>ITT: Acid Westerns

maybe this is too on the nose

Bone Tomahawk

El Topo was arguably the first acid Western and no Jodorowsky film is slow burning, they're quite the opposite in fact

silly boi

Where there any Americans in this film set in America?

IIRC three of the characters immigrated from Europe.

That's what I'm asking, you dope

>can't spell were correctly
>I'm the dope here

But getting serious, the west was predominately settled/tamed by 1st and 2nd generation immigrants from Europe. If you had been around long enough to consider yourself an American citizen you usually stayed in the cities/on the east coast where there was civilization.

wtf does drumpf no about this

The Hired Hand.

THE SHOOTING

if you liked Meek's Cutoff and Dead Man you will probably love THE SHOOTING - written by jack nicholson as an existentialist western during his LSD and Roger Corman phase - directed by classic cult director Monte Hellman of TWO LANE BLACKTOP fame

Thanks for the rec

>slow burning
you mean boring as fuck, right?

hope you are OP, when i saw this thread the shooting came to mind immediately

The Ballad of Cable Hogue

Cut-throats 9
Django il Bastardo
Django Kill
¡Mátalo!
Cemetery Without Crosses

This sounds really interesting.

THIS

seconding this. not that unconventional for a 70s western but a masterpiece worth watching all the same.

OP said slow, not snow

Bumping this

HIGH NOON
UNFORGIVEN
JEREMIAH JOHNSON

this is great

High Plains Drifter

I liked this movie because it didn't have Western bang bang bullshit, the characters were believable and the Indian was portrayed as more of a mysterious figure rather than simply as a barbarian or noble savage

all convention defining movies