I know "Goku vs. Superman" is a popular topic...

I know "Goku vs. Superman" is a popular topic, but something that's interested me for a while is the two characters switched.
A young Kal El's ship falls behind a hut and is raised by an old kung-fu master named Gohan, A Young Kakarot's pod falls onto a farm with Jonathan and Martha Kent. And for all intents and purposes let's say he still bumps his head.

How does a Kal El raised by a real martial artist or a Kakarot raised by humble farmers change the characters, if at all?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oRM-myGGZTE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Biggest problem with that is that humble farmers wouldn't have been able to do shit when he saw the full moon the first time and went full on monkey beast. Other than that interesting idea.

Goku would fuck up the disguise on the first week.

Superman depending on the version, would be pretty OP from the start an be able to get the Dragonballs easily.

this

They would grow and meet and then superman would beat you in a fight

The key difference is that Superman, pound for pound, doesn't need to "train" to be as strong as he is.

Conversely, Goku has a huge amount of potential, but he needs to train at a high rate to utilize it.

In switched positions, I imagine Superman getting stronger and stronger, to an almost unstoppable degree. That is, assuming he still trains and follows what Goku did (which might not even happen, given how strong Superman naturally is).

On the other hand, Goku starts out with, say, Captain America levels of strength. But without access to superpower/supernatural training, he won't easily meet his full potential. He might never even fly.

HOWEVER, given how the DCU works, it's possible Goku could end up in a different powerful position. A Lantern of some sort. That and their training could unlock his potential and make him quite the powerful figure. Would he be as strong as he is in the DBZ-verse? Probably not. But he'll still be one of the more powerful figures in the DCU.

>Goku actually destroy everything except for farmers.
>Local Government/lex luthor come in and asks the goku some questions.
>Check his brain and notice there is a computer chip in his brain.
>They take it out and prepare themselves for the invasion.
>The justice society take control of the boy and teach him how to used his power.
>20's years later.
>Saiyans are come in and quickly taken out by the justice league.

Clark would be a lot shorter.

Well first off grampa Gohan will not be killed by superman like goku did. He would raise superman to learn martial arts but how much superman dedicates to learning it is up for debate. He may not need to actually train and get stronger as no one could even spar with him until far into Z. Presuming that he has ki like everyone in dragonball he is going to be a powerhouse but unfulfilled for most of his life.
Goku is just hopelessly out classed. There is a good chance that he is taken out by a hero during his first great ape transformation. It's possible that he would become a hero and train but I'm not sure how string he would be. He isn't learning any of his signature moves except perhaps eventually super Saiyan without mentors.

Gohan wasn't able to do much either, he died the first time Goku went Oozaru.

I think with the Kents Goku stands a pretty good chance of just being a normal kid. Well, up until the first full moon in any case. After that it's difficult to say. In DBZ Goku only ever ended up meeting Master Roshi and starting on the road of a martial artist by chance; if he'd never met Bulma he could have stayed in the forest indefinitely.

As for Superman? He doesn't kill Gohan, who ends up raising him as his own son. Gohan had a fairly decent grasp of morality, so maybe Superman doesn't stray too far from the path. But in terms of power he would smash through the Budokai tournaments and likely breeze through the rest of DBZ. as he gets older. Piccolo is never born either, I don't think Supes would impale Piccolo Daimaou in quite the way that Goku did as a child.

Remember that Clark won't start getting his powers until the middle of Dragonball if things still follow a similar course (Goku is only like 10-12 and Clark's powers kick in close to the start of puberty). So he would advance steadily until that point and then snowball into obscenity.
In the DC universe, without Frieza, the Saiyans are still alive and have a planet. Which can lead to headache's for the GL's.

Sayains running amok in dc space sounds so good. Most of them have a power level enough to be a pain but not retarded

Well, Goku could not train as much, but e still gets the power up when he is next to death.

But really, what would happens after the full Moon?

Taken by the governament? By JSA? Still with the Kents but under their supervision?

This is important because it would tell which kind of person Goku would be.

