>it's a Xander gets turned into a Hyena episode
>it's a Willow falls for an internet Demon episode
>it's a Xander falls for a giant praying mantis episode

Best season tbqh

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F28XcxHxH6k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They need to reboot this show.

My mom didn't let me watch this while it was airing, said it was a bad influence. Should I torrent it?

Angel was better.

>Angel was better.

I was hoping they were going to do a limited run of 4-6 episodes this year for the shows 20th anniversary.

It's better because its Batman in L.A whereas Buffy has a garbage season in Uni followed by with her dumb stock character chad boyfriend, a garbage season of dead mom with lots of crying and annoying sister and then two more very mediocre seasons.

The first three seasons are great but the quality declines significantly after those (though there are still some good episodes in the later seasons).

Seasons 2 and 3 are the peak in quality for the show.

>it's a Buffy gets outshined by its far superior spin off episode

I loved that show but the fandom damaged my soul.

This thread is a good example of it.

How so?

It's entirely just memes spouted with nothing to back it up.

I agree, but it's not a popular opinion. There was something about season 1 that really spoke to me.

it was shit, only better than the horrible season 7

Please rename that picture to "death cult".

season 4 a best
fite me

nope

I was watching it a while ago and I gave up just in this exact season. I guess I did the right thing if that is the best it can offer.

Got told s4 was shit but I definitely feel like s3 was weaker
>undid the impact of Angel's death in s2
>based Cordelia from season 2 becomes shit
>Xander and Willow destroy best relationship and it achieves nothing
>Faith turned full evil after one mistake

The finale and villains were great, and there were some great moments like the Evil Angel fakeout that made me message a friend mid-episode over how irredeemable it was only to have to apologise a few minutes later but it didn't feel as great as season 2

I like the growing pains evident in season 4, and the college age military unit is hokey but it's not like they didn't have high school kids turning themselves into monsters with regular science and all sorts of other fantastical shit so why nitpick one of those elements and ignore the rest

Also, Hush seems like the standout of the entire series, genuinely felt above and beyond what Buffy has been so far

Willow best girl

ew, this webm looks like it it's from the colour-corrected (read: shit) re-release that was used on the disgusting blu-ray.

Absolutely haram.

I agree with a lot of these, but Willow is shit. Particularly in S3.

S3 felt like everyone was just in a holding pattern. Buffy and Angel break up 54 times, that clothes fluke shit with W/X and I found Faith to be annoying as fuck. They should have just had her kill herself like they planned.

who cares about colors when you get that sweet cameltoe in hd.

when you get scenes where it looks like Buffy is sleeping in the middle of the day, scenes where the emotional impact is lost because it's supposed to be using the darkness for cinematography, scenes where it looks like Angel is out in the daylight, scenes where you can see the rig behind or the wires because of the over-exposure, and even scenes where you can see the FUCKING PRODUCTION CREW IN THE CORNER; all of this is not worth a couple camel-toes in """"""HD"""""

sure it does. and a lot of those errors existed in the europian dvds as well since it's also widescreen and no one gave a shit then.

Only the later seasons are in wide-screen in the European DVDs, and those seasons were more aware of the possible wide-screen transition and were framed as such.

1-3 aren't widescreen.

Then they DNR'd the ever-loving fuck out of 4-7. They couldn't have done a worse job if they tried. I was told they fixed a lot of that shit in the ABC family ones or whatever, but everything is still so blurred and miscolored it might as well be a cartoon.

Season 1 is fucking awful

It was.

>and those seasons were more aware of the possible wide-screen transition and were framed as such.

okay bro

Looks fine to me. sounds like you're just parotting something you read online or something instead of just watching it yourself.
i'm not saying it's the ultimate version of the show to watch, but it's not as bad as people make it out tom be.

>looks fine to me
>skin has little detail and everything is pink

>it's a Buffy and Willow don't have Lesbo sex episode

For the Autists in here, buffy SyFy HD has no issues with color corrections. Thats a dvd meme.

The version they use on netflix etc is all the good version.

Lies. They're all corrected. And thus, wrong.

do you even know what color correction is?

Do you?

do YOU?

I do. But do you do, too?

Actually, I thought the adjustments on the R2 DVDs looked better.

Fun fact: All the DVDs are changed from the original airing.

Is it just me or are a lot more channels suddenly playing this in syndication???

Download and watch Firefly and the movie Serenity instead.

that fact isn't fun at all.

The Netflix version of Buffy IS ABSOLUTELY the fucked one.

Do not watch it. It is utter garbage.

All the women on this show were so fuggen hot

The CW are going full ham on syndication and streaming at the moment, so that might have something to do with it.

CW don't own Buffy

Your webm completely proves the original point; that scene with Spike takes place IN HIS DARK LAIR, with BARELY ANY LIGHTING, when it is NIGHT TIME OUTSIDE.

You can clearly see how the colour correction has completely fucked the scene.

>ywn never bang buffy's mom on the hood of a police car

you had to use a screenshot from that episode, didn't you?

lol did they use a stunt double for just jumping off the bed?

Save for the main plot s4 was GOAT.
Hush, Pangs, the one with Kathy. Motw central baby.

>Spin the bottle

>"Won't get in there and stop them?"

>"Why would I do that? It's about time english get what's coming to them. "

>"my money is on the slave."

Olden times Angel is best angel.

Don't forget the Halloween episode with the teeny fear demon

this fucking dire tired opinion, all i get from it is you have childish goober tastes. Season 6 is kino tier, you just like the queermo scooby gang shit.

