Neon Genesis Evangelion Adaptation Picked Up By HBO

screenrant.com/neon-genesis-adaption-picked-up-hbo/

>The world famous anime Neon Genesis Evangelion has officially been picked up by HBO for a live action adaptation under the title, Evangelion
>The short series will run 26, 40 minute episodes adapting the anime and beyond
>HBO has yet to announce a director and cast, but promises a teaser trailer revealing both by the end of the summer.
>Talks of adapting the anime finale, End of Evangelion for a theatrical film have also surfaced.

It's fucking happening.

fake and gay

Cast them, Sup Forums

as long as they don't do the fucked up bullshit tv ending and go straight to the end of evangelion

kill yourself

there will never be a good western adaptation of classic animu
face the truth so you don't have to experience the disappointment

Gendo - White
Shinji - Half Asian
Rei - Asian
Asuka - German/white
Misato - Asian
Kowaru - Asian
Kaji - White
Fuyutsuki - White
Rest of Nerv - Asian
Shinjis classmates - Asian except the 2 main kids
Keel and the rest of Selee - Faceless/multicultural once we see their faces in EoE

Asa Butterfield as shinji
alexia ioannides as that autist rei

Asuka would be black, I guarantee it. Shinji white, like most of the cast, Rei asian.

odds that shinji will be a nigger?

>Sorry, the page you are looking for cannot be found or has been deleted

this isn't diverse enough user we need some blacks and maybe an arab in there

ya got me op, good one

>Asuka - German/white

She's half American though, so they'd definitely make her some stong black woman

Also, Fuyutsuki should be Asian if Rei/Yui is IMO. Makes more sense when he's cucked by Gendo's BWC

Sure, OP is full of shit, but this would probably happen in our lifetimes. Think about that...

its fake nigger

also, america wouldn't care about making Eva faithful

an HBO remake would be filled with
>disgusting 3DPD
>make asuka a black girl
>not set in japan
>overabundance of action
>no more religious symbolism
>jew it up
>have to have one actor that everyone recognized most likely a GoT shit or some gay shit

>they'd make asuka a black girl

I'm okay with this. she's as bitchy as one anyways

also it would be a nice middle finger to waifu fags

As if hbo would be desperate enough to make some anime bullshit

Rei will be black.
Yui will be black.
Gendo will be white.
Shinji is mixed.

This is the plan so far.

i say:
Gendo - Black
Shinji - white (mother is european). also shinji is not really gendo biological father. shinji is a biological creation and the mother was just the incubator. but mom still loves shinji.
rei - another biological creation. clone of shinji's mother but modified. asian.
asuka - german/white (real red head)
misato - asian
kowaru - black/mixed
kaji - hispanic
fuyutsuki - asian
rest of nerv - mix of german/asian/white (throw in some black officers)
shinji's classmates - hispanic, indian, blacks, some whites (these are all orphans/adopted), they are also part of nerv's selective breeding.
keel/selee - knight rider type of voice boxes

>not set in japan

Is it that important when the whole thing takes place in a single semi-futuristic fortress city?

Most of what we know of modern day Japan is said to be a nuclear wasteland or is shown as being underwater.

You do know the religious symbolism had no actual meaning and was put in because they thought it was cool, right?

it's important because it's rare that an American or foreign father would treat their son so coldly, especially one in a high position of government.

The cold shoulder thing is strictly a Japanese/asian thing.

this is why it wont be put in tho.

It's a part of the visual style. That's enough of a reason not to ditch it.

>adapting the anime and beyond
>Beyond

What should that be?
I'd hope content that ties the story into the greater Eva time loop that the Rebuilds are establishing. I'd love to see pic related and other non-anime scenes adapted

>it's rare that an American or foreign father would treat their son so coldly

It certainly is not. I know plenty of people who haven't heard from their dads in years or have fathers who are downright belligerent towards them

>once we see their faces in EoE
they showed up in person early in the series too, they only switched to the monoliths around the halfway mark

It adds to the tone and atmosphere. Even if it is meaningless, the show wouldn't be the same without it.

>no director and cast yet
>we'll have a teaser by the end of the summer
>already june

yeah fucking right

Kaji - Oscar Isaac
Misato - Olivia munn
Fuyutsuki - Robbie Williams.

Don't get too excited... HBO can't provide the kinda budget required to make the epic Eva battles everyone would want from this. Hell, just look at the fraction of the GoT budget that has to go toward making their crappy dragons. If anything, it will be some teen drama focused bs

Kaji is going to black

What the fugg

click the link, dumbass. Also if you're watching Evangelion for the battles, you're doing it wrong.

>American or foreign father would treat their son so coldly, especially one in a high position of government.
Dude are you fucking what?? That's one of the most cliche'd character backgrounds in western media, shitty military parents that move all the time treating their kids harshly, muh discipline and shit. Kids end up having no friends and no real parents.

Yea but idealy they would hold it off until EoE this time. I hated in the anime how we see their faces a few times and then they are hidden most of the show after that

> If anything, it will be some teen drama focused bs

I don't really think you watched Evangelion.

Yet to announce isn't the same thing as yet to cast

Shinji - justin beiber
Gendo - Josh Brolin
Misato - Mammario

Write red & blue out of the story to avoid the waifufag shitstorm

Anima influence maybe?

You niggers really want Susan Whitnall and Kate Rose?

