Constantine: The Hellblazer #13

Finale to one of the best runs that John's had since the reboot, and no one's storytimed it yet?

Just like when you can't find anyone on Tinder, it's time for me to take matters into my own hands.

Really liked this issue, last page was sad as fuck.

I hope the Rebirth run is good too.

Bump

Really, the only thing that's separating this from a classic run on Hellblazer is that the colors are too bright.

Thank you

Saved the day? Check.
Daring conjob against a demon who has underestimated him? Check.
Got a friend killed? Check.
Traumatized children? Check.
Totally alone and completely isolated from everyone, without the wider world even being aware that he did anything? Check!

>nudity and black magic is fine!
>but saying "fuck" is over the line
Goddammit, I can't take this shit.

Thanks for reading!

:(

Thanks OP.

That is not some proud archivements
are their retcon that horrible flashback

seek medical attention for the stroke you are currently suffering

bump

Reading well to nice tea of tag

Bump

Is John fucking a giant black man that's married?

Divorced. But yes.

Kill yourself.

I hate this artist. Rossmo was so good.

Bump or whatever.

Gotta say, that logo looks real nice on covers. That 13 not so much.

>skinny little twink boy

Not muh Constantine

its pretty good yeah i look forward to reading this storytime and seeing the reactions

ahhh smells like hellblazer

it seems a little odd to hear him say that but it works here

it really does feel just like classic hellblazer im impressed

its interesting that most of the blood is coming from his mouth rather then his nose

oh thats glorious

i can see where this is going
this was the part that cinched this for me as a good issue between the clasic con and the loss of a loved one its just so hellblazer

poor john he really cant stay anywhere for long these days can he

i think a lot of the hatred we had for it when it was first revealed was because it looks bad on a white background
or was it a black background i forget all i would have to do to find out which is was is check for myself which looks better but meh

divorced
a lot of people get buthurt when people say since when is john bisexual but you have to remember that wasent revealed until about issue 90 of hellblazer

I haven't read hellblazer since issues 230-239 or so. I must say I'm pretty fucking confused.

Probably because I'm pretty sure he has crashed the soul market before in a hellblazer story.

>New-York
>John using his magic to do good for other people
>with no direct benefit to him
>other people fucking up
>John feeling bad about it
>He looks 25
>demons with pointy ears, superheroes outfits and bright colors
I dont really care about what he dors with his dick but I dont remember him being gay, he had several girlfriends and even fucks Swamp Thing's gf.
Is this bizarro Hellblazer?

he was reveled as bisexual in about issue 90 i think

I need to re-read that (isn't it the australian arc with the dream time snake who wants to kill all white men?) because I dont remember it. But it's not really important. What about the other things?
I mean, it was rebooted, right? What happened just before and what are the major changes to the character and unviverse?

i made a parody of the spongbob squarepants them song about Constantine if anybody is interested

i think it was a little before that arc im not sure of the exact issue.
or maybe a little older
reboot fucked constintine in a lot of ways but its mostly fixed with this dcyou series

i cant help you much with telling you whats changed because im only up to about issue 100 in hellblazer myself

>or maybe a little older
a little after that is

Well, it really looks like they fucked up just about everything.
And they never should have made him team up with other DC character besides eventual Swamp thing cameos. It just doesn't fit the universe. I've read one issue of Constantine and his super friends or whatever, I dont remember well but felt disgusted

yeah justice league dark was not very good
except for that one issue thats probably my second favourite issue of any comic ever and his first solo series was not much better
but the series being storytimed here was pretty great

This was a nice issue. I never bothered to read this run but I guess I'll pick a trade when its out.

Without context it's pretty dull.
Besides, this whole "city magic" thing made me miss Map.

Link to original thread?

what you mean the first issue storytime i will see if i can find it but the win o might have it.
or you could buy it

ok seems there have been no storytimes

neat

DC intern still bumping this abortion, I see. You'll sell some Vertigo trades, but not this Muppet Babies Hellblazer. Without the name Constantine, it's a dull book, and with it yet another insult to the original.

cry harder user.

>John is a young twink
>no swearing
>no nudity
>set in America
I not muh'd fucking hard.

Even going so far as to misrepresent the critics of this bland imitation with puerile complaints. Gotta stay the course to get your fanfiction into canon, huh?

Ugh, is a long time without reading Hellblazer.

Why the fuck now the art is so atrocius? The script is garbage and pretty much is a retelling of early stories by Jamie Delano in Original Sins

Too bad they didn't keep the same team for Rebirth...

>all this mad

Ya'll big mad

Him being bi is nothing new,user.

Ah fuck.

I felt like it was implied when Zed asked Ray Monde if he ever had a relationship with John, and Ray responded that he doesn't kiss and tell.

He's not gay, he's bi. Being bi has been a thing since Delano slid in a reference to it in the middle of his run. Shit, the main villain of Azarello's run was one of his ex-boyfriends.

I love that old dude.Ennis Hellblazer is GOAT.

Nigga you what?

I'll side with you on it being wonky, him being in New York, but John has used magic to help other people plenty of times, and has saved the world a good handful of times back in Hellblazer. And he's always felt bad about being a fuckup, and the damage that he does to other people.

I agree on the bright colors, but the art and its style is otherwise fantastic. I mean...just because it isn't Ennis doesn't mean that it isn't Hellblazer.

God, I can't stand this art.

ok

Eh, it's serviceable.