Itt: comics that got you into comics

>itt: comics that got you into comics
This shit was like crack for my 9 year old brain

Starting out with a Moore-comic is pretty noble achivement. I hope your taste didn't erode since.

Well, it kind of opened the doorway to my interest in older and pulp style comics. All of Moore's America's Best Comics line holds a very special place in my heart, Tomorrow Stories especially

Literally the first comic I ever bought. Probably not the first one I read, but definitely the first one I ever bought on my own.

I still can't believe I found a scan of it. (Thank you based LibGen.)

Mine was Adventures Of Superman #558, distinctively remember the crayon style drawing cover

You should check out his Future Shocks collection, if you didn't already. Very similar to his short, funny sf yarns in Tomorrow.

>This shit was like crack for my 9 year old brain
I'll bet.

Tintin, Spirou, Asterix and Lucky Luke was the comics I grew up with - they led me to find Laureline et Valerian, Horny Goof, The hermetic garage, Jeremiah, Tanguy et Laverdure. This in turn got me hooked on the cheap anthologies featuring Modesty Blaise, Garth, Rip Kirby etc.

I expanded my horizon with not only the Franco/Belgo school of comics, but british (2000AD and Halo Jones), dutch (Franka and Agent 327) and american (FF, Spiderman, Superman, Batman) ditto.

Later I stumpled on Yotsuba and Akira.

I find I have a rather all-round comicbook taste.

I'm new to the medium, started reading because of the movies.

Heard this was good and accessible, so it was the first one I read.

That IS a good start, though it'll spoil you, because not many series are as good as that.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

A STALKER comic storytime here on Sup Forums

Yeah I was a bit disappointed that not many Marvel ongoings at the time were that great. I did get into Gillen's Journey Into Mystery and later into Ellis Moon Knight though.

Started reading some older runs after.

I can recommend Brubaker's "Criminal" anthologies and his "Catwoman"
Darwyn Cooke also did a brilliant "Catwoman".
Jodorowsky and Moebius' "Incal" books are also a fun read - spiritual sci-fi comedy drama mix.
Man, there's tons of fun books out there.

Thanks for the recs, I'll check them out.

Anytime man - this is Sup Forums after all.

My younger Brother got this in a action figure combo pack, I read it and got addicted bought up every punisher comic I could find

Bump an actually helpful thread.

I had no idea what the fuck was happening but I needed more

When Spidey gets angry, he's effin' scary.
Loved that run - it was of course utterly destroyed by OMD. The reason I haven't read Marvel since 2007.

Not ashamed.
I was in a bad place in middle school and comics made me forget.

I had a very close friend in high school who loved Johnny The Homicidal Maniac and Invader Zim. He was an emo, but a still really nice guy who was just the by-product of a shit family life

I'm curious but Does it have SJW stuff

What do you consider SJW stuff? Do you get triggered by female characters in general? Kate is a big part of the book, but there's zero politics and preachy shit in the comic.

Just the last two parts, but I'm totally cool with prominent female characters

My favorite parts of Aquaman and Vis/Witch were Mera and Wanda. Thanks user

No problem, it's a fun run.

the first comic I ever really remember owning and reading. I cant remember if it was an original or a reprint but I remember that I read that sucker so many times and took it with me everywhere that it eventually fell apart.

I had a lot of reprint books growing up, namely DC Special, Silver Age Showcase, Millennium Edition, and those huge ass Treasury books

I kind of view them as like those little sampler boxes of cereal and candy

I always thought the reprints were great. I never really thought of them as sample comics though. more like records of the past or a way to start building the canon/headcanon of the comics universe. that said though the TPB of the old comics doesn't quite work thanks in part to the old printing method and the fact they were printed on pulp paper, iv got a few cap and fan4 TPB's done in the old style but the colors just aren't right when their printed on modern glossy paper. that said I still love em its just they cant really match the quality of printing of classic comics on pulp

90s were a wild ride

I still have mine complete with Galactus foot.

Well I meant "sampler" as kind of gateway drug to different characters. The Millennium Edition of Brave & The Bold #28 is how I got into Green Lantern, even though the story didn't focus much on him at all

I was/am turned off by a lot of 90's comics what with the liefeld aesthetic running wild. but for some reason I just couldn't stop collecting the Generation X series for some reason,I blame Emma frost

I always loved the fact that the Marvel Legends figures came with a free reprint comic, kind of sad that DC never really followed suit

I wasn't a fan of that style either, but the X-Men just seemed too fucking cool of a concept to me. They are still my favorite cape shit and i'm sad that Marvel is killing the brand

There are very few 90's Marvel books that I will read willingly because of how utterly shit rhe storytelling was. But on the flipside, it was like the golden era for DC, minus the numerous events and character deaths/injuries

no, I understand and your right I got into it in the same way. another big thing that helped were the marvel encyclopedia books they had, iv still got my hulk, Spiderman and 2 Xmen ones they really helped build my foundational knowledge on the characters especially the ones where I couldn't get the comics that had them. its thanks to those books that I learned about characters like changeling or early xmen origins

Spooky magic stories>historical stories>>>>modern-day stories

Also Thorgal was the shit. All dem boobies.

fraction's hawkeye and saga for me

and probably a lot as well who are newcomers turned off by 'house style'