Macross when

It would need to be pretty major stuff if the series is twice as long as the anime

>Asa Butterfield as himself
Wow, such a stretch

yeah but shinji in America would turn out like a shut in, or a degenerate. Shinji in japan under the same condition turns out to be shinji

Only because he's still 14

The point of the show is Anno saying "don't think like Shinji does, or you're destined to be some Otaku shut-in degenerate like I was"

Nigga, I know you're not trying to imply this counts as an NGE adaption.

youtube.com/watch?v=jafd97yJFOI

The problem with a western live action Eva is that you either need to change the character's ages to keep the sexuality, or get rid of the sexuality to keep the characters 14.

But the issue is they both rely on each other to be effective. The Freudian sexual tension Shinji has with Misato and Rei is way less effective if they're 18 instead of 14. I really don't see how this can work.

Like if Asuka is 18, we can probably assume she's dated and had sex, which makes scenes like the kiss with Shinji have so much less meaning.

>Like if Asuka is 18, we can probably assume she's dated and had sex

If an American girl with Asuka's backstory turned up in a show at 18, you would probably assume there would also be a video of her online getting paid for it

Not like it's legacy can be ruined any more, oh well.

Friendly reminder.
>Kate Rose

Shinji- Thirteen Reasons Why dude

Asuka- Emma Roberts

Rei- That Poppy

Misato- MEW

imo you'd lose most of the presence of whole fear of symbolically leaving the womb aspect by aging them up to more 'stable' ages too. i'd say putting them in those years of flux around middle school is pretty key in general

op's such a nice guy by making me worry this while happen and then cheering my up by revealing he's a pathetic liar and Asuka is safe.

I agree, but I also think it's possible.

They would need to play the sexualization in a mature and appropriate way. Instead of fanservice of naked asuka, make her act in the same sexual way a 14 year old would.

Scenes like her baithing suit teasing shinji is something that could totally be kept in the show because it's completely realistic for a 14 year old.

How would they handle this scene?

By making Shinji look like he was a bad person for it instead of a normal teenage boy.

too late, too much shit that has already been released was inspired by it. Now people will just say it's "cliche'd" or quaint.

I can't wait for the asshole in Sup Forums that says it's a ripoff of Pacific Rim...

This. Honestly I think the scene would be totally fine unchanged as long as it shows the absolute terror and dread he feels having done it. "I'm so fucked up" isn't going to cut it. I say that shit after fapping to black chicks. There should be an entire scene where he has to think hard about it

she's half german half japanese, the other one in the movies with the pink suit was american

Not going to watch this shit and hope it flops if all the characters aren't Asian except Asuka.

>Asa Butterfield as shinji
too old

Did you know that Joseph Chou has been in contact with Netflix for a little bit over a year now? That's surprising. I wonder what it could be about?

>Misato- MEW
I can only cry at the realization that this will never happen :(

iirc its german/jap mother and american or maybe american/german father

R8 and h8 pls m8

Nah, He mum's half German half Japanese. Dad's American.
Hence the surname Langley taken from some American warship

Pink girl in the new one is half-British or something, hence the stupid as fuck surname "Illustrious" from the carrier HMS Illustrious

but the movie did that too, sure he's neurotic because he regrets it, but it's never implied to be something normal or justifiable

>trash playing trash

Checks out.

ah, ok. what is it with japs and warships?

Kids are too old except rei

Ritsuko needs to be hotter, Misato also needs to be a white/asian mutt too.

Ritsuko in the anime is butt ugly though and tossed aside like trash by everyone. She's only good for FWB for Gendo

well an island nation is naturally going to be mainly a naval power, plus anyone with nationalist and/or military otaku leanings is going to have to look back to imperial japan to find anything interesting to study (although the sdf's naval forces are their most modern and least vestigial to be fair).

nah there's not much comment about how hot each adult character is besides Misato, but it's implied the reason why Ritsuko is perpetually single is that she's just a frigid bitch because of her mommy issues, otherwise she would be attractive enough. Kaji was more than willing to bone her in front of Misato if she let him.

Gary Oldman as Pen Pen

>tossed aside like trash by everyone

I figured it's just because she's just a bit of a cunt

Kaji wanted to fuck, Maya wanted to fuck, Gendo did fuck

Asuka could be 14 and still had multiple boyfriends and has had sex if this were America.

>Gendo did fuck
wut? didn't he fuck her mother, not her?

Finn as Shinji
Finn will probably be about the right age when they actually start filming.

She's also a workaholic with apparently no personal life outside of her cat.

she should complain about herpes flareups too

I just watched episode 3. When does this anime gets good?

fukken pleb

in all seriousness if you're a millenial it's not going to resonate that well with you

>be Asian
>manlet white dad

???

>mfw they make Shinji, Asuka and Rei etc too fucking old.

>mfw they make Shinju, Asuka, and Rei way too fucking white

jesus, what's the medical height treshold for dwarfism again?

Last 3rd. The beggining is also alright, middle is the bad part.

No I don't think they should be asian anyhow. It's Neo/New Tokyo where multi-culteralism has taken effect. It creates a tension where east meets west which would add to the reasoning behind the fucked up politics etc.

Older Finn for best Shinji

Don't EVER fucking do that again.

>Gendo - White
>Shinji - Half Asian

that makes so much sense now

He fucked them both. She rants at him in End of Evangelion about using her as his fuck-toy

He isn't a normal teenage boy though

We can't expose him to something so inappropriate. We have to keep him pure and precious for as long as we can.

19. Maybe 21.