Beginning of movie takes place in ancient Egypt

>beginning of movie takes place in ancient Egypt
>all the people and slaves are white
>Apocalypse is white

Why wasn't this a bigger deal? Why is no one talking about this?

Other urls found in this thread:

atlantablackstar.com/2013/10/25/10-arguments-that-proves-ancient-egyptians-were-black/
nairaland.com/2533772/12-images-pharaohs-prove-ancient
twitter.com/AnonBabble

WE

Whether right or wrong, social media outrage is a blind roulette, not a reasonable evaluation of what requires the most attention. It's why, even as a really liberal guy, I fucking hate tumblr and twitter and all their lowest common denominator progressivism.

oscar isaac can pass for a north african or middle easterner with no problems

I never see Americans complain about the horrible casting of Alexander the Great with Colin Farrell, or Troy with Brad Pitt, or every Roman thing ever with British actors.

>mutants
>white

Go away, Sup Forums.

Because they didn't advertise any of that part

they got distracted by apoc choking mystique.

>really liberal guy
lolwut

KINGS

>Finally watches film
>One entire hour of plot build up
>Unexplained plot conveniences that barely make sense
>Too much focus on a paper-thin Magento plot that is basically forgotten later on
>No character arc in the story whatsoever
>Too much reliance on being familiar with the characters from the beginning
>Apocalypse is a shitty villain who watches TV and gets mad even though we know nothing about him prior to this scene except that he was a leader people rebelled against for unexplained reasons
>EVERY THING IS EXPLAINED IN WORDS - Jean's reluctance to use her powers, Havok's thoughts about Scott, Magneto's decision to have a family, etc
>Best characters are Nightcrawler and Quicksilver, who had the perfect story setup to reveal his lineage to Magneto but didn't for some reason, even though it would make sense as closure to Magneto's family struggles

I don't know why I greentexted this whole shit, because I didn't originally plan to get so worked up. This movie sucked balls. How do you dump so much time and budget into something without realizing what a steaming pile of garbage you're making?

Just because you pretend to not be racist doesn't change that you are racist, Sup Forums.

WUZ

Egyptians weren't black.

>"In general, various DNA studies have found that the gene frequencies of modern North African populations are intermediate between those of the Near East, Southern Europe and Sub Saharan Africa, though the frequency distributions of the non-recombining portion of the Y chromosome of modern Egyptian population appear to be much more similar to those of the Middle East than to any sub-Saharan African population, suggesting a much larger Eurasian genetic component."

This would probably make them closest to what was once called the "Arabid" race, a subset of Caucusoid. Essentially, tanned white people with black hair.

Because Ancient Egyptians were not niggers. Do you also think spanishes and swedes look exactly the same.

Quicksilver and Nightcrawler saved the movie

Senator Kelly pls go

Charles pls
Mutants deserve to be round up in camps and exterminated

Sup Forums, go away

Egyptians are white
Source: Am Egyptian

Stay jelly, flatscan.

KINGZ

Black people commit 50% of the crimes even though they represent 13% of the people in America.

Facts are not racism, maybe instead of stealing bikes and cultures you should stay in school Tyrone :^)

i love how they brought up conclusive facts and you just namedropped a boogeyman

really doing those niggers a favor with your argumentative capabilities

Your """"facts""""" are from wrong and/or racist sources, Sup Forums.

Prove me wrong then Jamal. I'll wait

there isn't even a shred of racism in the first or second post you linked dude

there's a ton of racism in the comments the posters made afterward, but not in the sources

>FBI statistics are racist
>but let me show you this salon article

Enough, Sup Forums

>The FBI is racis man, it's keeping the black man down!
>now watch as I become one of the 74% of black fathers to walk out on their children and die on a street gang shootout

A fact doesnt is a fact, doesnt matter the source because hurrdurr its a fact.

You might want to refer as those as opinions.

Too busy complaining about Apocalypse choking Mystique

atlantablackstar.com/2013/10/25/10-arguments-that-proves-ancient-egyptians-were-black/

nairaland.com/2533772/12-images-pharaohs-prove-ancient

Stop persecuting women of color. Keep your hatred out of this board.

Do you think we'll get the 90sclops costume in the next movie?

Or the old theme song?

it's ironic that you call their sources racist when you link two extremely racist sites in response

and the only thing you proved was that egyptians made statues of people with big noses, which can also point to eurasian genetics

No.

>atlantablackstar

Dis gon b gud. Nice going btw with the whole not proving that black are responsible for a disproportionate amount of crime btw

Next movie Wolverine 3 and Deadpool 2.

Next X-Men movie will probably kill Cyclops and Nightcrawler off. And focus only on Magneto, Prof X, Magneto, Mystique, Magneto, Quicksilver, and shockingly Magneto.

It will take place in the 90s but outside of a reference and picture frame, it will feel no different than modern day.

no you aren't

but nobody likes tumblr

You could have a film in ancient Egypt and have every single member of the cast and extras be played by Egyptians and liberals would still flip shit at no niggers

Also for apocalypse they really couldn't bitch because the film has a Mexican guy, 2 Asian chicks, and a niggres

It's basically captain planet

>its a Egypt isnt black because of muh Romans and Greek occupation episode
it's been thousands of years since then and in that time you've had multiple Muslim Caliphate controlling it and African immigrants going into the country at one point or another.

Ancient Egypt =/= Modern Egypt

No one but Sup Forums.

the British empire rarely sent people over to their Africa colonies since they used puppet governments to control them

Somebody would have to give a shit about the movie first to make a deal out of it.

Because SJW's don't watch cape movies that aren't MCU

This is mostly right. I can't help but think that Americans don't realize how fucking big Africa is, and how it was (and is) populated by people from a wide variety of races

Thinking all africans must be black should be considered racist in itself but that's too much to ask

Because they know about WE WUZ KINGS and it hurts their feelings

Because Fox gets brownie points for adapting the X-Men franchise. No joke. I have a friend who is very pissed off about how they "white-washed" Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in the MCU but is silent on Quicksilver and Magneto being "white-washed" in the same way in X-Men.

In this case the white washing is the fact that in the comics Magneto and descendants are Romani Jewish which is apparently not white.

>oscar isaac
>white

God dammit, I'm not even being racist. All I'm saying is Egyptians were not black so bitching about them not being black in a movie is retarded.

I'm just a fan of history and think the lineage of various peoples is interesting.

Go bitch at the WE WUZ KANGZ guys and this retard

Looking at the credits, they actually did a better job than most at casting Middle-easterners in Middle-eastern/North African roles. Two of the three credited conspiratorial guards were Middle-eastern (the other was Latino), the dying En Sabah Nur was Armenian, two of the Apocalypse cultists were Middle-eastern (the other was, again, Latin), the street vendors in Cairo were Middle-eastern. I give Singer some credit there, he did a better job casting appropriate people for a story set in ancient Egypt than Alex Proyas, who was actually born in Egypt.

And we really have no idea how far afield his Horsemen came from, nor how far they searched for the mutant to be Apocalypse's next body (Oscar Isaac).

Weak bait. There isn't a big payout for making this a controversy

where's my african queen?

because he is blue