Are humans the most badass species in the universe? Whenever there is a universe ending crisis...

Are humans the most badass species in the universe? Whenever there is a universe ending crisis, it is always the human that ultimately saves the day.

Moreso because it's written by and for humans.

>Are humans the most badass species in the universe?
They're not sharks so no.

I've noticed this too. I mean, it seems like nothing about other planets even gets touched on during these multiverse-spanning crises.

What's going on on Mars during Final Crisis, J'onn? And what about Mogo? Were there a shit ton of Mogos just floating around and shit?

Regardless of universe, you can always count on the human. The same can't be said about the flying brick aliens.

>it's a "humans are an averagely powerful species that save the day through bravery" episode

Assuming the Drake equation is correct, the fact we haven't wiped our selves out might be testament to the awesomeness that is humanity.

Usually the humans end up putting it in peril to begin with as well.

Name several times this happened.

I feel like (in the DCU) there are a lot of ways to explain that.

First, humans weren't ALWAYS at the core moments of universe history. In fact, it wasn't until the last 100 years that humans stopped most bad shit from happening. The other stuff simply hasn't been written about.

Second, to the degree that humans are usually the saviors, it's because they're kind of at the forefront of dangerous situations. 6+ GLs on Earth hint that.

Third, even though it contradicts the space lore already established, it's possible that the conception of "universe ending" scenarios is misleading. That is, a villain's goals will affect, at best, a large cluster of galaxies, as opposed to the entire universe. Hence why other galaxies wouldn't give a single fuck.

Kryptonians.

Is Vartox's species still Kryptonians on cocaine and steroids? Probably Valeronians then.

Because we are always telling the story.

>Kryptonians.
>badass

Though at least in Annihilation, it was mostly the rest of the galaxy off dealing with shit, even if the few humans there managed to take center stage.

Also, according to the DC canon, the planet Earth is special for a lot of reason.

>First planet with life.
>Planet with more diverse life and ecossystem too, the special garden of God according to Sandman and LĂșcifer.
>The planet that Morpheus focused his attention due to being salty over a break up - which attracted the other Endless.

It's not really bout humanity, for a significant portion of universe ending threats it's about superman. For anything concerning GL's, i have a theory about why we get so many human GL's. Put quite simply its because we are easily exploitable, and expendable. Think about it, we aren't part of the galactic community, and no one gives a shit about humans. The Guardians can use and abuse us as much as they want without outcry from any important galactic power, because no one care, we literally have no voice on the galactic stage. Any other lantern well someone cares about him and his species, and someone will say something, humans, not so much. Even people on earth don't know who it is or what they do, meaning there are even fewer people to kick up a stink about it when they get killed in the line of duty. Furthermore we've proven to be pretty gullible, we buy into their spiel hook line and sinker. We've proven loyal, we're expendable, we're good enough to do the job, and we are readily available, why wouldn't the guardians exploit a resource like that?

In GLs case it's because Hal has been a member longer than essentially every lantern other on the team.

>Crisis of Infinite Mogos

Earth is center of the multiverse for dc and linchpin to it (its destroyed all is destroyed). So ya humans da best.

Hal's a pup compared to Kilowog.

Hal joined before Kilowog did pre-crisis.

It's more accurate to say its always somebody from earth

Welp they did touch apon it a little in the backup in crisis on infinite earths 11.

Isn't earth the actual center of the DC universe or something?

Look, I don't have it in me to deal with all these stupid, unnecessary, willy-nilly retcons tonight, okay?

Oa is (or was, I guess) the center of the universe

Earth was where all life started somehow

If sharks are so badass then why do we kill more of them than them?

It's because of John Carter. He started it

this sounds almost like that uchiha madara copypasta

That is not badass. That is just some Superman powerwanking,

Was this from Blackest Night?
My memory is fuzzy.
Does that mean Earth is the oldest life-supporting planet?
Because that would make life in the universe relatively young

But how could it make sense when the Guardians, from the planet Maltus, are the oldest living beings in the universe?

Somehow yes even though the Guardians/Zamarons from Maltus have been alive for 5 billion years.

