Would you cryoperserve yourself to escape the present world situation?

Would you cryoperserve yourself to escape the present world situation?

I would, if I could afford it.

Other urls found in this thread:

alcor.org/Library/html/vitrification.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_freezing
proton-group.net/en/
ifp-ltd.co.jp/img/proton-freezer-catalog-en.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=hcUD73tQFbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=kpasujT8ZyQ
catalinaop.com/dock-to-dish/a-case-for-frozen-fish/
newscientist.com/article/dn12301-man-with-tiny-brain-shocks-doctors/
youtube.com/watch?v=zOJZaGUx9JM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryonics#Preservation_injury
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>wake up 500 years later
>you are the only white person left in the world

what do?

That's silly, we'll all be uploaded to the neural hivemind long before then, and I'm sure everyone will choose to have a white avatar.

damage to cells because of water expanding when frozen makes all the cells incapable of being revived and thus you die when they freeze you

your neural network would be jelly when thawed. this isnt a damn 80s movie

Start whining about muh rights and take over.

>he believes we can upload our mind to a computer

Stupid faggot, you dont know what are you talking about. Just google the process, fuckface.

This. The only way this could work is if the amount of water in your cells could be reduced somehow to a level that it wouldn't expand to kill you, while still allowing for bodily functions when you wake up.

Some scientists revived mouse after deep freezing and it lived like for several days, so we'll probably see progress in this field.

Before they even fucking put you in a container they spend TWO WEEKS reducing your body to -200 degrees faranheit.

Your brain cells die from lack of oxygen within SECONDS.

You know you die when they do this, right? And they can't unfreeze and revive you until nano technology is invented. Even then you still won't really be, "you" after they bring your body back because your conciousness and soul will be long gone.

The world is better then it has ever been. Get your shit together op, the things you can do in this world is just amazing.

Its not the world that is fucked up, its you.

No. If I do that, then nobody else will try to save the world.

Just set of a life insurance policy with the Alcor Foundation as your beneficiary. They'll cut off your head when you're clinically dead and freeze it until they can revive you.

>be cryogenically frozen
>be woken up 1000 years in the future
>only a few days left

what do you tell the future Sup Forums?

Why can't you fucking listen to an honest advice? Can't you just really go and read up on the process and stop spewing bullshit?
alcor.org/Library/html/vitrification.html

Show me proof about this "soul"

There's plenty of evidence, google it.

Of course I'm fucked up, but so is the world! Reviving in a future time could give me a fresh start.

>They'll cut off your head when you're clinically dead and freeze it until they can revive you.

That has a certain ring to it. It could be a jingle!

"They'll cut off your head,
When you're clinically dead,
And freeze it untilllll
They can reviiive yoooou!"

Pussy.

They pump a solution through your veins to drain all the water they can from your cells and replace it with a coolant.
The theory is your brain is merely turned off and they will somehow turn it on.

>implying they wouldn't have found your capsule and smashed it in a million pieces just like the rest of the frozen snow.

>Your brain cells die from lack of oxygen within SECONDS.
You can't possibly be this retarded.

Never, ever, ever let anybody put anything electronic in your head. The human mind is perfect as it is, why don't you try learning?

You would just die when niggers/shitskins destroy all the infrastructure.

There is no escape.

they fill your body with a chemical that imitates water but doesn't crystallize when frozen, therefore avoiding cell damage

no fuckface they keep your vitals maintained manually, then get you back to a facility where they go into the above procedure then freeze you.

consciousness is a property of the brain itself as far as we can tell, and a soul is mere conjecture at this point. it'll be as if you go to sleep then wake back up whenever they manage to revive you.

see all of above

vitrification, google it

Have they vitrificated someone or something and unvitrificated them to see if the tissue was affected in any way and still functional? Spoonfeed me.

I would rather drink liquid oxygen

Cells Alive System could be used to help prevent tissue death
Certain chemicals have been shown to have the ability to greatly slow metabolic processes

It's just going to take time, guys

Why escape and hope it gets better rather than at least try and fight for a better future you cuck

you basement virgins won't have anything else to do with your money once you are dead so you might as well try it.

That would make a hilarious kickstarter.

I need to raise $200,000 because fuck you.

It does sound kinda catchy doesn't it?

Cunt you reckon the world is going to get better???

Let me tell you how these fucking businesses are going to end up.

They'll be an almighty war, people will starve, people will break into these places and eat your fresh snap frozen corpse.

Thats all these businesses are, meat delivery for a future generation.

Fuck em, spastics.

put me back in the freezer

your children will be special needs kids and then homeless since all low-wage jobs will be automated when everybody else receives their google implant that lets them learn faster and have more job opportunities.

I'm not very confident in the current state of affairs.

Nothing personal, but I don't think any of the current political campaigns or social movements will make things better. Every individual effort is a drop in the bucket that acomplishes little or nothing.

Good luck with your efforts though!

And its gonna be fucked up in the future. There will never be a point a utopia. You'd also still be you and just as fucked up. If a new beginning is what you need you can also do that today.

