We didn't deserve this man

Is this unironically the greatest speech in movie history?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w8HdOHrc3OQ
academic.oup.com/ije/article/42/4/1100/659306
cddc.vt.edu/sionline/presitu/flatfeet.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Ju-WrZaPH9o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes.

And still relevant

It's a naive teenage liberal's idea of a great speech

>we didn't deserve this man

you're absolutely right. Chaplin was a genius

the youtube version with that shitty inception music destroys my soul

Edgy contrarian comment

This desu. I was blown away by that speech when I was an edgy 15-year-old only watching The Great Dictator in the first place out of hipster pretentiousness.

I'm a hard conservative and I still love this speech. Regardless of what he says, the performance is what really sells it.

how so? explain why it's not a great speech

I think it's ends the movie relatively decently. Worst part of the movie though.

He was a good honest man. That scene with the kid in The Tramp was one of the funniest things and most heartwrenching thing I've seen in a silent film. The man could tell you a story in just body language alone.

Nope, the opposite. It didn't fit. It lessened an otherwise good movie.

Far from it.
Chaplin had more hardships and his share of hard work than you'll ever be likely to experience and lived trough two world wars. There were some genuine passion and weight to these words, unlike most of those uttered by current liberal or conservative voices of our era.

Only some edgy Sup Forums faggot who unironically likes Hitler would have any problem with The Great Dictator. This is probably one of the most important American films ever made but of course, we have kids like you.

it's cringe

He knocked up a 15 year old, did you know that?

>caring about some commie retard

nice explanation

Speeches only appeal to emotional faggots.

youtube.com/watch?v=w8HdOHrc3OQ
It ultimately calls for all of humanity to unite for humanities sake and reach true happiness
Or you could live at the boots of the men who treat you like animals

During an era where most people were still considered lucky to reach 30.

>Dude why can't we just love one another lol #NotAllMuslims
It's just another example of namby pamby leftists not living in reality

That is not true.

For people to object to Hitler is legitimate. For people to pretend that he came out of the clear blue sky is not. Bavaria was assembling a viable Bolshevik government complete with mass murder and pseudo-scientific "institutes" were trying to normalize pedophilia.

The the Sup Forumstards are here, complaining about the politics of the speech, rather than the amazing line deliveries from Chaplin. You kids just don't understand good acting when you see it.

glad I could help

>liking machinemanophobic bigots

>people aren't allowed to discuss both aspects of the speech

u.demog.berkeley.edu/~andrew/1918/figure2.html

>muh boogeyman of the week
When all of this autism ends and you look like those factors from WW2 who said "we shouldn't let any Jews in to the US", or when you look like those faggots who said that the Irish are going to destroy America, or those faggots who (insert minority here), I wonder if you will feel foolish about your beliefs?

How many homeland terror attacks were from American Muslims in the US?

>talking about Weimar Germany
>posts stats about Roaring Twenties United States

good for him

That's twice as much as 30.

Because what would the other logical position even be? That you like Hitler and support him?

Why do you love foreigners so much, user? More importantly, why do you want to force them onto the people that don't share that love?

>homeland
The term "homeland" has no legitimacy in the American context.
And plenty. WTC, WTC, Pentagon, San Bernadino, Florida and the soldier who literally explained to the army that he felt obligated to kill for Allah in a fucking Power Point presentation (complete with Quranic citations) off the top of my head, but there are more beyond this. How many Nazis are just phantoms and hoaxes? How many convictions came out of the Hutaree mess?

Oh, you want Europe? That actually lovers it.
academic.oup.com/ije/article/42/4/1100/659306

>twice
kek

Yes, and I'm suspect of any who claim it is "edgy".

>Berlin, Germany- A row of German women laugh heartily as they see Charlie Chaplin's imitation of Hitler making a speech in the movie 'The Great Dictator.' The film, shown experimentally to some 400 Berliners under the auspices of the American Military Government's Information Control Division.

>force
America has had specific open borders policies for over 100 years you dumb turd. This entire country is literally built,by immigrants.

Chaplin said nothing in that speech about making war on Hitler. He babbled about peace. He was like everyone else, still in shock from WWI.

>The term "homeland" has no legitimacy in the American context.
Are...are you autistic?

Goddam "aryans" are hideous

During the war or after?

I never said he wanted to make war on Hitler, my point was that the reverse position is supporting Hitler. Chaplin vehemently condemns Hitler.

Fuck Charlie Cucklin. The Situationists had his number-
'Sub Mack Sennett director, sub-Max Linder actor, Stavisky of the tears of unwed mothers and the little orphans of Auteuil, you are Chaplin, emotional blackmailer, master-singer of misfortune.'
cddc.vt.edu/sionline/presitu/flatfeet.html

>oh, you want Europe?
No. The relevant statistics as laid out at the beginning would be for Weimar Germany, where starvation was a thing, and not "The United States" or "Europe." Got anything on Samarkand for the same time period? How about North Africa?

>starvation not a thing in other parts of Europe or the United states during the 10s and the 20s
kek

>founded on only giving "free white men of good character" citizenship and voting rights
>women couldn't vote for most of it's history
>blacks couldn't vote and were literally property for most of it's history
>expanded during a surge of EUROPEAN immigration that was still racist to the Irish and Italians
>this means spics and niggers from Somalia deserve to come here and leech off welfare forever
50+ of hispanic and black households are on welfare. The Chinese at least actually built some shit out west.

*ring ring*
Hello, this is the Holodomor speaking

You do realize that the majority of homeland shootings were statistically more white,up until like, 5 months ago? That you are even more likely to die of,nicotene poisoning in the US than from Jihadist attack?

A white kid literally just shot up a business a week ago, bet you didn't even pay attention to it because he wasn't a muslim meme.

