Why are their no 3hour long movies anymore?

why are their no 3hour long movies anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt5649726/?ref_=adv_li_tt
thelongestfilm.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

deer hunter had ALOT of filler

There was Les Miserables a few years ago.

because they don't put intermissions in the middle of them any more and nobody can hold their pee in for 3 hours

Batman v Superman The Ultimate Cut is 3 hours.

The next transformers is supposed to be like 3 hours

The Hateful Eight just came out like last year and was a little over 3 hours, at least the 70mm version was.

fuck off normalfag

Why is any movie longer than 90m? You like having your time wasted with filler?

>he hasn't seen Worldwide

imdb.com/title/tt5649726/?ref_=adv_li_tt

>2085h 56min

120 minutes is the sweet spot. if its 90 minutes its a flick, if its 3+ hours its hipster bullshit

attention span

because theaters can only screen a three hour movie around 4 times a day per auditorium.

Cutting just 30 minutes out of a movie would enable a fifth or even sixth screening per day, per auditorium.

this is the reason WB cut BvS down. They knew it was shit so they needed as many screenings as possible over the international holiday opening weekend before people could realize how shit it was.

I can't pay attention that long. I also can't go longer than 2 hours without browsing the net.
Honestly how did people sit still that long?

ADHD Generation

>an actual legit answer

this is so untrue it hurts

Check again, you goober.

don't forget, no matter how bad this site gets, you're here forever.

Cloud Atlas is almost 3 hours long

2 words

Lav

Diaz

user, Movies used to be normally only 90 minutes long. A 120 minute movie was a big deal. 180minutes was considered largely insufferable, but it became popular in the late 90s to start making movies much longer than simple 90-120minutes. Only recently have movies gotten shorter again.

Because hollyjew doesn't make 4 hour Epics like they used to with Ten Commandments or Lawrence of Arabia.

Hollywood now caters to numales and niggers and Latin americans, and they don't have long attention spans

>deer hunter had ALOT of filler
>Spielberg asked me the same thing, "Michael, how did you get so much tension in this scene?" I said "Steven, the tension doesn't come from that scene, it comes from the wedding, the one-hour wedding before the scene"

Plebs will never understand. Cimino died this summer, got no sticky. Heaven's Gate is one of the most beautiful films ever made.

Most capeshit is two and a half hours for some reason

People are too casual
Too stupid to pay attention for long
Too stupid to appreciate the work that goes into movies
They're just there for 70 minutes of keeping their attention when there's an action scene and texting when it's not an action scene

maybe it'll be like peter o'toole, cimino won't get his sticky until later.
the deer hunter is so laid-back at times that it helps, it follows the trend of tons of dramas from the 70s, the slow-burning pace and characterization over action. the piano scene is one of the most underrated scenes of the film, and the immediate transition to the explosion in vietnam is amazing.

Because the days of making big movie epics in the jungle are long over. Now everybody and their fucking dog can make whole movies on their computers. Of course trying to convince a board of people that braaap post half the time is near to impossible. Sad!

Movies made in computers don't count.

a cure for wellness was close to the 3 hour mark.

feel free to elaborate

I think the days of movie epics are done with. Kind of sad.

> I don't know anything.

Scorcese's silence is 2h 40min
Transformers 5 is almost 3hrs
Dunkirk is 2h 40min

the last one was close to 3 hours too

sure, if being over 30 minutes shy of it counts as "close"

Zack Snyder gives us 3 hour capekino all the time, but no - you faggots just want Marvel quips generic blockbuster so he quit and now we have Whedon.

Cape shit is gay. Cape shit is what you call low hanging fruit, it is easy profit high yield low risk

You'd be lucky to hold the attention of millennials for 3 minutes.

I always skip the wedding scene

Like every dumb action movie needs a 2.5 theatrical cut and a 3 hour DVD.

>why are their no 3hour long movies anymore?

my immediate thought was to rebut with braveheart. looked it up. it came out 22 fucking years ago.

i feel old.

>why are their no 3hour long movies anymore?
Theaters need to max out the number of showings to stay in business because not enough people pay 50bux for popcorn and zogwater. The only movies allowed to run over 2 hours are basically capeshit and bible movies which have a guaranteed audience.

The last 3 hour blockbuster that people were willing to go see was probably Lord of the Rings. The only other person who's even attempted to make 3 hour movies since then is Snyder, and audiences don't like his movies.

Batman v Superman was supposed to be a three-hour epic before studio execs got cold feet and ruined the Theatrical Cut.

yup. I would love for them to bring intermissions back

thelongestfilm.com

ditti mow !

This is completely true. Brett Ratner says he will never make a Rush Hour longer than 90 mins so he can screen it 7 times a ay.

80 minutes is great, fuck you

>nobody can hold their pee in for 3 hours
I can hold out for 4 hours if I'm not paying 8 bux for a 64 oz jug of boba bola.

do you seriously go to the bathroom more than every three hours?

Grand Budapest Hotel is ninety minutes. Flick you say?

it's Wes Anderson's second worst movie

The Life Aquatic > Fantastic Mr. Fox > The Darjeeling Limited > The Royal Tenenbaums > Rushmore > Bottle Rocket > The Grand Budapest Hotel > Moonrise Kingdom

yes

God I love that movie.

You're forgetting that most people can't watch a movie in the theatre without stuffing their faces for the duration

i've never understood that. i never buy snacks at the theater. very rarely a "small" drink.

It was pretty miserable alright

Zack Snyder makes generic blockbusters too. You have shit taste

>generic
KEK

even the people who hate them would hardly call them generic

critics lambaste them specifically because they don't abide by the standard blockbuster formula

Critics lambaste them because he tries to intellectualise dumb blockbuster material but has zero sense of subtlety or nuance and ends up creating what looks like a 14 year-old anime fans idea of cool and stylish.

The wedding scene is boring. The movie would be better without it.

Moonrise Kingdom > The Life Aquatic > Rushmore > The Grand Budapest Hotel > Fantastic Mr. Fox > The Royal Tenenbaums > Bottle Rocket > The Darjeeling Limited

120-140 mins are usually the best films. Some 3+ hour ones a great though.

Pretty much every good 120 minute film would make a better 90 minute film with some good editing.

No

Short attention spans

nobody likes the theater experience. Having to be constrained to those shitty flip up seats for 3 hours no thanks. Do you remember peter Jackson's king kong? They really need to pad these movies out to actually be that long.

The directors cut of Kingdom of Heaven is absolutely NOICE and is over 3 hours long. The theatrical version was not that good. Not that is a new movie but still.

>Godfather is hipster bullshit

Because people have other shit to do. Also it's cheaper to make a shorter movie.

this is one of the worst posts i've ever seen on Sup Forums

>Make a 3.5 hour long movie
>The last 45 minutes have running water mixed into the soundtrack

>Heaven's Gate is one of the most beautiful films ever made
This. It was such a pleb filter when it came out that it unfortunately killed New Hollywood and put us in the pleb appeasing studio controlled industry we have today

based Tarkovsky