Saw this(ginger snaps) last nite after seeing a thread about it here a few days ago

saw this(ginger snaps) last nite after seeing a thread about it here a few days ago
it was really good and really fucking funny at times. true horror kino.

should i bother with the sequels?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/igvS_yAmRS0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

brrrrrt

Yes, and they are very different so it won't feel like a repeat. 3 is more of a reimagining (or an hallucination of one of the characters in 2) but it's great. It hated for some reason, but it's great.

They're bleaker than the first one though. It's like the old Planet of the Apes movies, no happy ending.

I liked the 2nd one i think its worth watching.

I havent watched the 3rd but im looking forward to it.

Overrall i think its a solid series of movies, even i like the 2nd more than the 1st, but the first one is more fun imho.

The second one is almost on par with the first one in terms of quality, though the tone is vastly different. Not much humor in that one.

I saw the third one once and it didn't make much of an impression. Seemed pointless.

Emily Perkins is very qt.

>Emily Perkins is very qt.

Agree with you, i find her very attractive in this movies

2nd one is great
3rd one is pretty shit

my niggas

>tfw no emily perkins gf

Ginger Snaps Back was the only good one

2nd has been mentioned a few times before as a film you either love or hate.

I fucking loved it.

It feels so... good, Brigitte. It's like touching yourself. You know every move... right on the fucking dot. And after, you see fucking fireworks. Supernovas. I'm a goddamn force of nature. I feel like I could do just about anything.

she's pretty ugly though.

so is your mom but that didn't stop your dad...

Watching Ginger Snaps and Ginger Snaps 2 back to back used to be a yearly occurrence for me every Halloween. I should probably stop doing that again.
And yeah, the second film is excellent in its own right.

Nah, there's definitely something strangely attractive about her.

>I should probably stop doing that again.
>start*

It's the most obvious puberty allegory ever and yet I find it so compelling. No idea why this works and so many films don't when it isn't that unique

>Puberty allegory
Haha what? IT's about werewolves you fucking mong

The 2nd one has a very different tone but is definitely worth it, haven't seen any beyond that

holy shit, is that Margot Verger?

She was so fucking attractive in the second film.

It is. Ginger Snaps was the film which made her a cult horror actress in the first place.

Ginger Snaps is a perfect 10/10 horror movie. Great characters, great atmosphere, tone and even humor. (director also worked on xena warrior princess)

I don't know how they managed such a great movie on a shoestring budget (thank you Canadian government funding) but it's my go to movie for Halloween.

The sequel is really good but a completely different movie.

Third one is basically unrelated to the first two but is great in its own way. Werewolves in colonial Canada with spooky native magic around a frontier fort.

>"Haha what? IT's about werewolves you fucking mong"
>puberty changing from an innocent kid to a teenager ie monster
>werewolves change from humans to savage beasts
>not the most obvious allegory ever

Here's a (You).

Not everything is an allegory or deep hidden message. Sometimes a werewolf is just a werewolf

nah that dudes totally right on this one.

>No idea why this works and so many films don't when it isn't that unique

Because it is an exceptionally well-crafted horror movie on every level.

EMILY PERKINS IS MY WAIFU

Also 1 and 2 were great films. I always get nostalgia feels watching 1 because I first saw it on Channel 4 late one night in 2005 or 2006. That was a comfy period in my life.

how can a woman even be this perfect

don't forget that Ginger showed the goods in FvJ

youtu.be/igvS_yAmRS0

why would you pick the ugly one what the fuck?

The "Emily Perkins is ugly" meme needs to die.

I don't understand.

Cute. CUTE!