What happens if you go into cryogenic sleep for a millennium to save your body and mind from certain death, but your mind/soul does not fall asleep.

You sit there, frozen in time in a prison of ice crying for mercy, but noone can hear you.

Then ugabooga finds you and decides to smash your cryo-chamber to peaces because he can.

>Worth?

If it doesn't get better, at least it will be different!

>nothing personal kid
Yeah trying and failing is better than not trying at all. At least ill die knowing I fought and went out on my feet. And who knows, enough drops and you have an ocean

Why not start out in a different era then?

I can live without a utopia as long as things are different from now.

I have a coworker who's signed up for the cranial cryopreservation through Alcor. It's my understanding that it's made at least somewhat affordable through insurance. I'm probably wrong, but you sign up for life insurance through them or something and then your monthly payments go toward the cryopreservation.

I really don't think it's all THAT strange, but like others in this thread have said, the current technology does require that you be dead, because the process would kill you if you weren't, which would mean the technicians performing it would be murderers. Personally, I don't think that the odds of them being able to revive someone make it worth the expense or trouble. If I got my choice of dystopian wetdream, I'd rather they were just able to download my consciousness and Ghost in the Shell my ass.

Quads of misery.

>Throw myself in cryo
>Wake up to the plot of Proxima

Also I would feel very out of place. Not because of the general population's increased brownness since I'm brown already, but because everybody will be genmodded by the time I can be revived, and the English language would have changed a decent amount, plus who knows what technology would exist.

An ocean of efforts sounds nice. Too bad we only get a measly puddle of piss.

I'll save my efforts for a different time. I don't like this one.

It's a meme. They really just kill you and take your money.

Your consciousness isn't downloaded in Ghost in the Shell, user.
Cyberbrains are augments to the physical brain, not full replacements/conversions unless you're like Rothschild levels of wealthy/important.

Fair enough, good luck with that cryo stuff, is it real? If so how much?

It's very expensive!

Joke's on me though, it can start at around $20,000.

You guys win, I'm stuck in this era.

I am just shitting on you because you are fucking pussy that should stop whining about how bad things are politically like those things plays a significant role in your personal life which is fucking doesn't and get on with your life.

Yeah, I was combining the real-life field of research with the fictional notion of the full-body prosthetics. Like you said, though, I'd be shooting for Jameson Man levels at best.

No one will eat you you abo cunt

>Science will be so advanced that they will be able to ressurect you.

lol the fucking con

Not a chance, best year to be alive in over a decade. Who knows what the future holds when the present is so enticing. It's 2016 fellas. Get with it. Brexit. Happenings everywhere. Dare I say... President Donald J Trump.

ask me again on Nov 9th

Ooga booga

Not me.

I'll break in first and fuck you as you sleep, put nails up your urethra and push my shit up your arsehole

lol dude they flick a switch and the temps drop to absolute zero it freezes you so hard that molecules can't even move dude it's like freezing time itself

It works well enough in the food industry to keep food fresh tasting.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_freezing

There are people in this thread that don't keep up with refrigeration technology.

The latest refrigeration technology is from Japan and is already being sold commercially around the world.

It is called Proton Freezing.

proton-group.net/en/

ifp-ltd.co.jp/img/proton-freezer-catalog-en.pdf

youtube.com/watch?v=hcUD73tQFbQ

youtube.com/watch?v=kpasujT8ZyQ

It is already being used to preserve fresh food like seafood, meats, vegetables, fruits, etc without the use of additives by American companies like Catalina Offshore Products

catalinaop.com/dock-to-dish/a-case-for-frozen-fish/

I want the part of my brain where my soul is (probably the claustrum) sliced out and flash frozen for freshness.

>wake up in 1000 years
>only white guy

yeahnah

Fake and gay

>But I want to start up a budget freeze drying company for those who want to be preserved at 1/4th the cost :P

You be amazed on how little brain humans can survive on.

For example, this guy lost 75 percent of his brain and somehow still got married and had kids.

newscientist.com/article/dn12301-man-with-tiny-brain-shocks-doctors/

>be only white guy
>its practically raining shitskin sloots
id consider it

youtube.com/watch?v=zOJZaGUx9JM

i don't have to speak gook to know that these idiots are laughing at their lunch or future sex toy

Are you blind or retarded? Because you gotta be one of those two.

>People shitting on this

Think about how far we have come in the past 100-150 years, how much society has changed, how much humanity has changed. 100-150 years is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Within the next few hundred years humanity will have conquered aging, disease and possibly even death. We are already on the verge of reversing the aging process, head transplants on to new bodies, cloning (which has already been done) and so on.

It is not unreasonable to assume that within 1,000 years we will be able to bring back those who were cryogenically preserved. The process nowadays is very complex and they take a lot of measures into preserving the body.

If anything I am jealous of humans in the future as they will be able to escape the aging process and likely live hundreds of years (possibly longer) lifespans will hit 200 - 300 years at some point when we can reverse the damage aging does. The brain can theoretically live much longer than the body can. The task will then be trying to keep the brain functioning - it will likely require somehow transferring our consciousness into computer chips.