>Also, Hush seems like the standout of the entire series
i felt the same about the episode which has her in a mental institue and implies the entire series may just be the imagination of a lunatic locked up somewhere.

Spike's stunt double was used in many weird places. I think the actor said that he did it on purpose to give him work.

S6 up until Villains and S7 up until Lies are goat tier.

The actor doesn't really have a say in it, I don't think.

Netflix removed Buffies and added the fucking Trolls movie
REEEE

Wrong!

Not even close to wrong. Do you really think a service like Netflix for the causal plebs would put up the original version with the grain filter and 4:3 aspect ratio? The yuppies of today aren't gonna watch that!

related:
youtube.com/watch?v=F28XcxHxH6k

meaningless argument, Buffy isn't even not netflix anymore.

The ONLY reason to watch Season 6 is for 'Once More With Feeling' and 'Tabula Rasa'. Everything else can just be completely ignored unless you are watching the plot for the first time, which is a real slog.

Nostalgia fags are so angry and wrong.

I'd say the first half of season 6 was alright (except for the episode right before OMWF. God, what a waste of a Holloween episode). Once Giles leaves, the show slowly started to lose itself.

You can't reboot perfection, just let it be

>were
It's fucking WE'RE, "WE ARE", for fuck sake

Why was Xander such a cuck? I figured it out, it's because he was Joss Whedon's self-insert.

Really the most useless character, Willow has stints of uselessness but at least she's cute and funny

>fucked faith
>cuck
you're only kidding yourself my dude

pff, literally anyone can fuck Faith.

name two

Literally and Anyone

randos at bars she hangs out at, black principal, she wanted to fuck wesley, angel, her having sex with men is literally a controlling defense mechanism.

She's never had a single decent relationship till after end of all the shows.

>Fucked Cordelia, Faith and Anya
>cuck

Go home Spike, you're drunk.

>Fucked Cordelia
Never happened. Faith was his first.

He never fucked Cordy. He lost his virginity to Faith.

>anya

Literally an autistic slut and he just happened to be there.

>had literally every female character on the show show romantic affection for him at one point
>there was a whole episode where he magically becomes irresistible to women and they start fighting each other to get to fuck him
>had a love triangle with Willow and Cordelia
>only main to fuck Faith
>got into the pants of an ancient qt demon
Nah man, Xander is low-key alpha as fuck.

Whedon WISHES he pulled that much tail.

>it's a musical episode
Glad I can just skip those.

What is it about Angel that makes all the side characters from Buffy infinitely better?
Cordelia sans season 4, Wesley and fucking Harmony of all people are fucking god tier in Angel, yet insufferable in Buffy.

Harmony is pretty much the same on both shows.

lol pleb

Firefly is fucking garbage.

>had literally every female character on the show show romantic affection for him at one point

Magic spells don't count.

Going from recurring characters to regular characters tends to do that.

Cordelia, Anya, Willow and Faith were all legit.

IIRC there was some flirting with him and Buffy in one episode, not sure if that was a spell or not.

Either way, that's an at least 80% success rate.

>no powers
>still fights evil
Xander is the fucking Batman of the Scoobies.

my main issue with season 4 is the whole 'we've drifted apart this year' bullshit fight at the end of the season. rewatching the season pretty much negates that whole thing. They were always together, always planning and researching, the only person that truly felt out of the loop was Giles.

Any and all musical episodes in shows that aren't musicals are garbage, no exceptions.
And this is coming from a guy who loves musicals.

lol pleb

Season 4 felt kind of lame in comparison precisely because of that. Giles was useless and unemployed, Xander was a bad cocktail away from being a NEET...

Show just wasn't comfy anymore. Too much like actual growing up and seeing friends become fuckups.

>Too much like actual growing up and seeing friends become fuckups.
and yet people love season 6

Why didn't Willow kill Xander? It felt like that's what was supposed to happen and the network pussed out. He's the worst fucking character in the universe too, can't believe they kept that faggot around for more than an episode.

Because they made Willow way too strong.
There was literally nothing anyone could do against her, even in the penultimate episode.

a blu-ray for Buffy hasn't been released and likely won't be unless they decide to reboot it with an event series or something.

the HD remaster you're talking about is simply the one used for streaming purposes, and yeah, i've heard it sucks and that there are tons of scenes where boom mics and equipment are visible because of it. if they ever do a legit blu ray they have to do it like the guys from The Wire did where they recut the entire aspect ratio to get rid of equipment mishaps & scenes where the widescreen removes some of the emotional impact, but I doubt they would do that.

KEK

the DVDs I had growing up are all Region 1 and look exactly as they did when they were first broadcast, 4:3 for all

widescreen only ever works when the series was originally shot that way. HD still looks fine in 4:3, look at the Twin Peaks blu ray for example

Hulu has Buffy & Angel streaming rights now

R1 dvds cut out the 'previously on buffy' segments, which in a season 7 episode had an extra scene (the girls getting blown up)

If she killed Xander she still could have fucked off and everything because she'd feel bad after.

Completely disagree. Life Serial, Smashed, Dead Things, Older & Far Away, all great episodes, and the last few with Dark Willow are fun as well.

This guy gets it, All the Way is easily the worst episode of season 6 and one of the worst of the entire series, it's up there with Beer Bad

you forgot to mention that he also starts fucking Dawn in the Season 8 comics

that was fucking hilarious. my nieces watched buffy for the first time and saw that, then started giggling like the retarded 14 year olds they are.

>I am a mature boy, I like mature things like non yellow lighting and I think girls are gross