>This entire country is literally built,by immigrants.
Yes, white ones. But those aren't what we're talking about, user, so don't be disingenuous.

Do you think it's ok to force people to live with others they don't want to live with?

,>waaah the speech isn't about killing liberals and niggers and instead about how humans need to be more compassionate and caring for one another it's fucking terrible

>A white kid literally just shot up a business a week ago
And nignogs have killed a dozen in my city in the past five days.

I have no clue what this autistic Sup Forums point is. But there was literally a near 100 year period where we didn't even vet immigrants and we wanted everyone in.

Sadly this. Like some other user already said, the delivery makes it not the utopian contents.

Check the filename, 1946.

It is pretty damn good. Anyone who disagrees is a Sup Forumsnigger

We are talking about homeland terror, bud. Not black on black crime.

>anyone that disagrees with me is pol!
you are no better

>B-B-BUT SOME OF DA IMMIGRANTS WERE MY VERSION OF WHITE!
Getting even more desperate with this argument, huh? The Irish weren't considered white for a long time buddy. Neither were Italians. Neither were Roma people. Neither were Greeks.

found the Sup Forums fag

Everyone is better than Sup Forums, don't kid yourself retard.

>The Irish weren't considered white for a long time buddy. Neither were Italians. Neither were Roma people. Neither were Greeks.
And neither did "literally" build this country. Roma aren't even white now, they're Northern Indians you imbecile.

fair point actually

No. Liberal cuck.

And what 100 year period was that? The period with immigration quotas? Or the period where Jews, Arabs and Blacks were specifically banned from entering? Or the period where only whites were allowed to vote? If your point is "we've always been a country of immigrants" you're only half right, because we've always been a country of white immigrants.

Name one thing non-white immigrants have "built"

>the Irish didn't help build this country
Holy shit you really are fucked in the head, aren't you?

>all these faggots who haven't realized that the jew promotes a man-centric worldview

>the world is America
Meanwhile, in Europe...

Guys, guys. guys!!!!!!!!

****WE**** NEED TO FEEL WITH OUR HEARTS AND STOP THINKING SO MUCH!!!!!?!?!?!?!

EMOTION IS THE KEY

LOVE IS THE KEY

STOP THINKING SO MUCH AND GIVE IN TO THE LOOOOOOOOOOOVE

Hitler was right about almost everything.

Your entire shtick is to try to ever so slightly revise history because you obviously have issues with immigrants. You have no actual point to make on an intellectual level.
>Name one thing non-white immigrants have "built"
You literally live in a melting pot country, that sells itself internationally as a melting pot, where immigrants helped build and mold pur economy. I guess the chinese building the railroads is a meme,too amirite?

Fuck off already, we all see your agenda. It has no concrete basis in anything. Go back.

*it calls for all of humanity to unite under the Jews so they can live like kings and gorge themselves while the goyim either slave away at manual labor or get exterminated.

Funny how you had to go from "literally built this country" to "help". Yes, they helped. My nigger housemaid helps me keep my house clean too, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't stand here without her.

It's like it was written by a teenage girl who's entire political outlook is "OMG WE SHOULD JUST, LIKE, ALL BE NICE TO EACH OTHER THEN THE WORLD WOULD BE NICE

You want to talk Europe? Let's go then. Got some stats?

They're the ones who didn't get raped and murdered by the Soviets.

>until 5 months ago
When whites and white Hispanics became distinctly labelled in FBI statistics. Protip: it's the Hispanic gangbangers

>implying hitler did anything wrong
: the movie
Nice shit thread OP

Does it take effort to be a racist meme? Do you feel proud?

''White'' is an American invention and the prototype for ''one race, the human race'' faggotry. No one through out history ever considered Greeks, Spanish, Danish, etc to be one interchangeable homogeneity just because they were European.

No, this is the greatest speech

youtube.com/watch?v=Ju-WrZaPH9o

Again no, even in the FBI stats, most homeland terror is done by extremist whites.

I know the FBI stats only count when you agree with them though.

And why shouldn't we attempt to be nicer to one another? Or do you honestly think the two World Wars are the way to go when it comes to human behaviour?

No, it doesn't. Yes, I do.

m8 there's literally been 2 terrorist attacks in England within the span of a month.

Ok? That just helps my discussion.

Well we have literally had the Western World and the Orient since Ancient Greece so you're quite wrong

Our defining glory is the flowering of English common law, not random interchangeable mongrels doing brute labor a hundred years later. English common law has an ethnic character. It's English.

There's nothing more sickening than a pacifist.

I am aware. The trick is not to fall into a trap and think that all of Europe is falling apart because of a handful of terrible attacks

Yeah well I didn't know you were talking about Homeland terror, because I wasn't following the conversation. That stat is still bullshit, however, due to the way the FBI counts terror attacks, as Muslims have caused more casualties but it's possible whites have committed more crimes overall.

>ENGLISH COMMON LAW REEEEEE I AM ACTUALLY JUST A RACIST BUT HAVE TO DO ALL SORTS OF GYMNASTICS

That was a spinster in the 20s though.

Why?

>Do you think it's ok to force people to live with others they don't want to live with?
"We should just bow to people's prejudices!" What a fucking cop out

Pretty much. Reddit was all over this shit years ago for that very same reason.

Globalist bullshit disguised as humanism. But then again, humanism is globalist bullshit in the first place, but whatever.

>the stats are bullshit because I disagree with them
I hope you understand how this comes off as you bargaining with facts, on the grounds that you don't like them...

Beating your head against a brick wall m8. If they want to think Europe's under siege by brown people who talk funny, they're not gonna be swayed. More people get murdered every year in the US than have ever died from terrorism in the UK - but yeah, we're the ones who should be scared

I live in London and everyone here is just fucking dealing with it.