/YOU/

Hey Sup Forums, what's it like having your opinions guided by your neurology? I ask here because well, where else is the concentration of autists and sociopaths so high?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6G9TlIg7XVc
youtube.com/watch?v=s96drQkfpPI
youtube.com/watch?v=vmL72sgVdAQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

oh geez, intelligence is genetic?
damn, i thought it was taught.

go do some mental gymnastics and get back to us with an updated version of dehumanization.

You try to use sociopathy as a negative but it's actually the measure of human competence

and that includes the mandatory steps in child advancement, like learning to lie

The opposite of a highly competent person (a Machiavelli) is a person with Williams Syndrome.

Australia you used to have higher quality shitposts. Tossing out a basic strawman fallacy is really pathetic.

yeah but whats it like?

Williams Syndrome?

They're the ideal people of myth, especially the myth of females.

They're what every child is supposed to be and every human is supposed to aspire to be.

In other words, the lies people tell each other to convince each other that humans aren't miserable granny-selling-for-a-dollar scum

(Williams Syndrome people have no fear of others. They are totally open. They also can't read facial expressions, have low IQs, and can't function in society on their own. They look like elves, too — which explains where the elvish myths come from.)

so too little sociopathy, combined with stupidity?

No. Go back and read for comprehension.

The stupidity IS the opposite of competence. Competence is sociopathy.

That's the entire point.

The only difference between a serial killer and a highly competent person is that the highly competent person knows when it's truly in their interest to kill and the serial killer doesn't have enough frontal lobe function to make the smartest decisions

morally, there is no difference

so you are claiming that competence is synonymous with sociopathy? are there no other factors in being competent?

An MD characterized Williams Syndrome that way.

I think he's correct, too.

People weave vast elaborate webs, labyrinths, and towers of lies in order to half-convince themselves and others that people are "good"

When, in fact, they all aspire to be horrible (at least the most competent ones).

Don't mistake sociopathy for recklessness

This also comes down to the debate over altruism

One side (the Machiavellian side) says altruism is insanity. The other says Machiavellianism is insanity.

That MD sides with Machiavelli and so does humanity (at least governments/elites).

The US, for instance, indoctrinates children to believe their country is "good" and they're the world's biggest dealer of arms. HA

Then what if I put it to you that adaptedness is being best able to promote your own interests and those of your species. Being social animals, we would require a mix of people, some a bit more selfish, some a bit more caring, some in the middle, and very few outliers. Outliers would ordinarily get a spear in the back at some point. What do you make of this in light of your competence schema?

>your own interests and those of your species

You're muddying the pro-altruism and anti-altruism arguments.

Williams Syndrome isn't muddy. It shows a clear path from lack of competence to competence and that path toward it is toward sociopathy.

Truth be told I'm arguing that diversity is adaptive, and that too much or too little altruism , or sociopathy is maladaptive.

That has nothing to do with competence/sociopathy argument.

People with Williams are diversity and so are highly competent people.

So let's clarify, bit by bit..

1. Are you saying that people that people with high competency are sociopathic?

2. Are you saying that there are no other attributes that are consistent with high competency?

3. Are you saying that people with Williams are incompetent?

4. Are you saying that people with Williams are extremely non-sociopathic?

5. If you answer yes to 4, does this mean that people that are not sociopathic cannot be highly competent?

If I can impose on you, I ask that you be make your answers quite specific to the above questions, I am trying to understand your claims.

1) Yes. Non-sociopathic behavior (altruism) is incompetence. Even a genius can be incompetent in some areas.

2) High competency has a variety of symptoms but none of them divorce it from sociopathy.

3) Of course.

4) Of course.

5) Yes.

The point, again, is that Williams represents humanity in a nearly pure state. They don't fear others. They are totally open with their feelings because of that. But, they also can't read facial expressions much. Their understanding of human interaction is quite limited.

Innocence is a sort of bliss, I suppose, but it's very limiting.

The key, also again, is to not confuse this with an argument that recklessness is competence. Serial killers are incompetent because their frontal lobe function makes them unable to control their impulses (make wise Machievellian decisions).

Narcissism through feigned humility.

>I am just so awful! Terrible even! I am a worthless dog turd!

>PRAISE ME FOR MY CRITICAL HUMILITY!

You sound like an embarrassing adolescent.

Unsurprising from a Jew.

>this is what sociopaths actually believe

did she really say that ?

ad hominem fallacy is the most adolescent of responses

>Don't mistake sociopathy for recklessness
>Even though that's one of the symptoms of sociopathy

You're an idiot or a liar.

Recklessness is only a symptom of sociopathy for those who believe altruism is sanity. Those people define sociopathy as reckless.

>what's it like having your opinions guided by your neurology?

Liberating. Constantly tearing down my beliefs with the opposite opinion leaves me as a man with nothing.

Much prefer to choose something and tell everyone else to fuckoff.

'Sociopathy' is clinically defined under the terms Antisocial Personality Disorder and Psychopathy, both of which include impulsiveness/recklessness as a clear symptom of the disorder.

Maybe you should do the bare minimum of research on your own condition before you make up blatant lies on anime imageboards.

Sociopathy is pathological edginess

Also this

The vast majority of them greatly exaggerate their own 'achievements', the vast majority of which seem to involve antagonising people who make them feel insecure in their vastly inflated egos.

ASPD is only considered a disorder if the symptoms significantly impacts your life, i.e. your recklessness and impulsiveness means you are unable to keep a job or unable to stay out of prison. If you have mainly 'primary' symptoms of psychopathy, i.e. shallow emotions, lack of anxiety, lack of fear, charm etc. then you're just not a complete autist faggot so congratulations.

Source: Used to work in a ward with men diagnosed with ASPD. They are mostly just your average shitcunt criminal with a bit of sparkle.

Good stuff. I suppose at this point I better get some clarification on how you define competence. Also, can you give some examples?
I am wondering if the competence you speak of is advantaged in say 20th century westernism, in comparison to say pre-agricultural tribal lifestyles. In statistical terms, are sociopaths more likely to prosper now rather than 15 000 years ago?

I'm not sure what you mean by pure state. Aren't Williams people defective? Do you mean naive?

>The US, for instance, indoctrinates children to believe their country is "good" and they're the world's biggest dealer of arms. HA

Found the self-hating American.

don't know. perhaps worth googling?

what if you're wrong?

Tell that to the MD I spoke of.

Maybe you can lecture him about research, too.

That definition is arguable. A lot of people in Psychology are pro-altruism.

Google until you find the MD talking about Williams Syndrome. It is his characterization. I have other things I need to get done today so educating you further is going to have to be passed on.

>I'm not sure what you mean by pure state. Aren't Williams people defective? Do you mean naive?
If you read my comments you'll understand.

These are relatively accurate examples of the manipulation exhibited in ASPD:

The edgy Machiavellian puppetmaster is mostly a meme from my experience.

OP here. So where do you sit with empathy. Is that of any value at the individual/group/species level. Why do wolves appear to have it.
Is altruism ever of value? And to clarify, I will claim empathy is not identical with altruism.

>Tell that to the MD I spoke of.

And how do I do this?

Can I find him through Google?

youtube.com/watch?v=s96drQkfpPI
youtube.com/watch?v=vmL72sgVdAQ

Wrong link, fuck.

Now you're sounding like a cop-out. Just when we were getting somewhere. Who is educating who? It's just possible I am the more competent....