Don't mind me, just posting an edgy set of words from Watchmen

Don't mind me, just posting an edgy set of words from Watchmen.

Okay.

Okay

How is that edgy?

OP is using the word ironically

ironic shit posting is still shitposting

I call with a set of words that sound weird out of context.

Watchman was edgy in the TRUE sense of the word, and in a good way

Is the movie any good? I've heard mixed reviews

No

it's a pretty good adaption, definitely worth seeing. Rorschach is cast perfectly.

YOU SEE WHAT I MEAN

Saying it's bad is a meme.
>b-buh it missed le point of the comic
No, it didn't.
The movie isn't as deep as the book, but it's as good of a film as Watchmen will ever get.

Definitely good, but only if you watch the directors' cut.
Although I feel like it loses something by not
being serialised.
This. Also Comedian, Ozy, and Dr. Man. OG Nite-Owl deserves a mention too.

agreed. You want a movie adaptation that COMPLETELY misses the point of the original? V for Vendetta.

Only if you go to it without thinking like a comic book fan

It works better as a deconstruction of pre-2010 comic book movies than it does a deconstruction of comic books

I have such mixed feelings about V for Vendetta.
On one hand it's a horrible adaptation of the source material.

On the other hand, listening to Hugo Weaving's voice in that movie gives me all kinds of wonderfully unclean feelings.

It's a horrible dichotomy.

>Rarer than a quark

Does this asshole know what "rare" means?

Have you ever seen a quark m8?

Like with the naked eye? No. But Manhattan can supposedly see every single subatomic particle in existence. He'd be seeing quarks everywhere and constantly; they're one of the most common constituents of ordinary matter.

exactly this. Snyder took Watchmen and adapted it to the era in which he was releasing it.

that's like saying you're looking at flour when you see a cake

it turned the characters into actual superheroes instead of parodies of superheroes. it missed the point of the book.

Alan Moore is amazing

>Saying it's bad is a meme
>but it's as good of a film as Watchmen will ever get
No John, you are the memes.

So he can't see protons, neutrons, or electrons? He can't see atoms or molecules? I thought he could see things "so small and fast you couldn't imagine" or something along those lines. With his powers he very well could look at just a cake and see the flour. Didn't he receive a ring and comment on its atomic structure? I find it hard to believe he can see the lining between atoms but not quarks.

you're missing the point

if all the flour in the world was used to make cakes, then we wouldn't have flour any more

you can say the same for quarks, they're rare because they aren't often found on their own

>b-buh it missed le point of the comic
But it did.

To add to that: Most types of quarks aren't found in matter, but can still exist as long as they're bound to another type of quark. Since Manhattan is mostly omniscient he should also be able to see quarks as one would see flour before mixing it in with cake batter.

They're never found on their own. If he could only see quarks as individual particles he would never see them at all.

And life is less common than that. I don't know how you can miss that point.

Life is less common than something that appears everywhere at any point you can observe in the universe that isn't completely empty space. Wow. What a revelation.

How to flirt, by Dr Manhattan:

>You're more beautiful than a pile of crap.
>You are more inteligent than a down-sindrom goldfish.
>If a snail had limbs, then it could probably out-race you, like most animals. But since it doesn't, it's accurate to say that you're more athletic than a snail.