What was the point of this scene in the movie?

What was the point of this scene in the movie?

to piss of Nazis like you LMAO!

To show that the Bastards were bad dudes

The whole movie is a meme to make you feel bad about ultra-violence. Like even though it's Hitler you're still going to yourself "jesus h christ isn't that a bit much?"

To show sympathy for the man fighitng a war retard. You know they killed people who didn't want to join the army?

To show that nazism was actually a heroic movement

To play with your perceptions

>dude was an old soldier
>most likely never did anything to a Jew
>got his medal for bravery
>stayed loyal to his country in defeat and faced his end like a man

That's what I got out of it.

>literally called "Inglorious bastards"
>people still have any doubt they are supposed to be the assholes of the movie

>most likely never did anything to a Jew
Did you even watch the intro with that bearded French farmer bro?

its generally accepted that nazis were the bad guys

To show how there was little difference between the average Allied or Nazi soldier in WW2. Throughout the movie most of the Nazi characters are (mostly) nice people with good characteristics such as the officer in OP's pic who bravely sacrificed himself to protect his comrades. Meanwhile the Basterds are not really good people, they beat people with bats, carve swastikas into their enemies' foreheads and scalp their kills. They are violent thugs with so much hatred for Nazis that they brutalise decent people like the officer, who for all we know might have even been sympathetic to the Jewish cause. The theatre scene has the Nazis watching a movie about sniping Allied soldiers and they react by laughing at the massive violence. This parallels the audience irl when the Nazis get shot and blown up, because on the one hand the Nazis are sick for enjoying mass death but the western audiences are not much better because they are enjoying the sight of Nazis getting killed. Once again the line between good and evil gets blurred and the movie demonstrates how we the viewer are not all that different from the enemy side, who are mostly regular people and not the psychopathic brutes (((they))) would have you believe

It's a meta commentary on the nature of propaganda in film, in particular the "Jewish revenge fantasy" genre of post-World War 2 action flicks where the ghost of the common German soldier can never die but is continuously being mowed down by the victors and their descendants, and ultimately how sociopathic that is. We even get a film within a film which pretty much echoes that notion from the other side, where a "brave" German sniper guns down people from a clock tower.

The Iron Cross guy is Wehrmacht, the normal army that existed before WW2 and exists today in German. Same symbols for the most part too.
They were never charged with hunting Jews are were basically limited to conventional roles.

The guy in the opening is a SS, which were a political army and were created by and a wing of the Nazi Party.

Although both were a part of the German military, they are pretty different.

That was Waltz's character, not the OP character.

it was just jewish fantasies about not getting 'gassed'

>stayed loyal to his country in defeat and faced his end like a man
>the officer in OP's pic who bravely sacrificed himself to protect his comrades
Dude tries to defect and begs for his life in exchange for asylum.
Did you guys watch the movie?

no, jewish power fantasy

I thought it was to humanise the nazis and make plebs feel real fucking uncomfortable at the utter ease that the protagonists kill an honorable man with a baseball bat.

>reddit will defend this

Pretty much everyone was humanized except for the Basterds (in order to bring the point it was making home) and Hitler and his high command who were kept cartoony and ridiculous in order to tie them to World War propaganda/how Jewish comedians have often lampooned them throughout the decades.

blah blah blah, they are all scum and need to get nuked.

Did you?

I'm thinking you're the one who didn't see it my dude

Spielberg failed at so many levels trying to be "fair" to both sides and the horrors of war during SPR.
After Normandy, it just turns into your typical WW2 action movie, complete with an evil Nazi boogeyman villain and all of the sentimental tearjerkers you'd expect from Spielberg.

Tarantino is actually a white nationalist undercover

Thats why he goes so overboard with loving niggers so much, the mark of a true racist

eh, fuck Czechs anyway

What about the steamboat willie scene?

>villain of Django is a black guy
>villain of Hateful Eight is a black guy

hmmm

Fucking hilarious how Spielberg made a scene where a heroic Jew GI gets killed by a German soldier while a cowardly gentile GI lets it happen. Spielberg was pissing in everyone's face there and yet no one ever discusses it. Now THAT is the power of fear, you can't address the elephant in the room because being named as an antisemite is tantamount to death.

so you can jerk your circumcised schmeckle to da evil nadzis.

No, he's just a guy who grew up with black people and has a legitimate black friend. He's beyond the typical /stormfront/libitard/ nonsense making people so hypersensitive about race and not able to include or discuss it in any coherent manner.
An as "take that" as IB is to the Jews who funded it, it's an ideological one as opposed to a racist one, Tarantino being as much a Eurobro as he is a honorary black person.