If he stay with the Kents I can see him wanting to be a Farmer, along with his love for super heroics.

It is also important to notice that fighting is a great part of the charm of being a hero for Goku. He NEEDS to get that sayan insticnts into something.

Honestly, I think he'd become a crime fighter in the veign of Great Saiyaman or spiderman. He'd fight criminals but feel greatly unmatched until someone stronger challenged him. Goku would then get stronger and stronger to combat bigger and bigger threats, probably. Think of him as starting out as a Robin tier crime fighter slowly working his way up to wonder woman levels of power.

This actually makes sense. Even without a marcial arte background, Goku would nem fight to get off those Sayan hormones, and due to being a sayan, he would be obssessed with being stronger than his enemies. So if he is beaten up, he would try any mean possible for him to get stronger.

And then if an older hero like Wild Cat found him, he could actually begin to get training.

Let's not forget his gimmick that he picks up things REALLY fast. Imagine him being discovered by justice League members like batman or Green arrow and picking up almost all their fighting techniques in months.

I feel like Superman would probably look too powerful beings in universe for help as he gets in his teens and 20s, probably ending up doing more mental training than physical.

Gohan at least raised Goku from a week old to like 12 so I imagine the Kents would have the same thing, maybe that's when Monkey form happens cause of puberty. So I can see Goku being taken by the government but broke out by a bunch of old timers putting the tights on to save a kid. I'd say that Goku is raised in secret from then on by the JSA.

I'd probably write it like that, have a young Lois be interested in the young kid that her dad captured too. Maybe have an arc where Lois and Goku travel together to escape the government with Lois being Gokus brains and Goku being her brawn.

So basically Lois being his new Bulma.

The art of Lois and Goku os cute.
But I don't think that she would run away with him, maybe just help him scape and be simpatethic.

Remember that Goku is retarded with romance anyway.

It was that age because he always went to bed early before that. Gohan first changed at a much younger age.

Superman with access to ki. That ain't fucking terrifying at all.

i wonder what side they would had been during the Thanagar/ Rann war, also a Sayain in any of the lantern corps or even in LEGION would be interesting.

Well Gohan saw the transformation before. He warned Goku to never look a the moon again because a monster will come out and attack.

Even if Goku'd stayed in the woods he still would be kung fuing animals. Gohan taught him martial arts by that point.

I still feel like, while he might do fine during the budokais, until he gets over that whole "subconsciously limits his power because he hasn't quite grasped just how powerful he can be" he might actually have a tough fight if the saiyans show up.

The kents remove the tail in order to avoid suspicion about Goku. He never sees a full moon before they take it off.

On the DBZ side of things, the Red Ribbon Army, King Piccolo, Piccolo, Raditz, Nappa, Vegeta, and Frieza and all of his minions get fucking slaughtered. After that, we're talking about a version of Cell with a mix of Kryptonian and Saiyan DNA. The wild ride probably ends there.

Also Supes probably ends up nailing Bulma.

I don't even think Supes would have to fight Freeza unless one of the saiyans calls him up and kills him.

I don't actually think their lives would be all that different. The way their personalities would develop is a question of nature versus nurture, but as for the actual sequence of events for their lives, well, they're similar enough in levels of power and ability that I just don't many points of divergence.

Well, except for one. The most significant difference I can think of is probably the way they died.

Specifically, if we're looking at a universe where Goku is fighting Doomsday, I'm not sure he actually WOULD die. Super-people get beaten near to death with alarming frequency, and because of his Saiyan biology, this would actually give Goku a significant advantage. If he's not more powerful than Doomsday at the time of the fight, the fight will only make him stronger when he inevitably survives the near-fatal beatdown.