>Does that mean Earth is the oldest life-supporting planet?
That would just be sad and embarrassing considering how primitive they are in comparison to rest of the universe.

Just makes Earth the Africa of the universe.

Humans are supposed to have started in Africa. And its is the worst shithole on the planet. It takes outside forces for human life in Africa to advance and without outside forces, it collapses back into the hellpit it was before the outside forces were there.

>And its is the worst shithole on the planet
But Africa isn't Australia. Or Florida.

Yeah. Even the earliest, simplest Earth life isn't 4 billion years old.
Well I don't know about that. Evolution being unpredictable and dependent on the environment, it's kind of believable that intelligent life on other planets might develop faster. But it still makes no sense

Earth is the Arena in which destinies are made.

and the real silly thing about it is that the Gaurdians were pretty far down the Maltusian evolution line so that place is even older than they are. It's why it's such a shithole and completely overpopulated.

Because they don't have any reason to kill us

But why
Who decided that?

Who decides anything?

The gladiators.

SPART-A-CUS!
SPART-A-CUS!
SPART-A-CUS!

That's a good point.
But then again life on earth spread out from Africa other planets gained life seperate from earth

Ancient Aliens came and took my babies!

Watch Steven Universe then, humanity is worthless in protecting its own planet, Gems are objectively superior to humans (even hybrid humans), and even the good gems see humans as inferior.

wait what? I think maybe you're misinterpreting what the point of that equation was

The Plot, and it's bouncing glory.

Sure, but usually they come up with an explanation of some kind for this kind of bullshit

Why is this stuff so much more interesting than anything that actually happened in final crisis

Well, let's do some fridge logic.

IF Earth is the life source for the entire universe, then the planet itself must be as old as the oldest life in the universe. Since we have creatures in the universe that are effectively as old as the universe, this makes earth, or at least a PART of earth, the oldest matter in the universe that isn't buried in a black hole.

Fine. That's acceptable. Earth or a significant part of it is the first matter to be able to give rise to life. Not a big deal. So some part of earth is 13.4 billion years old. No worries.

But science tells us most of earth is only 4 billion years old. So how to fridge logic that? Easy--- Most of the visible/testable earth is just 4 billion years old. Sometime in earth's first few million to tens of millions of years of forming, that original old piece of matter that all life started on? It slammed into the earth.

And now we have it. Earth can be the life source because part of it has a large chunk of the true original life source embedded in it thanks to cosmic hijinks.

This isn't even a HFY thread and HFY threads are allowed on Sup Forums
I can fucking see this becoming canon, and if you hadn't come up with it right now I probably wouldn't even mind it

One of the major theories for the formation of Earth was that another planet slammed into it.

How can earth be the first planet with life if Morpheus brings a woman from Oa with him to the star city, which inspires sol to host life on his planets?

Not only that but Kaine and Abel are said to have not been born on or died on Earth.

I like this theory.

It's possible that vampires predate life on earth to we know they predate humans so it's not that much of a stretch.

Yet

The Guardians have said that Earth is the center of the universe. Then there's the Life Entity that was there. And then there's the metahuman gene that basically allows all humans to possibly get super powers and that attracted the dominators. And Earth is also the center of their universes for all universes and observed as so by the multiversal monitors.

at least its not saiyan or other race

wait wtf? In DC canon Earth is the first planet with life? Then why are we the least technologically advanced?

>first planet with life
That is not true at all, the first life formed on some random planet older than earth and was some microbe. First intelligent life was most likely the maltusians

/thread

If by humans, you mean Americans, then yes. We are the most badass species in the universe.

It canon that most planets are lucky if they have ONE person eligible for the Corps. Earth has SEVEN and they're all from the US of A.

Earth was the first planet the White Life Entity touched down on when it arrived.

Also, humans were meant to be gods, the Fifth World. Then aliens tampering fucked it up, so we exist as potential only.

>Everyone in this tread that is trying to justify that bad, unimaginative and usa centered fiction
It's simply made by americans who figured out the lowest possible output they can create to still earn money.

Because YHWH pulls a shit ton of string for his special snow flakes. He don't care about his earlier creations. The same will happen to you too humans.