What made Ghostbusters fail and not succeed like Wonder Woman?

What made Ghostbusters fail and not succeed like Wonder Woman?

>ugly + fat women

Terrible props, unfunny actors,unfunny jokes, shitty actors.A remake with forceful cameos

Mediocre entry to a washed out franchise.

4 unpleasant women instead of one

Sometimes movies just really aren't good. It had the makings of a good movie, two SNL cast members and two of the main roles from Bridesmaids, which was IMO one of the funnier movies of the past 6 years (to say nothing of the director who filmed both). People just didn't really want to see it.

Pointless, charmless, brainless, hopeless.

It wasn't bad.

Gal is cute and likable unlike the entire cast of nubusters.

because it wasn't a superhero movie, and manchildren are the main income source of big blockbusters.

she is so qt i want to see this movie even more

Wonder Woman was an average capeshit movie, Ghostbusters was a terrible capeshit movie.
Gal Gadot is at least a 5/10, there is only one attractive Ghostbuster (the lesbian).
Hollywood has somehow convinced women that they are beating the patriarchy by buying WW tickets, Ghosbusters failed to do so

That must be some particularly strong crack.

Ghostbusters was about feminism, which is intrinsically failure.

Wonder Woman had exactly 0 feminist points or arguments. Therefore success.

That's all you need to know.

By being shit and WW was not shit

This, it has fuck all to do with the cast or that they were all women, parts of it were even funny, Michael Hat indeed kek. But, the story was bad, the women didn't gel like the original team who you could believe we're old friends, the ghost were boring purple blobs, there were faaaar too many call backs, nods and cameos, the script was average and it had literally no soul.

They should have had as many of the original team as possible, the rest could have been dead for any number of reasons. Hell they could have replaced a couple of them withe equally old dudes who were taken on after the deaths of other members, Rick Moranis and Siggy? Then the new team is a franchise in another city that either has to call in the old team or take over when the old team are killed by some uber evul shit. If they teamed up there would be the old v young or guys v gals dynamic and if the old team were killed off then it could be an emotional send off with the new team saving the day and stepping up.

>forced diversity
>shitting on fanbase
>shitting on IP

It was not only a shit comedy, but it also had the hooplah surrounding it as some sort of feminist female empowering movie.

I have to give props to Sony for getting them idiots who basically marketed it for free for them before release, pity it didnt work.

Wonder woman was always a woman.
Contrary to popular belief, we don't hate women, we hate having our favorite franchises messed with.

Dan Akroyd said it cost too much and Feig wasted too much on reshoots

Even if its still a crap movie, you can't fault him

It was a shitty movie written and directed by someone that not only had no fucking clue what made the original work but actively did everything he could to shit all over it and its fans.

>I have to give props to Sony for getting them idiots who basically marketed it for free for them before release, pity it didnt work.
You'be got to be kidding. Sony spent an absurd amount of money marketing Ghostbusters. All the viral forced feminism shit started with them, and they poured money into that fire to try and get the movie as much attention as financially possible.

If you lived in New York, there was a Ghostbusters poster on every other corner in downtown, and every street had a cab with a picture of one of those four bitches or the movie's logo. There's been reports that Sony spent nearly $200 million marketing this trash in the hopes that they could start a new franchise.

>0 feminist points or arguments

>a woman is the ultimate god slaying weapon to save us from evil men

In all seriousness, nobody wants to see ugly women in films.

Just like you don't make action movies about 50y old balding fat men.

No one wants to see 4 ugly and unfunny old women destroy a classic, user.

Wonder woman used a positivity based ad campaign, and kept the shills on a leash

It wasn't user, that's for sure.

Where does everyone come off liking Gal now? Fucking bandwagoning fags.

Well the two main reasons are that Wonder Woman wasn't replacing a male hero and Gadot and Jenkins didn't shit on men in every interview like that fat cunt McCarthy and mega cuck Feige

I didn't hurt that Wonder Woman was a decent movie and Ghostbusters was dogshit either.

>In all seriousness, nobody wants to see ugly women in films.

Literally this. Replace the cast with a bunch of Emmas and you have an extra 200mil at least

Is Emma the female Chris?

Because based Patty Jenkins doesn't believe in the MUH STRONK INDEPENDENT WOMYN NEED NO MAN retared narrative.

>“I feel like one of the most ironically sexist things that happened to women heroes for so long was that they had universal storytelling taken away from them. So, male superheroes could have Lois Lane. They can have love, they can have vulnerability, they can have complexity. But women superheroes or strong women characters had to be, ‘I don’t need anyone, I’m the toughest person in the world.’ That’s not fair to anybody. No human being is an island like that.

>“Chris Pine was a rare and special casting. We wanted a man who was a true parallel to Diana. A giant spirit who is the kind of man one aspires to be, but isn’t afraid to be complex and leave room for and even compliment another. He’s the kind of man women want to believe is out there. He’s also one of the best actors I’ve ever worked with.”

Guy is 100% right. Western feminist heroes became caricatures.

>Guy

It's from Patty Jenkins

Did you just assume their gender?!

I've always liked Gal since Fast and Furious and talked about her a lot.
Just so happens everyone else wants to like her now so I'm grouped in with the bandwagoners.

How do you know Patrick wasn't feeling cheeky with his name that day?

how the fuck are those shoes combat effective???

Years (see centuries) of experience

They forced the female stuff too hard. I would've been fine with a 50-50 cast, but no no no, they had to go all out with it.

Oh, and they acted like the original never existed.

C'mon man you fuckin serious?

Being less good.

*scans for all the major executive jobs, sees none*

I thought so.

Because original Ghostbusters fans had no interest in the sequel, and most millennials don't know or care about Ghostbusters outside of humming the theme song and making "Who you gonna call?" jokes.

but the only good part of that trainwreck was the Thor guy

Wonder Woman literally went around telling people men were good

Wonder Woman was a woman for close to 80 years. She wasn't a male character they changed to a female to appease to an audience that isn't there.

/thread