Superman, on the other hand, is kind of an interesting case, because a DBZ universe with no Goku means there's no Raditz, which means the planet has no warning about the impending arrival of Vegeta and Nappa. No warning means no training, which means everyone stays at the same level they were at around the end of DB/the start of DBZ. This is not significant for Superman himself, because the bulk of his power doesn't actually come from training. It's incredibly important in the context of all his friends, though- when Nappa and Vegeta arrive, they wouldn't even have to fight, because even a single Saibaman would be powerful enough to end any of them with minimal effort. Superman is, of course, powerful enough to end that threat himself, but I guess the question then becomes whether living in Goku's world did anything to prepare him for using his powers at that level. Having never had to really push himself and use his powers to their full potential, I think it's very possible that some or all of his friends might die before he really gets his butt in gear.

>Cell with Kryptonian DNA
youtube.com/watch?v=oRM-myGGZTE

No Raditz means they'd have never gone to Namek, but Cell and Buu would have probably still appeared.
Beerus might show up, and I have no idea what Black would be in this situation

to be honest it probably does very little for him, other than giving some additional options for ranged combat besides laser eyes and freeze breath.

Super Kryptonians would be fun.

Not really Ki iis used for all sorts of physical enhancements (strength/speed/invulnerability etc), also special abilities like psychic powers and teleportation, Supes with all that would be ridiculous to be honest.

> Hey, like I know we aren't doctors or anything, but let's mutilate this kid.

all the enhancements ki manipulation can provide are dwarfed by his natural attributes under a yellow sun.

Its kind of a multiplier.

But anyway, he could learn new tricks like teleportation.

Ive actually thought about this a lot too and i think it would be very detrimental to Goku at first.
He would never learn any of his iconic techniques and low class saiyans are not nearly as inherently powerful on earth as a kryptonian. He could probably train to get to a point where physically he was incredibly strong, and being insanely generous lets say he could get to Mongul levels of pure physical strength if he trained very hard. His latent ability to manipulate ki would only allow him to learn the most basic of blasts since without Roshi he would never be able to teach himself Kaio Ken or Kamehameha.
Superman on the other hand would grow up to be the ultimate fighting machine who would be almost completely unstoppable. Im sure Roshi would teach him some bullshit ki manipulation technique that could neutralize the affects of kryptonite if he focused hard enough.
The only downside to this for Kal El is that he doesnt become the symbol of hope Jor El hoped he could be, and he never inspires love amongst the people of earth.
Kakarot meanwhile would probably force himself into the spotlight saving cities every now and then, but his love of the fight makes him kinda unpopular as a hero.
If the two met to fight under these conditions Superman would absolutely fucking destroy him though, and this is coming from someone who normally thinks Goku would win.
Fuck Screw Attack btw. Worst channel on youtube easily with the cringiest hosts.

If Goku lived with the Kents would he still take that blow to the head that made him change as a kid? Because if not he'd be a villain.

>And for all intents and purposes let's say he still bumps his head.

How about Buu?

Could Superman defeat Buu? Because while he does completely outclass Buu in strength, does he have the capabilities to destroy him completely, you know at the level where he can't even regenerate?

No remember Goku only went good when he bumped his head before that he was evil and bloodthirsty as the rest of the sayians. I highly doubt the kents would be able to survive evil baby goku or even let him hit his head.

>I think with the Kents Goku stands a pretty good chance of just being a normal kid. Well, up until the first full moon in any case

So he'd be "normal" for about a month at most?

But, This is DC verse.

Most of these scientists would probably go check his brain.

Maybhe te Kents amputate infant Goku's tail so he'll blend in easier?

...I am now suddenly realizing that Superman is almost definitely uncircumcised

Goku is retarded with romance because he was raised by a country bumpkin in the middle of nowhere and didn't even meet a female until Bulma.

Goku may not be anywhere near as strong under the Kent's parentage, but he'd be way smarter.

>How does a Kal El raised by a real martial artist or a Kakarot raised by humble farmers change the characters, if at all?

Supergoku kills everybody because the Kents don't drop him on his head

>...I am now suddenly realizing that Superman is almost definitely uncircumcised

Good

Martha is a vet in American Alien

Also they might have experience docking tails, but that's for sheep and shit

Saiyan tails pop right off. They act more like fucking buttplugs than animal tails

He would go ape and kill the kents within the first month.

Goku would never be in the dc universe, Kakarot would be.

