What went wrong?

>Disney

So that's what cocaine does to you

How could they fuck up her jawline/lips so badly?

I don't know which one is fake.

left

What went wrong?

Eyes too far apart

It's pretty good, but they made her face too long and thin.

>tfw took me a few seconds to figure out which one is which

>slight pig face in first movie.
>cg version removes it.
>people complain.

yeah nobody wanted to see an idealized Leia according to 2017 standards. If you're bringing her back, at least, respect the same face, it was just ridiculously bad

Her eyes and her face glow too much in the fake one. It's like she's on drugs. They made her look more like Carrie Fisher than Princess Leia.

Leia wasn't THAT bad, but I would have prefered if they left her out entirely. Tarkin on the other hand should not have been animated since he was so heavily featured in the movie. It's good animation, I'm sure, but it just can't compete with the real thing. All his movements are too fluid, I didn't know they were animating him or that he was even going to be in the movie when I saw it in theaters but I knew instantly that that was not a real actor.

My biggest problem with Tarkin wasn't even that he was a CG character, but that they didn't even try to get a VA who could do a Peter Cushing impression.

Why put so much effort into making the character look like Cushing but put zero effort into making him sound like Cushing?

cocaine is a helluva drug

too much drugs

Why am i starting to hate star wars? i can't even understand myself, its just pissing me off, i can't stand star wars classic musics anymore and the sound of lightsaber is boiling my blood...it got so bad i gave all my star wars figurines to my lil 8years old cousin, who already broke half of them, somehow i felt good about it.

Anyone else feeling this? can anyone explain whats going on?

>this much nit-picking
oh you lot.

She's just using logical operators.

Nothing. It looked fine.

I understand what you mean. In my case it's because when they deleted the EU I felt like every character I got to know was taken away from me.
There's really no reason for me to care about Star Wars anymore. I don't like anything made by Disney anyway.
Maybe I should thank Disney for helping me move on but to be honest I hate how Star Wars is a thing for adults now and how normies suddenly dig it when it used to be a nerd escapism thing. I don't hate it because it's normie but I hate it because they dumbed it down in a very violent way to make it normie.
I used to write some fan fiction about Star Wars, I know George Lucas loved fan fiction. I was gonna post some on the internet but now I guess I'll drop the hobby and focus on other things.

Btw what's going on in that photo? kek

There was some oddities in the facial animation. At times, when she was still and silent, it worked, but instantly when she started to emote, it was way too obviously a CGI creation.

you're finally growing up, peter pan

Adobe Botox - they couldn't help themselves.

>hope

Nothing. She just didn't have the luxury of fixing her eyeliner cuz fucking Imperials were chasing her.

Why are her eyes so fucking reflective? Is she on drugs?

Why does the one on the right look so weird and fake?

70s sci fi clothes and make up. They dumbed down the outfits for the major characters afterwards to make them more earth-like and less goofy.

>hope

>get replaced by robotic computer creation.
>die next week.
>mom dies right after from depression/stress.
lovin every laugh.

CGI still can't get human skin right

CGI tech is still shit when it comes to eyes. Also, cheek shape stays the same despite jaw movement while talking and emoting.

The original one on the right shows disgust and apprehension. They used that as a reference and twisted it into their appropriation of a hopeful smile with the left one.

>tech

It's literally just a shitty artist. You can make realistic eyes if you're good enough.

The one on the left looks better in motion.

she looks like a high tier hologram on the left ironically

they should have used this style for the actual holograms, but audiences would be too dumb and get confused by a life-life projection I suppose. pandering to idiots is the name of the game nowadays

Here is a quick guide on how to spot a Sup Forumstard in disguise/potential:

>have no facebook
>don't use instagram
>hate hero movies
>hate star wars

Like this retard here
Stay always vigilant woke peeps ;-)

>Overuse of specular effects on the eyes,mouth,skin and hair because "glossy == realistic" meme.
>Made her face thinner either for aesthetics or because rigging/animating soft surfaces is harder than flat solid ones.
>Those colors

Here's a quick guide on how to spot a reddit troll:

>tries to call out Sup Forums in every other post
>defends billion dollar movie franchises very consistently
>is frequently confused by the posting style due to the lack of usernames and assumes all replies are part of a conversation
>frequently uses baseless namecalling as an attempt to assert a point
>uses smiley faces/says lol/lmao/rofl

The decay stems from your masters

Predator 2

>Seeing Rogue One this weekend. Saw CGI me. Though like uber botox. One more(?). Persistent.

>only more persistent

Yeah, Tarkin was fluid enough to be over the uncanny valley, but he just looked like a more detailed model from one of the Star Wars CGI shows.

They should've just done what they did in Episode III and have a lookalike actor play him.

Turning him into a cartoon character was pretty shit. And yeah, his voice impression fuckin sucked.

Ep 3 wasn't a lookalike it was a hideous rubber mask and it looked fucking awful which is why it was kept at a safe distance.

The animation is fine but not perfect and knowing Carrie Fischer having recently died makes the whole shot just creepy. Same thing but to a lesser extent with Tarkin.
Even though computer animation has developed quickly I feel the movie magic has been lost along the way and all restraint that movie makers used to make a guy in an awkward rubber suit come off as a terrifying monster. Same thing here, you can have the characters appear, just don't get a full frontal shot of their lifeless faces in a brightly lit room but instead maybe just get a side profile or a silhouette shot and it delivers the same impact to the audience which is "hey I 'member that character from the previous movies".

Man, this is just wrong ... imagine if your boss could use your voice and selling skills forever after you die without paying you/your family a single cent for it.

This woman is dead, let her soul go disney.

It's strange because they had a model that looks better than the final one