The future of humanity within the next 1,000+ years will likely be what most people predict, machines, though instead of us building machines that are self aware (we probably will do this too) humanity will become machines.

>thus you die
Actually you are already dead by the time they freeze you.
Cryogenics are just an attempt at cheating death.

> neural hivemind
Okay, what then? You upload yourself. You still have a human body, there's just a copy of you there but the real world you is still alive

Fuck, no. If the leftists win the power will go out and I'll die painfully half-thawed and helpless.

your personal and daily life is most certainly a result of your societies political environment. jesus christ user, what are you on about?

Fuck no, we're about to enter the Golden Age of Trump.

If we dont take a stand now then there wont be a future worth freezing ourselves for.

Mosey on over to the closest DNA-Xerox machine and make some copies, of course.

>It is not unreasonable to assume that within 1,000 years we will be able to bring back those who were cryogenically preserved
There is no future technology that will be able to magically reverse the rupturing of cell walls from the ice crystals, and the antifreeze chemicals we have available currently are toxic in effective doses. It's like the time machine paradox in reverse.

Escaping the harsh reality is very 'r' selected. Time to deal with our problems now. Tomorrow is today.

>technology
>without White people to maintain it or invent new things
Stop kidding around man this is a serious thread!

>toxic
>ice crystals
confirmed for not knowing shit about vitrification

No. Some stupid asshole would kill me because of budget concerns within like fifty years or so, if not that we'd just be forgotten in some cryogenic chamber and no one would bother to thaw us out. I'll just die and hope to with my loved ones in the afterlife or join them in the dirt

>my face when cryofags actually think their freezy tubes will be kept active for hundreds of years
This is a business that needs to constantly expand with new clients which gets exponentially more expensive the more people they have to house or it runs out of money to maintain your tube.
Look forward to the cryo scam businesses going bellyup within thirty years and the bodies being donated to research.

Just imagine where we'd be if we didn't let stupid people breed and stopped giving billions to africans and funded science and development instead.

theoretically possible to upload a functioning copy of your brain to a computer, granted it's science fiction at this point.

Real question is, in the future when they have all these nanites and shit. Why the fuck would they want you back? Your just some dumb selfish primitive.

More likely they will use your bodies as fertilizer or fuel to power trains.

>I would, if I could afford it.

That's stupid. They probably just toss the bodies into a big incinerator and hide the ashes, and those big "cryonics" chambers are probably just for show, full of nothing and serve no actual function.

They basically pump you with antifreeze before icing you down to prevent water damage.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryonics#Preservation_injury

Some studies have shown pretty decent connection preservation in brain cells as well. It's definitely a developing field, but it will be there eventually.

I could see massive cryogenic catacombs replacing funeral homes in the distant future. Imagine being able to see the perfectly preserved bodies of all of your ancestors.

that movie sucked, definitely one of Depp's absolute worst films, if not the worst.

Get me some robot pussy!

But would that really be you? I mean, it is identical to you in every way, but if you both staid alive for even just a single day longer you'd already have made different experiences and thus not be the same person anymore.

That's why you'd have to keep syncing your brain to the iCloud.

No it wouldn't be you. It would be interesting if it was possible to preserve enough molecules that constitute "you" and then interface them with the digital you.

I find it abominable that no one checked your dub dubs.

>pay some cunts to revive you """""sometime in the future"""""
>they just chuck your body once they run out of space and nobody will even know

That would be mean, t.b.h.

desu that would make a great marketing tool. find some warehouse and buy some previously used cryo tanks and throw a few dead bodies from medical research in them to reassure the rich old fucks coming in to preserve their bodies... after a week we just toss them out and sell the organs for added profit

>upload a functioning copy
>functioning copy
>copy

>223 years from now, at a Corpsicle Inc., board meeting. The CEO is addressing the assembled company officers...

"Yes, gentlemen, it's sad but true. Now that people are uploading their minds to a post life virtual reality, there is just not enough demand for cryo-suspension. We're at the point where we can no longer afford to maintain our client's vessels. We can barely afford the electric bill to keep the office lights on.

>The board looks at one another in shock!

"But what will we do with our clients?"

"How will we explain to their families?"

"The legal ramifications.."

>The CEO, visibly angered, spoke again.

"Look. The remains of our clients will be returned to their families for burial. Most of them are rich bastards anyway, they can afford it. To protect us from lawsuits, we're filing for bankruptcy, immediately.

"I blame those stupid popular science journalists from the 21st century for making those gullible fools ever believe that nanotech and cryosuspension would work. Journalists and a pair idiots named George Noory and Michio Kaku."

This. This 100%.

>Pay some cunts to cryopreserve you
>Company goes bankrupt before your desired waking and you're unplugged off life support so they can sell the chambers as part of the assets
>No living relatives to care as your jelly covered body is thrown on a trash pile getting ready to be sent to the sun