Wow.. nice goalpost strawman deflecting of the arguement... Maybe you should take a long hard look at yourself.. wow... what a mess of a post.. Dont reply to me again.

Okay, first off, I'm Jewish.

Scene is significant to me for a number of reasons.

A) A fair amount of the German Wehrmacht served "honorably", quotations or not.
B) "Honorable" and "brave" service were dictated by the central Nazi state, and not on previously pragmatic, and certainly more humane methods than the Einsatzgruppen and further as policy evolved.
C) Many/most volunteers or conscripts had at least a modicum of understanding in point of view as the central Nazi state. Blaming "war profiteers" for the failures of the central state, and local governments to provide adequate services.

I have always respected the combat capability of the general German cadre during both WWI & WWII.

That said, following nationalistic/xenophobic political concepts (that worked off the crowd apathy effect) can bring good, honorable people to do horrific things, under the ideals of bravery and service to country.

Honestly occurred for the Zionist during the foundations of Israel.

>I'm Jewish

Stopped reading there.

This, he also probably had some catholic influences while growing up which would explain his gross antisemitism

>Honestly occurred for the Zionist during the foundations of Israel.

And continues to this day. Not that I'm a giant fan of Palestine either, but we'd all be better off if Israel never happened.

How dare you question the Holocaust. How dare you! Delete your post.

This movie's tone was all over the place. Regardless of meanings I found it thoroughly unenjoyable to sit through.

Not black and white enough for you? Stop discussing the medium on this board, in fact just quit discussing things in general. Suck my dick cuck. KEKOLD. AHEKRJFLS:g

I didn't notice that
but my brain did.

You can blame the Brits and the French for fucking the middle east

A lot of problems in the world is due to the west, but that doesnt mean we should bend over and take it from all these dirty savages just because we cuccked them once or twice. Bes tot just get rid of them instead of pretending to feel sorry for them.

>I'm Jewish.
stopped reading right there

Which scene?

what a fucking pleb lol.

>I told him to bash the fasc and the madman actually did it!

It makes a good point showing some German soldiers as honourable and human but then has scenes where Hitler says nein in a funny way and Jews shoot him in the face lmao. It's like if Blazing Saddles had an emotional scene making us sympathise with mongo.

It's always people that know nothing about cinema history that hate Tarantino. Half of what makes his movies enjoyable are the homages and the other half is his dialogue. You're such a pleb

Killing Hitler will never not be memetown

That is a pretty subjective and relative view. Though I appreciate an actual argument.

By no means am I saying the Israel's history (to present day) is fine and dandy, but their worst days are behind them

Says more about you than me, or my argument.

i'm not sure what the point was really, i always thought this scene actually made the nazis look more sympathetic while the bear jew looked like the monster.

there's no way tarantino meant it that way though... r-right?

Jew soldiers in IB
>deranged psychos
>kill with bare hands and baseball bats
>fuck up virtually everything everytime
>would have lost without Landa interfering
Nazis in BB
>intelligent
>strong willed
>"hating jews is just a shtick for psychological warfare"
>would have won without (((Landa))) interfering

What did Tortelini mean by this

>italian ancestry
>is an axis apologist
REALLY makes you think

a nazi's worst enemy is himself

Except the Nazis are portrayed as dumb clowns (Hitler), perverts (Goebbels) and conceited assholes (Zoller).

>that is filmmaking
>everyone who doesn't know czech does not understand and the point is lost unless by chance they are told later on with dumb meme pictures
>filmmaking

bravo spielberg

>brainlet doesn't understand realism and its value
of course you'd be in a tarantino thread L M A O

Are we in 1950s? The myth of clean Wehrmacht has been debunked long time ago. Both SS and regular Wehrmacht soldiers were responsible for numerous war crimes, mainly in the East.

You don't remember? They're defending the bridge, Upham is the runner carrying ammunition and bombs. I can't remember the Jewish GI's name but he gets involved in hand to hand combat with a German soldier. Upham is right around the corner and he breaks down in fear, as a clerk who never has been in combat he enters shell shock. The German overpowers the Jew GI, killing him with his bayonet. He walks by Upham, and seeing Upham there broken just walks past him. I generally took this as Spielberg's holocaust reference- the Allied soldiers being too hesitant allowing the Jews to die, which is bullshit.

I just remembered this. Never made the connection but the Holocaust reference makes sense, think he namedropped the bystander effect ("Everyone saw what happened but no one stepped forward") in an interview where he was talking about Schindler.

t. A guy in a tarantino thread