What is the ideal framerate for kino?

What is the ideal framerate for kino?

i actually like watching action movies with the soap opera effect on makes the fast action scenes more clearly visible

24 frames per second is the only answer.

End of thread.

Sup Forumseddit manchildren will say 60 because that's what their favorite brainless action games run on.

Kino runs at 24. No more, no less.

Are you serious? It mimics high framerates, you're not actually getting one.

3.1 fps

the higher the better. all of the reasons people give for 24 fps being better than higher frame rates are total nonsense. the only thing you have to take into account for higher frame rates is the shutter angle and whether you can get enough motion blur.

See here? The Sup Forumsedditor has reared its ugly head. Note how, when asked to put forward examples of high framrate looking anything other than shit in film, he'll simply ignore the request and continue spouting the same tired speech.

>Kino runs at 24. No more, no less.
Uhm, excuse me?

don't talk to me, retard.

30 fps is best frame rate. See Oaklahoma Todd AO version. It looks like film but is still smooth in the right places.

I rest my case.

The only reason 24 is the norm is because that's what audiences are acclimatized to. There's nothing inherently wrong with 60 fps and I'm open to it, but for some reason only shit movies use it.

because it looks like shit

yes that's the reason why the hobbit movies are shit

It certainly didn't help them

JUST

Whatever it was filmed in. Interpolation kills it.