Hell it wasn't until goku hit his head that he stopped being an ultra violent child.

The Kents (and many, many others) die the first time Goku sees the moon.

Kal-El basically becomes a stronger and much more intelligent version of the original Goku.

Goku never knew about ki shit until he met roshi. He gets downgraded to mr satan tier without ki(and proper martial arts training)

actually at the Buu level, I think thats where beings in DBZ are actually at Kryptonian levels of power.

so it would be a real fight.

>Kaio 界王 symbol on Goku

Wouldn't he have the Go 悟?

>and much more intelligent version
Why would he be more intelligent?

You know some kids actually are born with tails and the parents get them removed, right?

because he doesn't have shits for brains and actually reads stuff. He's not a country bumpkin like Goku

Because he is quick at learning things.

Goku is quick to learning about fighting but he is not smart in anything BUT fighting.

Goku is literally a brain-damaged idiot.

Superman is either highly intelligent or a super-genius, depending on which version you use.

Given their reversed upbringings he *would* be a country bumpkin like Goku. Maybe even worse since he wouldn't have to train or work hard to do the things he does and he'd have more years of poor tutelage since Grandpa Gohan wouldn't die.

Gohan was an excellent master and was more "serious" a master than even Roshi.

and he would definatly have sent him along to Roshi when the time came.

Superman won't be really having his vulnerability problem since he'll be leading about Ki and learning to defend against magical attacks.

Can Buu survive being thrown into the sun? If he can't then heat vision should suffice.

easily, he's a being that crushed Heaven.

Well yeah it pips off...when super humanly strong people pull on it. Personally for me that always been cringe, I just imagine then tearing flesh and bone by brute force, and how fucked up that is.

Superman learns martial arts at an early age from grandpa Gohan. When his powers develop, he becomes stronger than Gohan could ever imagine. After learning that his newfound powers were not normal, Superman learns of his alien heritage and seeks to learn more.

Gohan tells him about the legend of the dragon balls, and Superman uses his newfound senses to traverse the world and find them. He meets Pilaf and wrecks him. He collects all seven dragon balls with ease and uses his wish to learn about his heritage.

He starts wishing back kryptonians.

>Black

Ultraman?

He lost it in an accident.
A farming accident. ADR

The standard flying brick stuff, yeah. But remember, there's shit like mind reading, telekinesis, instant transmission which is literally instant, no lag.

Buu has bullshit regeneration. Remember, Gotenks and Picollo once destroyed every bit of him they could find, and Buu reformed from the smoke.
He's kind of like Alucard from Hellsing, in that he's really easy to hurt, but he just heals from anything.

Don't forget Buu is magic, which is something Supes can't defend against. If he gets turned into chocolate, he's just gonna be chocolate for a while.

>Blocking Clarkku's kamehameha wave
>Perfect Cell:"You are no match for me"
>Laser beams to the face
>End of the Cell arc

Nah. Cell would have Kryptonian dna, he'd also be able to receive Zenkai boosts from any beating he gets and he has top tier regenerative ability to top it off. Everyone is fucked.

Kyptonian superspeed + ki poweboost + having martial arts training so he isn't pants on head retarded when it comes to fighting = Clark doesn't get fucking once by any opponent sans Superman Ball Super.

hit*

Oh shit. Did we make actually perfect cell?

Who would be able to stop him? Even at his weakness form he's still a Kryptonian/Sayian hybrid.

Phantom zone projector fixed by Capsule Corps that Clarkku uses in a blink of an eye or as some bullshit trap ends the fight too. As a matter of fact PZ also neutralizes Boo so long as it is fat Boo.

Depends on how split his biology is. Should for example his lungs operate as Saiyan then taking and keeping him in space would do the job.

He can breathe in the vacuum of space. He has Frieza's cells. That also gives him high survivability. Frieza was able to function with a half a fucking body.

Wouldn't he also still have a crippling weakness to kryptonite?

Possibly? Gero would probably find a way to remove it. He made a Cyborg out of paperclips and rocks in hell.

Cybernetics and Genetics are different